Dark Phoenix The Car Slayer is Back! Olivia Munn is Psylocke!

It was something I was dreaming of from the first X-Men film. I really like the Olivia Munn version, just wish she could have been a permanent team member in the present day. And I wouldn't mind if she appears much less than some of the other X-Men.

I was always more into X-Men but the MCU have really done well at getting a broad range of hero characters right. And with Infinity War it looks like everyone will appear. Can't we get something like that with X-films one day?

We are never gonna see the team evolved like it did in the comics. And the thing is Fox is able to keep this franchise alive for over 17 years old and they aren't even close. Also Having Quicksilver and Raven as two of the first few members of the X-Men is a disgrace in my opinion. They aren't honoring the source material by doing that.

Last edited:
We are never gonna see the team evolved like it did in the comics. And the thing is Fox is able to keep this franchise alive for over 17 years old and they aren't even close. Also Having Quicksilver and Raven as two of the first few members of the X-Men is a disgrace in my opinion. They aren't honoring the source material by doing that.

I wouldn't have been surprised if we never got the original 5 but at least from Giant Size onwards would have been nice. And failing that just starting with a core group like Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Wolverine and Jean and slowly building out to include the biggest 12 or so X-Men would have been great.

Just imagine, if they had used Juggernaut instead of Quicksilver - as originally planned - and his character/scene had been received as well, we could see Juggernaut as a founder member of the X-Men.

It's all so screwed up, it's unreal. LOL

These First Class films tend to service the villains (of the comics) more and reinvent them as one of the core X-Men.

do you think Psylocke may be lucky to get 2 more lines than in xma this time?

do you think Psylocke may be lucky to get 2 more lines than in xma this time?

She would be lucky to get one as I don't think she'd have more screentime than in Apocalypse.

Its weird that they have Olivia Munn in the role, and they aren't utilizing her that much, its like with Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Famke Jansen, Fan Bingbing and Halle Berry. Maybe they'd cast her in a future movie as Revanche.

When they eventually do an X-Men vs Brotherhood film everyone will be getting confused as to which side they're on.

Just imagine, if they had used Juggernaut instead of Quicksilver - as originally planned - and his character/scene had been received as well, we could see Juggernaut as a founder member of the X-Men.

It's all so screwed up, it's unreal. LOL

Hearing the good reviews for The Runaways, I'm kinda intrigued what a Josh Schwartz-helmed X-men First Class would've done. Those who know me know my utter hatred for Matthew Vaughn's First Class.**

I would hazard a guess we would not have been "stuck" with JLaw's Mystique. It probably would've still been bogged down with a fairly low budget and a short production schedule. So that means bad Beast make-up all the same.

**Edit: I'm perfectly aware that Vaughn has a better filmography than Schwartz. Just thinking of what could have been.

Last edited:
Damn, that's one fact I didn't know. I'm a huge O.C. fanboy so I'm intrigued by what would've been a Schwartz First Class. He certainly would've gotten the teen soap opera elements of X-Men down pat.

Maybe we would've gotten Rachel Bilson as Mystique instead, LMAO.

If that did happen, can you imagine a Rachel Bilson as Raven X-men Blu-ray cover?

I can't either...

I doubt Josh would have featured Raven, it would have been Xavier, Scott, Emma, Jean, Ororo and I guess Hank as well. I think they would have respected the continuity that was established from X1 to Origins.

Xoxo X-Men!

I doubt Josh would have featured Raven, it would have been Xavier, Scott, Emma, Jean, Ororo and I guess Hank as well. I think they would have respected the continuity that was established from X1 to Origins.
It wouldn't be Josh Schwartz if it didn't have a love triangle, so you bet we would get some Emma/Cyclops/Jean shenanigans.
Xoxo X-Men!
LOL.

I am totally sick of love triangles in media nowadays.

Juggernaut has been x-men member alongside Iceman Kurt Angel during new x-men period and astonishing period in Havok's team

Any way, I want Quiksilver left x-men and back to his own

Juggernaut was not a founding member, that's the point. Storm and Kurt weren't too, but if you are gonna induct characters into the X-Men team especially for the foundation of the team, it should have been the essential members of the X-Men from the comics. Raven and Peter aren't.

It wouldn't be Josh Schwartz if it didn't have a love triangle, so you bet we would get some Emma/Cyclops/Jean shenanigans.

LOL.
I wouldn't mind a love triangle, though I prefer Emma to be a villain first before joining the X-Men and having a thing with Scott.

Characters are only not X-Men until they are X-Men.

You wanna bet that over the last several dacades many characters have been put in the X-Men spot but just because they have been X-Men at some point in comic history doesn't mean they are the only ones allowed to be X-Men.

Characters are only not X-Men until they are X-Men.

You wanna bet that over the last several dacades many characters have been put in the X-Men spot but just because they have been X-Men at some point in comic history doesn't mean they are the only ones allowed to be X-Men.

only so many can be on x-men.and they do have to face others.and in comics some start out as bad.some forget the japanese version of psylocke started out as tool of hand and mandarian.

Wonder how much Munn will get in this. The more time the better for me. The character looks like she's been ripped from the comics pages and Psylocke is a difficult one to get right.

I don't think she was in the set longer than in XA. I think her role will be reduced, similar to Havok from XFC to XDOFP.

Expect the worst now, than to get disappointed next year.

Shame as this might be the last time Munn appears as Psylocke. Will have to just keep that car slicing gif on repeat.:csad:

Shame as this might be the last time Munn appears as Psylocke. Will have to just keep that car slicing gif on repeat.:csad:

I think she could have been a bad-ash villain with a dark past, which would have explained why a character like Psylocke would be turned into a villain. And this upcoming film, could redeem her, leading to her eventual X-Men membership. Sadly, Kinberg doesnt seem to have a great plan with most of these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"