Civil War The Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread TAG SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to avoid trailers because they give so much away now, but I just saw the Team Iron Man TV spot and man oh man does this look great. Winter Soldier was far my favorite movie in the MCU thus far. Is it just me or is this what the second Avengers movie should have been all along? I can't think of what Age of Ultron added to the storyline aside from Vision which you know...could have been done in the Ant-Man movie but we don't need to get into that.

So if he can become Super dense that he's unbreakable. Shoot lasers. Fly and...yeah he's basically Superman.

Infact who would win MCU Vision or DCCU Superman.
Whoever the writer wants to win.

The audi commercial just goes to prove officially the mcu Cap, Bp and bucky ain't just peak human. Hell Winter soldier isn't even peak human in the comics.

All three of them are outrunning cars..definitely slight superhuman.
After reading about Cap's abilities, he is definitely super human. Jumping 20 ft from a standing position, never aging, never getting sick, seeing bullets, never getting tired, bench pressing 2000lbs? :wow: That's not "peak human".

After reading about Cap's abilities, he is definitely super human. Jumping 20 ft from a standing position, never aging, never getting sick, seeing bullets, never getting tired, bench pressing 2000lbs? :wow: That's not "peak human".

Not to mention in The Winter Soldier, he did a swan dive into the ocean from around 1000' up in the air, and he jumped out of an elevator from around 10 stories up fell through plate glass and steel and landed on concrete.

Those two things are definitely superhuman.

And he has kicked 2,000 and 3,000 pound vehicles with a single leg so hard that the move.

And in AOU he threw a motorcycle so hard that it crushed the front half of an armored assault vehicle.

Cap is an absolute beast. No question about it.

Last edited:
Not to mention in The Winter Soldier, he did a swan dive into the ocean from around 1000' up in the air, and he jumped out of an elevator from around 10 stories up fell through plate glass and steel and landed on concrete.

Those two things are definitely superhuman.

And he has kicked 2,000 and 3,000 pound vehicles with a single leg so hard that the move.

And in AOU he threw a motorcycle so hard that it crushed the front half of an armored assault vehicle.

Cap is an absolute beast. No question about it.

Yeah. He is just a super badass.

There's been zero doubt in my mind since TWS that Cap in the MCU is superhuman. No "peak human" about it. Same with Panther and Bucky.

Where does Panther gets his super powers from?
I always assumed Cap and WS have super powers due to the serums.

Where does Panther gets his super powers from?

A rare herb.

There's been zero doubt in my mind since TWS that Cap in the MCU is superhuman. No "peak human" about it. Same with Panther and Bucky.

Yup. The only reason the "peak human" argument exists in the comics is because human beings in comics aren't like real human beings. They regularly do stuff that is physically impossible but is handwaved away with some excuse about how they trained really hard.

I remember there being a possible rumored connection between the heart shaped herb and the development of the SuperSoldier Serum.
But I'd have to into that a bit.

(Edit: meh. Disregard. Can't seem to find where I saw that.)

Last edited:
If someone that has already seen it wouldn't mind answering this question for me...

Based on what you guys saw out of Scarlet's powers in this film, would you guys say that she's more than capable of beating the Hulk or Thor at their best?

Wait, what has Bucky done that's superhuman?

If someone that has already seen it wouldn't mind answering this question for me...

Based on what you guys saw out of Scarlet's powers in this film, would you guys say that she's more than capable of beating the Hulk or Thor at their best?

At their best? Probably not yet.
She's got greater control of her powers, but doesn't seem to have full control as of to what extent yet.
But, I wouldn't say it's past the realm of possibility for her to hold her own eventually.
(Although she has been shown to also have access to others minds, so...that is something in her arsenal)

In winter soldier, Cap says he's strong and fast.
Plus metal arm.
In this film (watch the Audi commercial that recently dropped) check out his speed.
He does have a variant of the SSFormula in his veins as well.

In winter soldier, Cap says he's strong and fast.
Plus metal arm.
In this film (watch the Audi commercial that recently dropped) check out his speed.
He does have a variant of the SSFormula in his veins as well.

He's also shown to be completely outside any non-meta human's weight class. Black Widow is a world class spy and combatant who we've seen effortlessly tear through trained enemies like they were tissue paper, and she gets her ass kicked. Falcon, despite his guns and wing suit, doesn't fare any better. From what we saw in the Jimmy Kimmel clip, nor do Sharon or Tony without his armor. And that's not getting into all the generic SHIELD agents he kills without breaking a sweat.

The only people who can actually shown being able to stand against him are Cap and Black Panther, both of whom are enhanced.

He's also shown to be completely outside any non-meta human's weight class. Black Widow is a world class spy and combatant who we've seen effortlessly tear through trained enemies like they were tissue paper, and she gets her ass kicked. Falcon, despite his guns and wing suit, doesn't fare any better. From what we saw in the Jimmy Kimmel clip, nor do Sharon or Tony without his armor. And that's not getting into all the generic SHIELD agents he kills without breaking a sweat.

The only people who can actually shown being able to stand against him are Cap and Black Panther, both of whom are enhanced.

And even Cap had a hard time fighting Bucky in TWS and he wasnt holding back in their first fight. An ordinary human, even in peak condition, wouldnt put Cap on the ropes in a fight. Caps would have destroyed Bucky if Bucky wasnt superhuman. His bionic metal arm alone doesnt account for Bucky's strength, speed, and abilities. So he must be superhuman.

And even Cap had a hard time fighting Bucky in TWS and he wasnt holding back in their first fight. An ordinary human, even in peak condition, wouldnt put Cap on the ropes in a fight. Caps would have destroyed Bucky if Bucky wasnt superhuman. His bionic metal arm alone doesnt account for Bucky's strength, speed, and abilities. So he must be superhuman.

Yeah, if Bucky weren't superhuman there's no way he could take on Cap and BP one-on-one. A metal arm can only do so much, and it will break against a Vibranium weapon like Cap's shield or BP's claws.

Anyone that can take on Cap hand to hand to a stand-still and kick like this is certainly enhanced.

5051862-kick+1.gif

Think it really depends on the scenario. I think out of the 3, Hulk is the most durable, Thor is the most versatile with his flight, lightning and boomerang weapon while Scarlet Witch is the one with the most potential for damage. Really hard to say which of the 3 is strongest. For example, while I'd normally say Thor is stronger based on what we've seen in the films, in AOU, Ultron was beating him but I think that Scarlet Witch would have easily destroyed Ultron. If you just threw the 3 of them into a hunger games style arena though, purely fighting each other, I think Scarlet Witch is out first since she's very much a glass cannon. Will be interesting to see how she develops though, I'm really hoping she appears in at least 1 other film prior to Infinity War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"