The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t really know that. That’s all based off of an unconfirmed list of potential names, some who look much older than others.

We don’t really know that. That’s all based off of an unconfirmed list of potential names, some who look much older than others.
In the Bruce Wayne casting thread we've practically been all over every 28-32 year old actor in Hollywood and absolutely none of them except for Armie Hammer look like they'd be off being paired with Anya. A lot of them have quite young girlfriends themselves.

I think it would be best if Selina was mid to late 20s to match Bruce who's late 20s to easly 30s. Anya looks like she can pass as a teenager still and that's a problem.

You definitely need a sense of equality in casting both characters that I think would be lost if you got Anya.

Rosa Salazar

IrZsAyh.jpg

s70jblZ.jpg

This is a purely superficial fancast, but I don't care.

Maria Gabriela de Faria

maria-gabriela-de-faria-at-entertainment-weekly-party-at-comic-con-in-san-diego-07-21-2018-4.jpg

deadly-class-panel-pictured-maria-gabriela-de-faria-picture-id1004077670

maria-gabriela-de-faria-variety-and-youtube-originals-kick-off-party-at-comic-con-san-diego-2018-1_thumbnail.jpg

I just need an actress with a personality. One that can be that morally grey character that likes to have fun, doing what she does. That’s what I liked so much about Anne’s portrayal. She made me see the Selina I had been reading in the comics.

I liked Anne as Catwoman but something about her always felt a little off to me. I think she was slightly miscast.

It's Hathaway in another dramatic role. If she gets to play closer to herself, it's more likely to be natural.

It's Hathaway in another dramatic role. If she gets to play closer to herself, it's more likely to be natural.

Eh, I just think the role requires a certain edge that she just doesn’t have. She did her best with it but I feel like there’s something there that she just couldn’t grasp. It’s the same problem I have with Affleck as Batman, only to a lesser extent. Both the roles of Bruce and Selina require a quiet intensity and darkness that those actors just don’t have in them.

All of you **** talking Hathaway...

Eh, I just think the role requires a certain edge that she just doesn’t have. She did her best with it but I feel like there’s something there that she just couldn’t grasp. It’s the same problem I have with Affleck as Batman, only to a lesser extent. Both the roles of Bruce and Selina require a quiet intensity and darkness that those actors just don’t have in them.
Hah!...didn't even have to wait that long
Selina so far is either this psycho or a thrill-seeking seductress / nihilist
The way Hathaway's was written, it seemed like they were looking for a MI/Bond type, but just couldn't relinquish the exaggerated quirks

She literally felt like Brubakers Catwoman in tone and energy. I don’t think she was bad at all. She actually made me want more of her by the end of the film.

She literally felt like Brubakers Catwoman in tone and energy. I don’t think she was bad at all. She actually made me want more of her by the end of the film.

Yeah, Hathaway nailed the essence of the character and was easily one of the best things about the film in general. Also, of the three actresses cast as Bruce's love interest, she was the only one to have any real chemistry with him. Admittedly, I never would've thought to consider her before seeing TDKR, but I definitely get the appeal now. Same goes for Affleck. He was a much better Bruce/Batman than people give him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"