The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

We shall see what happens. But this sounds like asking people to not put a crucifix in a film. It's like asking, are you a real religion, or aren't you?

It's more about the design. You can put in a crucifix on film, but if that design is based off a very specific crucifix design someone else created the original creator has a legal right the take the person/studio to court for copyright breach. Same deal here. Their devil statue is something they created themselves and have to right to protect the design. Yes, I'm aware of how absurd this is.

I would have thought at worst it was bad form not to ask permission. It sounds incredibly absurd.

Finished it over three days. Pretty much loved it. It wasn't perfect but the cast was brilliant; the cinematography, creature design and special effects were great; and the mixture of dark gothic horror and the more campy elements was delightful. I was worried this might end up like Riverdale but it's soooo much better.

And like I said, pretty much the whole cast was great, but Miranda Otto, Lucy Davis, and Michelle Gomez were standouts for me. They were perfectly cast and the show was way more entertaining when they were onscreen. Also, I wasn't really a huge fan of Sabrina's two friends. Their stories just felt like tangents. Hopefully, they're better intertwined next season. Can't wait :wowe:.

'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina' Statue Prompts Demand Letter From The Satanic Temple

JtvaIBp.gif

They were stupid to copy the statue exactly. All they had to do was change the children and alter the horns and have the wings wrapping towards the children as if to embrace them. That would have given the same impression and been different enough not to be an infringement on the artists original design.

When the show wasn't focusing on Sabrina's high school friends, I enjoyed it. I prefer the 1960s setting of the comics and Harvey being a jock rather than Sabrina's boyfriend from the start, but overall I enjoyed the show. The last few episodes have me looking forward to the next season.

I enjoyed this, but it did not need to be 10 episodes long. There was way too much filler with those middle episodes IMO and by that point the whole thing just felt really bloated to me. It definitely started strong and ended strong, but I wish the pacing had been a bit tighter. I did like a lot of the characters though, especially Sabrina and Ambrose. It was a bit disappointing to see them not do more with Salem, but hopefully that changes next Season which I am looking forward to.

Can they even do anything interesting with Salem in the 2nd Season, after they pretty much gave his role to Ambrose`?

I'm not sure if I'll be back for the second season too much devil worship for me.

As a Christian there's a little too much of it for me.

That's cool. If maybe a bit blasphemous.

I wish Netflix was more spontaneous like this with other shows. Especially Daredevil and Punisher. The wait between those shows's seasons is too damn long and a special episode or two released during the wait between seasons would be very welcome.

This show is based on the recent comics "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina". The old show wasnt based on those comics. And the trailer didn't try to hide the fact that this show is nothing like the old show.
That's what I get for going into the show cold.

I enjoyed this show a lot. (I am late posting because we had storms here and it has played havoc with my wifi and also TV :))

It struck a nice tone and has a lot of fun elements to play with. I like how it satirises religion.

I thought it really got going from Episode 7. I agree that the middle episodes didn't really advance the plot much, especially that dream episode, though that was entertaining as an episode on its own. But maybe would've been better further down the line, when we got to know them all a bit better.

I like the actors. Harvey and Sabrina are nice characters. Harvey has a good backstory with his family. The only distracting thing was that the actors playing Harvey and Sabrina looked somewhat alike (their eyes especially) that I thought they looked like brother and sister! I read other people on Twitter making similar comments about it. But I like both actors.

Ms. Wardwell reminded me of Snape from Harry Potter early on, I didn't know what her intentions were, whether she meant well or not (obviously that was answered by the end of the season.) The academy reminded me of Harry Potter/Hogwarts as well.

I am really looking forward to Season 2 and I hope that Christmas episode is good, not just something rushed or filler. I am intrigued with the birth of the babies, and where Sabrina goes from here. Early on in this season I thought there wasn't enough of showcasing of Sabrina's powers but we should be seeing more of that next season.

I like the tone of the show - it was the right thing to watch before Halloween. Hope the Christmas episode will have a dark Christmas tone like that Krampus movie (though the movie was horrible - the tone is great

I wish Netflix was more spontaneous like this with other shows. Especially Daredevil and Punisher. The wait between those shows's seasons is too damn long and a special episode or two released during the wait between seasons would be very welcome.

I agree with so much of this man, especially with these Marvel/Netflix shows getting cancelled. I think Black Mirror has done a similar thing aswell, but either way I will definitely check this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"