Civil War The Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread TAG SPOILERS! - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's meaning there, or he wouldn't have done it.

He pretty clearly doesn't feel he owes Stark anything, and may even feel like he himself doesn't deserve the shield. He may well not be operating as Captain America by the end of the film.
It's definitely the last part of your statement. There was an interview in Empire with the Russos and Feige and they definitively say that
Steve has shed the Captain America symbol and has become "an insurgent." That's the message I got, which was solidified by the last shot of the main film, where Steve shows up to break out his team in civilian clothin.

I don't think it's because he truly believes he doesn't
"deserve it" though. I see it as, he's sick of being a political instrument, and wants to go back to the way he was when he was small - just a kid from Brooklyn who hates bullies and can't run away from a fight. He's acting as his own man now. Bucky being around again, probably reminded him of where he came from.

Saw the movie last night, posted my thought in the Spoiler thread.

It was a blast. Loved it if not crazy for it.

8.5/10

Honestly, I think the next time we see Steve he'll be "The Captain" and using an energy shield created by T'Challa.

Is it true the Wakandan vibranium is different than Antarctic vibranium?

I was talking to my Marvel fanboy friend who is a lot older than me, after watching Civil War last night. He was talking about the Antarctic vibranium and I assumed that was what cap has been using so far?

Cap's shield is definitely not made from Antarctic Vibranium.

Antarctic Vibranium has thus far been found in nature only in the isolated region of Antarctica known as the Savage Land. It is also known as Anti-Metal due to its opposite effects to Wakandan Vibranium. Antarctic Vibranium, through a means that is not understood, emanates vibrations which cause the atomic and molecular bonds in nearby metals of other kinds to weaken, which results in the liquefaction of nearby solid metals.

N3UNTaz.png

I do wonder if Cap will be in BP now. That'd be really cool, even if he plays a small sidekick role.

BP will probably be set in the past? I mean T'Challa is already Black Panther in Civil War.

I do wonder if Cap will be in BP now. That'd be really cool, even if he plays a small sidekick role.
I doubt it. They're going to want BP to be the main focus in his first solo film and I don't see that happening with CA there.

BP will probably be set in the past? I mean T'Challa is already Black Panther in Civil War.
Does that really matter though? They don't *have* to always do origin stories for the first solo films. Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't going to be an origin story. And I'm pretty sure Feige did say at some point that they were going to be cutting back on doing origin story films for the new characters.

It doesn't matter that much. But Marvel mostly does origin stories first.

Spider Man is a different beast. People already saw 2 iterations of Spidey.

Does that really matter though? They don't *have* to always do origin stories for the first solo films. Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't going to be an origin story. And I'm pretty sure Feige did say at some point that they were going to be cutting back on doing origin story films for the new characters.
I could see them potentially doing flashbacks back to him taking on the BP mantle to get some context to what's going on in the present.

I was talking to my Marvel fanboy friend who is a lot older than me, after watching Civil War last night. He was talking about the Antarctic vibranium and I assumed that was what cap has been using so far?

No. In A:AOU we know that Cap's shield came from Wakanda when they found Klaue's files.

Not surprising considering how they filmed it and the whole secrecy of it all, but still cool to read the details on that.

Yes.

I could see them potentially doing flashbacks back to him taking on the BP mantle to get some context to what's going on in the present.

I think that is probable. I don't see them setting the entire movie in the past.

Going on what you guys were saying about Cap's shield, I think he realizes the Captain America persona only worked in the 40's; in this day and age, which is very different in morals, society, and perspective, the Cap image just doesn't work so Steve is just like "screw it, I'm done" and he's become Steve Rogers.

He dropped the SHIELD because of Tony's flippant response that it doesn't belong to him - which mirrors the central theme that he doesn't want governments controlling the Avengers.

I don't think Iron Man was under powered. If the Mandarin could give him a good fight in IM3, Cap definitely should. Add in the situation they were in, and I found the fight very believable.

That statement makes zero sense.

Especially since the Mandarin did a hell of a lot better against Iron Man than Cap did. Why do people keep acting like the Mandarin was only as powerful as Cap?

That guy wasn't the Mandarin.

More people need to watch the "All Hail The King" short. In that short you find out that there's a real Mandarin that pissed about other people using his name.

Especially since the Mandarin did a hell of a lot better against Iron Man than Cap did. Why do people keep acting like the Mandarin was only as powerful as Cap?

Please don't call him the Mandarin. Please call him something else. Like the Tattooed Lava lamp man :hehe: or something. For some reason that makes me upset. The Mandarin is actually one of the VERY FEW Marvel Villains I know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"