Arrow The Caity Lotz/Black Canary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys might wanna go check amells Facebook out....

I like the one where he has her staff since in another pic she has his bow. They are either stealing or borrowing each other weapons. :D

It looks like there's going to be a pretty awesome fight scene with them in the next ep. I can't wait.

Last edited:
I hope the two of them don't venture into a children's playground and start jumping about from one apparatus to another. :p

Saw this on tumblr. Totally forgot about this line.
“That’s actually my sister Sara. I don’t know why my father bought her that canary. That thing chirped night and day, drove us all nuts.”

Yeah but Laurel was the one wearing the fishnets :oldrazz:

Just imagine what she might be called if her father bought her a parrot. :p

She would be repeating everything the criminals say until they become insane :woot:

“That’s actually my sister Sara. I don’t know why my father bought her that canary. That thing chirped night and day, drove us all nuts.”

That may have been a hint. Sara had the pet Canary, not Laurel. So Sara is the Canary.

The Parrot doesn't have quite the same ring. Although I'm still curious on how she's going to get people to call her The Canary.

Last edited:
That may have been a hint. Sara had the pet Canary, not Laurel. So Sara is the Canary.

That Parrot doesn't have quite the same ring. Although I'm still curious on how she's going to get people to call her The Canary.

What? Never!!! It sounds just as good as being called the Canary!!

I'm sure it will have a particular significance to her. Maybe she drove her captors crazy with her screaming until they decided to train her instead of torture her.

Do you think we're going to get the reveal at the beginning or the end of the episode? Because I don't think I can stand another cliffhanger. :csad:

Do you think we're going to get the reveal at the beginning or the end of the episode? Because I don't think I can stand another cliffhanger. :csad:

Yeah, the last 3 episodes have all had cliff hangers, first canary, then capture and last but not least that Name drop, hope it keeps this pace!

But I think the reveal will be near the beginning, since it looks like they team up.

Honestly, unless they do a HUGE time skip somewhere down the line, after Sarah has died from some other tragic event, then there's no way that Laurel could realistically become an effective version of the Black Canary, let alone match up to someone who's been trained by the League of Shadows especially.

It took Oliver and Sarah 5 years to be as strong as they are now, and Roy looks like he could get away with becoming Red Arrow or Speedy within maybe 3 years worth of Training, but Laurel..she'd need an average of 5 years imho.

With all this talk about who's a better fighter. I'd like to see Arrow and Canary sparring and her winning since Diggle always loses.

That way Team Arrow can see how well trained the assassins are that are coming after her.

Well based on the extended promo for next week's episode, if it's true that Oliver recognizes Sarah just from taking off of her mask, I guess that throws out the whole "plastic surgery to explain why she looks different from the actress in the first episode" scenario.

That stupid theory and idea has been debunked over and over again, yet people continued to suggest it:doh:. Use your imagination, suspend belief you are watching a freaking fictional tv show:doh:

Wasn't really a fan of her acting. I hope she improves over time like Amell did.

Amell did not really improve, he was just good from the get go for me anyway.

Ruby's personality wouldn't fit Black Canary's. So it's inappropriate for Katie Cassidy to pull that one out of her limited repertoire in the hope of seeming like she's tough enough to be BC

I don't even like her character on Supernatural. I admit, I haven't watched it, but going by all the clips people post of her, trying to convince us that she has the acting chops, all I see is a b****y demon. And constantly b****y is not a quality I'm looking for in Black Canary.
So almost everyone is one the same page with me now, when I started to point out the flaws with this casting, many on this site were accusing me of hating on Cassidy when all I wanted was to help this character and show before it was too late.

Last edited:
If I understand what you guys are saying is that in the comics Canary is Laurel and in the show she is Laurel-not-so-dead-sister ?

That is my biggest issue with Katie Cassidy being the Black Canary. She can't pull of the bad ass part of the character. She always looks she's about to cry at any moment.

And it's not about looking like a fighter, Caity Lotz doesn't look anything like a fighter if you saw her walking down the street, but if you watch her vids you can see she can kick ass. So even if she can't act (although she really can't be any worse than Cassidy) But she has one of the skills needed to be the Canary, where Katie Cassidy has none.

If I understand what you guys are saying is that in the comics Canary is Laurel and in the show she is Laurel-not-so-dead-sister ?

In the New 52 comics (on which most of this show follows) Laurel is not the Canary she doesn't exist. And on this show the Canary is being played by someone else. I don't know what the show plans on doing, they keep saying that this Canary is connected to Laurel's journey and that in the comic Laurel is the Black Canary. However this isn't the comics and they haven't followed the comics with their other characters, like Deathstroke.

Last edited:
That is my biggest issue with Katie Cassidy being the Black Canary. She can't pull of the bad ass part of the character. She always looks she's about to cry at any moment.

And it's not about looking like a fighter, Caity Lotz doesn't look anything like a fighter if you saw her walking down the street, but if you watch her vids you can see she can kick ass. So even if she can't act (although she really can't be any worse than Cassidy) But she has one of the skills needed to be the Canary, where Katie Cassidy has none.

She doesn't really have a very happy-looking face. I'm not saying she has to be smiling all the time, but some people's faces seem to default more towards being radiant or smiling, while others default towards being miserable-looking or about to cry. Katie looks like the latter.

I actually think it's whatever she did to her face to make it stiff like that caused the problem.

She looked more natural in older pics I've seen of her so I have no idea why she did that to her face, she's still pretty young. Isn't she only like 26?

Last edited:
Yeah, i read some where that she uses Botox, not sure if its true or not but why would any one do that.

Maybe she's not really 26 but under stating her age, or maybe she's already looking old for her age, which is quite possible.

Really, Katie Cassidy is only 26? Well it's a good thing that she's coming off older because Caity Lotz is also 26. I'd pegged Laurel as at least 28.

I guess it works that way then, with Sara being the younger sister.

I actually thought Katie Cassidy was 30 something. I had to look it up to see she was only 26.

A woman at 26 shouldn't be using botox. Even at 30-something it shouldn't yet be a requirement. One shouldn't be having frozen face so early.

A woman at 26 shouldn't be using botox. Even at 30-something it shouldn't yet be a requirement. One shouldn't be having frozen face so early.

A woman should never have Botox, it doesn't make em look better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"