The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just get Rosa and be done with it.

2WYzUtx.png

tumblr_pm438hG4Ab1rg559so8_540.jpg

Last edited:
Do we know that Ana can’t do an American accent?

She can't, but considering in some versions Selina has latina blood, it makes sense for a latina actress to be considered. But fans will nitpick any damn thing.

:o :D:

Yeah, they will. Honestly, I'm fine with Selina having an accent.

I don't think he was speaking to Ana's ethnicity, just that she might not be able to pull off an American accent. Now, if he was opposed to a Hispanic-American like Eva Mendes playing the role (hypothetically speaking, I know she's too old at this point), that'd be a different story.

That said, I'd be down for a Catwoman with a foreign accent.

She can't, but considering in some versions Selina has latina blood, it makes sense for a latina actress to be considered. But fans will nitpick any damn thing.

:o :D:
Can't? That's what dialect coaches are for.

That being said, I'm fine with Selina having an accent

If she has an accent then I am not really bothered by it if that does happen but if it doesn't then I am not bothered either way

Can't? That's what dialect coaches are for.

That being said, I'm fine with Selina having an accent

Dialect coaches haven't been able to help out better foreign actresses than her in that regard tho, so i'm basing it on that. Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Hayek etc. The spanish accent in particular is difficult to get rid of. It is much easier to do if said actress had been raised here or speaking english from a young age, like Eiza Gonzales for example.

When English isn’t your first language, it’s really, REALLY hard to speak it without a noticeable accent. That’s generally a bigger task than a dialect coach would be able to help you with over a few months. Other languages like French, Spanish, etc. tend to utilize different muscles in the throat more, so it’s like learning how to speak on a physical level all over again.

That said, Selina doesn’t need to sound American, imo. Back in the day, I wanted Cotillard for that role instead of Talia.

Last edited:
Ana de Armas...loved her in Blade Runner 2049 so if she's cast as Salina then I won't have a problem with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"