Luke Cage The catchphrase "sweet christmas"

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Do you think they should try and fit in the catchphrase sweet christmas? It's very much Luke's thing but other characters in the past have dropped their catchphrase (eg: "avengers assemble" or storm saying "by the goddess")

I personally like it and they have way more time to use it than a two hour movie so I hope they fit it in somewhere

Yes, but keep it minimal. Even just one episode would be a nice homage.

Not sure how to vote. I would be perfectly happy if he never said it ever. Or if someone else says and he give them a look like "WTF is that goofy s**t you just said?" lol. I think if he says it once at the season finale or something. Or they tease it through out the show. I absolutely do not want to to hear it every episode. That would be a complete deal breaker to me.

If he doesn't say it, I'll be very disappointed.

Not sure how to vote. I would be perfectly happy if he never said it ever. Or if someone else says and he give them a look like "WTF is that goofy s**t you just said?" lol. I think if he says it once at the season finale or something. Or they tease it through out the show. I absolutely do not want to to hear it every episode. That would be a complete deal breaker to me.

I think Marvel is smart enough to know that the line is cheesy as hell. But I think throwing it in one episode won't hurt anyone.

Someone suggested, with the mature theme, him saying "Sweet F***ing Christmas." Which honestly has a very different feel.

Needs to be said at least once!

Needs to be said at least once!
Same, like if at somepoint everyone is shooting him and he's sitting there walking through it and then they point a rocket launcher at him and his eye's widen like
"Sweet Christmas" *boom*

I can see it being done without being cheesy.

"Sweet Christmas" sounds like something old white men in the 60's thought would sound hip coming out of the mouths of cool black super hero lol.
I could stomach the phrase if..
1)..it's done tongue and cheek. Like a self parody.
2)..they do it once for some fan service, and just bury it forever. They could do a tease like Captain America in AoU "Avengers..."

Last edited:
4591338-0906684970-755224.jpeg

Yeah I don't think we need to worry about him saying the phrase now.

More importantly, he said it twice. If it was just the early scene, I could see it as a one-time laugh, but he did it again, which suggests it'll just be something he says from time to time.

More importantly, he said it twice. If it was just the early scene, I could see it as a one-time laugh, but he did it again, which suggests it'll just be something he says from time to time.
And Colter pulls it off well, it seems natural.

And Colter pulls it off well, it seems natural.

Yea have to agree. I will gladly eat my words. I never thought it would sound right, but he pulled it off seamlessly. It suited his no cursing, tough guy with a good heart persona.
Seems like Colter can make anything sound cool.

I'm so glad they included this. Made my day.

I think it could work in cage's moments of incredulousness like if he walks in on cops doing lines of coke or he sees a jaw droppingly attractive women or the scene of a multiple homicide; he says "sweet christmas" under his breath instead of something like "jesus ****ing Christ" or "holy ****"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"