Dark Phoenix The Car Slayer is Back! Olivia Munn is Psylocke!

I think she could have been a bad-ass villain with a dark past, which would have explained why a character like Psylocke would be turned into a villain. And this upcoming film, could redeem her, leading to her eventual X-Men membership. Sadly, Kinberg doesnt seem to have a great plan with most of these characters.

Yeah could have been very cool. I definitely give credit for the character design at least, just wish they would use her more.

Yeah could have been very cool. I definitely give credit for the character design at least, just wish they would use her more.

She was there to serve looks. :o

And a last minute addition. Fan Manips from Google convinced Kinberg for Olivia to play Psylocke. That not he had this amazing start of a story arc for Psylocke.

She was there to serve looks. :o

And a last minute addition. Fan Manips from Google convince Kinberg for Olivia to play Psylocke. That not he had this amazing start of a story arc for Psylocke.

Oh I didn't know that haha. Well done to those fans. Yeah there was no arc for her unfortunately. At least an improvement on the X3 version. :woot::csad:

Oh I didn't know that haha. Well done to those fans. Yeah there was no arc for her unfortunately. At least an improvement on the X3 version. :woot::csad:

The X3 version was a blink and miss role. While Apocalypse had Olivia and the iconic costume, I think it really gave Psylocke a wrong public perception. Non X-Men readers, probably think she's a X-Men villain.

Munn was filming a tv show last summer, being a regular, while she was 100% free on summer 2015 for apocalypse, so that should give us an idea of her screentime in XMDP.

The X3 version was a blink and miss role. While Apocalypse had Olivia and the iconic costume, I think it really gave Psylocke a wrong public perception. Non X-Men readers, probably think she's a X-Men villain.
They also think Cyclops is a dick and Wolverine is the only good character. :csad:

Hope she can join the team in a way at least in this film.

They also think Cyclops is a dick and Wolverine is the only good character. :csad:

Hope she can join the team in a way at least in this film.

Well to be fair on Cyclops, they do have material to draw on for that conclusion. Him leaving Jean and becoming Magneto-like in recent years in the comics doesn't help.

Well to be fair on Cyclops, they do have material to draw on for that conclusion. Him leaving Jean and becoming Magneto-like in recent years in the comics doesn't help.

Heh, true. :csad:

Juggernaut was not a founding member, that's the point. Storm and Kurt weren't too, but if you are gonna induct characters into the X-Men team especially for the foundation of the team, it should have been the essential members of the X-Men from the comics. Raven and Peter aren't.

They are former villains

Psylocke/Angel instead of Raven/Quiksilver in team would be great !!!

I hope so. She was probably the best thing in XA for me.

I find it's odd all the actresses say they agreed with everything Kingberg's ever decided to do and they absolutely love all his past work.

Who on Earth would agree to having mostly action scenes and no dialogue? She speaks Japanese in real life like her character does, for crying out loud. I would have rather seen Lawrence gradually turn into the silent henchwoman and seen Psylocke talk a bit more. Her fighting philosophy as Munn explains here is pretty cool. She worked so effin' hard training for it and 75% of it was not used? I wouldn't mind watching that extra footage. Beats Lawrence's never before seen stuff by a longshot.

FOX, why are you wasting all the talent you acquire?!!

Lawrence had the acting chops to pull off something darker, looking more like this:
7188b3dbb641786a821ce9e26dd7b779.jpg

Not this:
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNjYvMDk1L2kwMi9YLU1lbkFwb2NhbHlwc2UuanBn

Last edited:
Yes, Munn did get wasted.

But that extra footage is likely unfinished, with no psi-blade FX and we'd just see her flung around on ropes and cables.

We do, however, deserve a proper edition of X:A with that fight scene in all its glory, Storm's explanatory dialogue reinstated and whatever else they unnecessarily hacked out (while of course they chose to keep shots of floating shipping containers with substandard VFX and a ship being yanked from the ocean floor, yes those were so essential!)

She knew that Psylocke has telepath powers, which the producers didn't know....

They could have done so much more with Munn. At least they got Psylocke’s look totally right.

I wish they gave a full purple hair. In the film, the purple streaks are hardly visible.

apply that same quote to half the x-men of this franchise (if not more)

Nope, only because they didn’t get half of the looks right. :woot::up::csad:

forgot the second part of your quote, yeah, you are totally right, lol.
and its sad. still waiting for a comic accurate Rogue, costume and all. but maybe in 10 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"