The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Cap most defiantly earn his position as Leader it wasn't a light-switch moment when Iron Man told Cap to call the command orders.

I don't see how, but to each his own I guess.

I think after The Avengers Evans will have silenced any critics of him as Cap, he just really captures the earnest integrity of the character perfectly and provides a great contrast to the brashness of Tony and Thor, as well as the conflict of Banner.

Thor wasn't really brash in this film though, he's actually level headed 95% of the time as evidenced in his fight with Hulk.

CA:TFA already sold me on Evans being Cap, but he definately set the standard and raised the bar in this film. :up:

I always like Evans as an actor (especially in the gem of a movie called London) and I think he's such a great Cap... that he made me not hate the character of Cap anymore. He's very charismatic, straightforward, honest, low-key and heroic.:up:

He most definitely earned the leadership position. If you look throughout the film, Rogers was gaining respect of the others, and it all culminated in the final battle. When they needed someone to lead the way, its no surprise that they turned to Cap.

For example

Banner/Hulk-When Rogers told him "The only word I care about", you could see how much that meant to Banner. Its probably why the Hulk actually listened to Cap's orders.

Black Widow-He earns her respect on the Quinjet, when she advises him to sit it out as its way too dangerous for him, but he goes anyway.

Thor-Similarly, the scene of him stopping Thor and Iron Man was probably the biggest hint that he would become the leader. When Thor attacked him, and Cap held up and eventually calmed them down, he earned Thor's respect.

Iron Man-This was the longest development, as they developed together. They really grew together, and you could see the foundations being made of them becoming the brothers they are in the comics.

Hawkeye-Barton obviously accepts Cap as the leader, and Rogers is the one who tells him to "suit up" when BW and Hawkeye were sitting there wondering how to get back at Loki.

He also took the leadership role when he reprimanded Stark for trying to bring out the Hulk and reminded everyone to do their job.

So all this culminated into the scene where Cap gives the orders to everyone. If you look at that one scene it may seem that it was forced, but throughout the movie Cap was being built up as the leader.

Basically, Cap in The Avengers is exactly what I had wished Cyclops had been in Singer's X-Men. I mean, I love those movies, I love Singer, and I actually really kind of love James Marsden, but Cyclops was all sorts of uninteresting and boring. Cap was the exact opposite in TA, at least for me.

And it was everything I wanted from Joss Whedon for Cap after reading Astonishing X-Men.

He most definitely earned the leadership position. If you look throughout the film, Rogers was gaining respect of the others, and it all culminated in the final battle. When they needed someone to lead the way, its no surprise that they turned to Cap.

For example

Banner/Hulk-When Rogers told him "The only word I care about", you could see how much that meant to Banner. Its probably why the Hulk actually listened to Cap's orders.

Black Widow-He earns her respect on the Quinjet, when she advises him to sit it out as its way too dangerous for him, but he goes anyway.

Thor-Similarly, the scene of him stopping Thor and Iron Man was probably the biggest hint that he would become the leader. When Thor attacked him, and Cap held up and eventually calmed them down, he earned Thor's respect.

Iron Man-This was the longest development, as they developed together. They really grew together, and you could see the foundations being made of them becoming the brothers they are in the comics.

Hawkeye-Barton obviously accepts Cap as the leader, and Rogers is the one who tells him to "suit up" when BW and Hawkeye were sitting there wondering how to get back at Loki.

He also took the leadership role when he reprimanded Stark for trying to bring out the Hulk and reminded everyone to do their job.

So all this culminated into the scene where Cap gives the orders to everyone. If you look at that one scene it may seem that it was forced, but throughout the movie Cap was being built up as the leader.

Great stuff, man.

For example

EPIC WORD :cap:

I found it cool that Cap was knocked down after Mjolnir hit his shield, because vibranium or not it was hit by THOR.

I found it cool that Cap was knocked down after Mjolnir hit his shield, because vibranium or not it was hit by THOR.
Oh yeah! Truth.
That was a mighty blow.
A lesser man would have been crippled or outright Mushed.

I loved Rogers line after that moment.

"Are we done here?"

Steve Rogers is Captain America last I checked. In or out of the costume.

I just wanted to say that I love, love, love Chris Evans in this role.

I just love having a superhero who is just a good nice guy who wants to do the right thing. I'm tired of every superhero being an anti hero who is dark and moody. Or just super damaged. It helps that Evans is the **** in this role.

Evans is great as a fresh-faced Cap, one new to the modern world and who is struggling to find his place.

It'll be interesting to see his Cap evolve along the way to his eventual adjustment to the 21st century.

I just love having a superhero who is just a good nice guy who wants to do the right thing. I'm tired of every superhero being an anti hero who is dark and moody. Or just super damaged. It helps that Evans is the **** in this role.

Precisely why Captain America is my favorite hero. Because he actually IS a HERO lol

Technically, every Avengers member is a hero but Cap is definately the most naturally heroic.

I don't want to piss anyone off but the performances of Evans and Hemsworth impress me way more than RDJ's Stark. It's *just my opinion*, but as perfect as RDJ's Stark is, it comes across more as an extension of RDJ rather than a performance.

There a bunch of times when I was watching TA where there was a upward shot of Evans and I literally thought ''Holy crap, that IS Captain America.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"