The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one part in his movie that I just cringe at every time thanks to his costume: the first time Loki knocks him down in their final fight, he just lays there for a second and slowly gets back up...the armor on his arm looks sooooo fake.

I have the same problem as herolee with his costume, tbh. Most of the time it looks great, but there are moments where it looks plastic as hell. Haven't seen any of those moments from the Avengers yet, though, so fingers crossed they noticed this in Thor and made changes accordingly.

Well I'm not as analytical as most cmb fans (especially with costumes) so I've never noticed that and I've seen THOR 24 times, but I take your word for it and hopefully they fixed it in The Avengers.

Last edited:
I've found that, some of the scenes and shots, Cap's new costume does look off, yes. Others, though, it looks perfectly fine. I suspect its a matter of proper framing ( and perhaps wear ) and finishing.

If Cap's helmet looks this good throughout the film, I will be happy:
423804_327039087354104_126757470715601_891758_1950472160_n.jpg

This also makes me finally get why they went with the helmet rather than the cowl. It totally works.

Cap looks super in this shot and the cowl helmet is awesome .

^ Agreed, this is probably my favorite picture of Cap out of all the promotional material released so far.

If Cap's helmet looks this good throughout the film, I will be happy:
423804_327039087354104_126757470715601_891758_1950472160_n.jpg

This also makes me finally get why they went with the helmet rather than the cowl. It totally works.

Agreed. He looks phenomenal here. Especially the helmet. It looks the best I've seen it.

Originally posted by marvel_freshman
Found the Cap/Hawkeye poster in UHQ (2150x3000)
avs120314.jpg

They photoshopped his helmet there a bit. They made the eye openings larger and made the fabric snug to his face. Wonder if they'll do that for the whole film.

That would make a cool 3D stand-up display in the theaters. Cap looks terrific. The best shot of him with the helmet I've seen so far.

I love this Japanese ad
tumblr_m0vbxiwdgF1r2j1bko1_500.jpg

High-Res
tumblr_m0vbxiwdgF1r2j1bko1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new suit! Never once doubted it, since we saw it looking fantastic in that glass case. Just one thing, does Cap seem a little slim to you guys? I mean, even the poster compared to Iron Man and Thor he looks pretty skinny. Isn't Cap usually broad and muscular in the comics and even in TFA? Is it confirmed that Evans lost weight or is it just the suit?

Especially in this pic, the difference is noticeable
trailer20036layer42.png

Not that I mind, I think he looks sweet, but there is a difference right?

I can hardly see his frame due to his position and his sheild so fret not until there is more sustainable proof sir.

The suit in TFA was alot more bulky and this one is slimming

Yeah. We've discussed Evans' changing body shape over and over again in the other threads. A lot of fans mind it, but others don't. He has lost some muscle mass, but he does seem to resemble Captain America from the older Kirby-style comics. Also, this suit appears to be more suitable for the parkour type stuntwork Cap'll hopefully do in the movie.

Plus Thor and Iron Man are suppose to be bulkier than Cap, one of them is a Norse God and another is a man in an armored suit.

The stills for cap doesn't do justice . If you look at the film clips from the trailers you'll see that he looks just fine.

The stills for cap doesn't do justice . If you look at the film clips from the trailers you'll see that he looks just fine.

Agreed. I love the Avengers costume, possibly more than his TFA one, but in stills and set candids, I have to admit that the helmet looks funny most of the time. In the official pics and in the trailers and in motion, the whole outfit looks phenomenal.

I do love that Tony teases him about it though.

Cap game card
scaled.php

Cap's thaw out
cap27sthawedout.jpg

Cap leaps over explosions in a single bound.
tumblr_m0kax0FaLy1qc01jno1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_m0kax0FaLy1qc01jno2_r2_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"