Justice League The #CavillMVP Superman Movement Thread

Legendver2

Superhero
Reaction score
As requested, this will be the official thread for organization and support of any petition or movement to show the WB suits that we, the fans, still want Mr. Henry Cavill to continue reprising his role as Superman for the next Superman solo and beyond in the DCEU.

Only comments of support and discussion to this topic will be allowed. If you want to criticize and turn this into another debate and criticsm thread, please go to the other official Henry Cavill as Superman thread. This thread is only for the organization and support of the movement and anything related to it. If you bring your negativity and criticism in here, you will be reported.

With that said, let's get this deal moving!

Update:

Here is the petition:
https://www.change.org/p/ollie-give-henry-cavill-a-great-superman-sequel-cavillmvp

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/greenlitechang/status/935013416783056896

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ollie.chang.5680/videos/153793425374097/#

Youtube:
[YT]m7Ig7drVaLk[/YT]

VfMmJiz.jpg

Last edited:
I really want him to continue. I feel if anything this movie highlighted that the audience's poor reaction to him in the past movies was the result of the material, not Cavill's acting.

Has there been talk of him, potentially, not continuing on as Superman?

I liked Henry in Man of Steel.

If he gets the material he deserves, then his Superman could be right up there.

I haven't heard of any talks from WB suggesting this so far, but some news publications are speculating it.

I don't think that'll happen.
If anything, I'd expect Affleck to leave before Cavill.
Hopefully no one leaves. I feel like we have the right actors/actresses.

Some people were speculating Cavill might be let go due to being so heavily associated with Snyder's trilogy, which WB is clearly eager to move away from.

Which I think would be stupid. Like I said, the writing and handling of the character wasn't his fault.

YES! I've been sharing the earlier #MVP photo on my FB already, especially on Supermanhomepage. It's good to atleast show how much Henry is appreciated, from his role in the suit to his actions and humility off of it, it would be a HUGE mistake for WB to lose Henry. Cavill sure is epitome of Superman both in suspension of belief and real life professionalism. He makes Superman fans like myself proud how he talks about our beloved hero. I'm ALL IN for whatever I got to do to support my boi H-Cavs!

We can't post pictures on Cavill's FB page, but I wrote this in the comment section of his recent photo eating TG dinner with his dog Kal:

"Though we can't share photos here, there's a legion of Superman fans wanting to get the message out there of how appreciated Henry Cavill is in the role of Superman. From his humility both in and out of the suit, Superman fans sure are proud to call him our Man of Steel and we as fans decided to take it upon us to have the Alex Ross-esq photo go viral and give Henry huge props to hopefully hone down the role of Superman for years to come! Superman in JL was #MVP."

Great to see the support guys, I just got home, will set up some stuff soon.

Good work Legendver2!

Thanks for doing this, guys. I will share this wherever I can.

Cavill really is THE Superman for me. He looks and acts the part, both on film and in real life. All I want is a sequel for him. He really deserves it.

Regardless of my opinion of Snyder's movies, I never had anything against Henry Cavill. I'd be all for him continuing as Superman even if Snyder doesn't return to directing the movies.

Make it happen Warner Bros. It's for the better. It will make the DCEU shine.

A few quick thoughts

1) SW8 releases Dec 15 in US, the week prior might overshadow everything else, we probably need about a week to arrange this, so Dec 5th is set as the start of HC week for now, giving it the whole working week to run.

2) So just share this vid on FB? how does RT work on twitter/instagram/vero and other social media plateforms? Can we concentrate the views/shares etc for the video so the number becomes larger instead of separated? Hope comp saavy fans can take over that part.

Harley suggested dcleaks/reddit as a plateform as well. Anyone?

3) my vid says draft #2, so if everyone's happy then i'd take out the "draft" part lol

4) harley will look at contacting HC sites, do we all tweet/contact them privately, on their sites/FB/TW, or just one person so they don't get annoyed? Should we post it under their posts etc?

I'm going to contact bloggers and sites I use usually - Mark Hughes, Scott Mendelson, Justin Kowaski, Holybatpodcast, Screenrant.

Same thing, do we attack them together or just one is enough? lol.

and everyone can contact their circles of press/blogs/reporters/fans, and share with family/friends and fans please. if you know anyone working on the production, it'd be awesome too!

5) the petition is one already existed, should we make a new one or stick with this one?

Last edited:
Cavill 4supes 4ever :supes:

Hi guys, I've been lurking here silently for 5 years... finally decided to chip in as I hope I can help with this in some way. I'm a writer and contributor to Huffington Post so I should be able to write something about this 'movement' which may help to publicise it. If I can do a little piece on how 'DC fans REALLY want Henry Cavill back as Superman' or similar, and it's shared and RT'd enough times, it will hopefully be picked up by other media outlets and give this cause a little boost.

I'm a lifelong Supes fan and Cavill is 100% MY Superman. Watching him in JL felt like Supes was finally coming home after MoS and BvS, and if Cavill is the casualty of WB's failings it will just be awful. The wasted potential! I can't believe we are even discussing this like it's a possibility. Like Christopher Reeve, Cavill just embodies Superman, and I want to see more of this character for years to come.

Dec 5th works for me as I need to hit my November deadlines first ;)

Let's make our voices heard!

:smf:

PS. I wanted to use the new Superman photo for my profile pic, am I not allowed to do that as a newbie??

Hi guys, I've been lurking here silently for 5 years... finally decided to chip in as I hope I can help with this in some way. I'm a writer and contributor to Huffington Post so I should be able to write something about this 'movement' which may help to publicise it. If I can do a little piece on how 'DC fans REALLY want Henry Cavill back as Superman' or similar, and it's shared and RT'd enough times, it will hopefully be picked up by other media outlets and give this cause a little boost.

I'm a lifelong Supes fan and Cavill is 100% MY Superman. Watching him in JL felt like Supes was finally coming home after MoS and BvS, and if Cavill is the casualty of WB's failings it will just be awful. The wasted potential! I can't believe we are even discussing this like it's a possibility. Like Christopher Reeve, Cavill just embodies Superman, and I want to see more of this character for years to come.

PS. I wanted to use the new Superman photo for my profile pic, am I not allowed to do that as a newbie??

Welcome and nice to hear! I think you can only use an avatar after a certain number of posts.

After Tyler Hoechin, I realise how good we have it with Henry Cavill.

iu

Make a petition and I'll share it on both my pages (Facebook and Twitter). Unfortunately Sean Gerber from Superhero News said that Cavill and Affleck are pretty much done now, I really hope that isn't the case...

Hmmm...

Cavill looks like superman,
But i havent seen his persona as superman.

Maybe the materials given to him wasnt superman persona level quality.

I would like to give him another chance with director that really captures the essence of superman.

Snyder worked too hard to make superman dark-knighty

Wow I'm very surprised and over the moon to see fans of your caliber coming out and joining the course, and very humbled to see fans coming out to support Henry :ilv:

When will your article be published?

Please post it here as well and we'll start spreading it like wildfire :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"