The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Discussion Thread

Prince Caspian Pushed Back to Summer '08
Source: The Hollywood Reporter, BVHE
May 17, 2006

Walt Disney Pictures' follow-up to Andrew Adamson's blockbuster The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe has been pushed back from December 14, 2007 to summer 2008.

The Hollywood Reporter says Disney rescheduled The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian hours after Columbia Pictures circulated an announcement Tuesday staking a claim on December 8, 2007 for the domestic release of its new fantasy fable The Water Horse. Both sweeping epics are produced by Walden Media and when left to open one week apart were perfectly poised to cannibalize one another's 2007 Christmas box office.

In related news, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (BVHE) announced today that "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" has become the number one top-selling DVD of 2006. The film was released on April 5 and has sold over 11 million units in route to claiming this year's top DVD spot.

"We are delighted with the tremendous success of 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.' This award-winning film is a stellar addition to the celebrated Disney collection and has set the tone for the next chapter in this promising franchise," commented Bob Chapek, president of BVHE.

Concurrently, with Narnia in the top DVD spot of 2006, BVHE holds five of the top 10 titles so far this year. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Chicken Little, Lady and the Tramp</B>, Flightplan, and Bambi II are all strongly positioned within the top 10 titles of 2006. "We are very fortunate to have such a strong line up of titles that appeals to every demographic. It is the backbone of what this studio has always been known for," Chapek added.

I hate the move to Summer '08. I guess I just don't want to wait so long. But I am happy that it is a huge hit on DVD...bodes well for the rest of the films.

Cant wait for the next one, i really like the first one, it surprised me a lot with how good it was.

I never read or heard about the books and thought it would be a stupid kids movie when it was released in theaters... Rented it 2 weeks ago and :eek: !

Boy was I wrong.. can't wait for the sequel!

Angelus7181 said:
I never read or heard about the books and thought it would be a stupid kids movie when it was released in theaters... Rented it 2 weeks ago and :eek: !

Boy was I wrong.. can't wait for the sequel!

Thats exactly what happened with me, i rellay enjoyed the first one when i wasnt expecting too.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Thats exactly what happened with me, i rellay enjoyed the first one when i wasnt expecting too.

I know it's like it slapped you in the face for not believing in it. lol

Angelus7181 said:
I know it's like it slapped you in the face for not believing in it. lol

Ha ha, thats one way of looking at it!!!

summer 2008? :mad:

hey these kids arent gonna be young forever, heck that kid who plays Edmund is practically a young man by the way he looks now. he'd be growing a goatee by the time they get around to filiming this thing.

Steelsheen said:
summer 2008? :mad:

hey these kids arent gonna be young forever, heck that kid who plays Edmund is practically a young man by the way he looks now. he'd be growing a goatee by the time they get around to filiming this thing.
But it's for good. Caspian happens a year after LWW so the kids have grown.

i truly hope another director comes around. i really had been waiting for a bigger/better screen version adaption of the books since i was a little one, and i still am waiting. the L>W>W seemed so underdeveloped, and rushed. the child actors were such poor choices, and the movie seemed to be Just for 8yr olds.
i still prefer the miniseries to that cartoon crap i witnessed.

Adamson should make sequel more like movie than the book on-screen.

Anyway, I liked "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".

As of Thursday, July 6, 2006

BANG Showbiz senior editor Simon Thompson tells ComingSoon.net that he talked to Anna Popplewell at the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in London earlier this week and she gave a quick update on The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, in which she reprises her role as Susan Pevensie.

"I am usually the last to know about these things but I know the producers are scouting for locations at the moment," Popplewell said.

"I've been told we should be starting shooting at the beginning of next year. As far as the children go, I think all the old faces will be back. We're all keen to do 'Caspian' anyway."

She also wants to try and get a namecheck for her hometown London 'burb - Finchley - in the film after managing to squeeze it in the first time around.

Anna revealed: "I really want to, I really do. I was so pleased to get it in and was over the moon when it made the final cut."

Disney is targeting a summer 2008 release for the "Narnia" sequel.

Cinemaman said:
Anyway, I liked "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".
So did I.

Is it wrong that I spent much of the time staring at Anna Poppelwell and ignoring the rest?

News from Comic Con 2006:

Given that PRINCE CASPIAN, the sequel to THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE, is still in the embryonic stages of development, Mark Johnson couldn&#8217;t offer much information as to what we can expect from the film so the panel was really about the upcoming release of four-disc extended edition DVD (which will be released December 12th). Here&#8217;s what he had to say.

• They start shooting PRINCE CASPIAN January of next year.
  • Everyone is coming back for the sequel including the four principals who play the Pevensie children.
  • For some reason, he gave updates on each of the children: He recently spoke to Georgie Henley, who plays Lucy Pevensie, and she apparently wasn&#8217;t interested in discussing the film and instead told him about a game of rounders she&#8217;d just played. Anna Popplewell, who plays Susan Pevensie, recently graduated (high school, I&#8217;m assuming) and was first in her class (go Anna!). Skandar Keynes, who plays Edmund Pevensie, apparently just got out of Beirut and they were slightly terrified for his safety given the terrible war raging there. Finally, William Moseley, who plays Peter Pevensie, is dating Johnson&#8217;s niece (go William!). Again, I have no idea why the update on the kids but hey, he said it so I&#8217;m telling ya!
After Johnson&#8217;s rather short spiel, they played a video of what we can expect from the four-disc special edition. The first was a C.S. Lewis biography featuring the likes of Ben Kingsley and some other folks giving little anecdotes about Lewis like his insistence on being called Jack as a child. The second was a featurette titled &#8220;Visualizing Narnia&#8221; which dealt with, you guessed it, visualizing Narnia &#8211; nothing really of major note other than the fact that, you know, the production designers, visual effects people and anyone else who contributed to the look of the film &#8220;visualized&#8221; Narnia rather effectively.

Visual Effects Supervisor Dean Wright then came out and introduced a short clip of THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE that he inexplicably said showcased amazingly what they could have done had they a bigger budget. I say inexplicably because it was just a slightly lame one-minute clip of the start of the climactic battle sequence with animatics of a few indiscernible flying creatures thrown in.

When Dean Wright was finished, they played a short video of director Andrew Adamson introducing an &#8220;Ultimate Fan Contest&#8221; where the titular fan will be chosen to spend a day on the set of PRINCE CASPIAN. Details of the contest can be found on the OFFICIAL SITE.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15971

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
August 11, 2006

While "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" was shot in New Zealand, the second installment, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, will likely shoot in the forests of Europe this coming January, producer Mark Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter. Disney is targeting a summer 2008 release and Andrew Adamson again co-writes and directs.

The trade adds that Adamson and Johnson will reteam to produce the third film, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader," a year after finishing "Prince Caspian

I'm surprised at this, i thought they would defintely stay in NZ for the second one.

hunter rider said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15971

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
August 11, 2006

While "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" was shot in New Zealand, the second installment, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, will likely shoot in the forests of Europe this coming January, producer Mark Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter. Disney is targeting a summer 2008 release and Andrew Adamson again co-writes and directs.

The trade adds that Adamson and Johnson will reteam to produce the third film, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader," a year after finishing "Prince Caspian

:up:
Good to hear the third film will be Voyage...it's my favorite of the books.

I'll look forward to all Narnia movies if they are as good as the first.

Yeah, a release date:
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
hits theaters on
May 16, 2008

phoenixflight said:
Movie Plot

Sequence/Order

Many young fans of the book series are confused as to the order of the films's production. Many people ask why “The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe”, to them the second book, was filmed first, followed by “Prince Caspian”, to them the fourth. The reason is that original collaters of the series numbered them according to the order in which they were published, and, thus far, the films are following that order, which is:

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and His Boy (According to C. S. Lewis' stepson, The Horse and His Boy was the 4th written, 5th released)
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

It may also be noted that “The Horse and His Boy” and “The Magician's Nephew” may be entirely skipped because they do not really effect the final outcome of the series.

not to be mean, but the order is

1. The Magicians Nephew
2.Lion witch wardrobe
3. horse and his boy
4.prince caspian
5.dawn treader
6.silver chair
7 last battle

i know this because i have them all, and the number is on them.

hobgob11 said:
phoenixflight said:
Movie Plot

Sequence/Order

Many young fans of the book series are confused as to the order of the films's production. Many people ask why “The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe”, to them the second book, was filmed first, followed by “Prince Caspian”, to them the fourth. The reason is that original collaters of the series numbered them according to the order in which they were published, and, thus far, the films are following that order, which is:

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and His Boy (According to C. S. Lewis' stepson, The Horse and His Boy was the 4th written, 5th released)
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

It may also be noted that “The Horse and His Boy” and “The Magician's Nephew” may be entirely skipped because they do not really effect the final outcome of the series.

not to be mean, but the order is

1. The Magicians Nephew
2.Lion witch wardrobe
3. horse and his boy
4.prince caspian
5.dawn treader
6.silver chair
7 last battle

i know this because i have them all, and the number is on them.

There are two sequences. The first (of which you quoted) was the release order. The second as you posted is the chronological order.

The first order, was accepted until 1994 when Harper Collins took over publication of the books in the U.S. and at the request of Lewis' step-son, changed the order to the chronological order.

you can read about it here.

NarniaWeb reports that The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian will be shot in Auckland, New Zealand during February and March of 2007. This will be followed with four months of production in Prague, Czech Republic. "Prince Caspian" is expected to shoot under the codename "Toastie."

"The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" was filmed in various locations in New Zealand and the Czech Republic.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is targeting a May 16, 2008 release.

Not looking forward to this at all.

I mean, the first one was cute, but I was just lost once Santa gave the kids weapons... and how they did that "you're too chicken to kill the wolf" thing *twice*... and the beaver wearing armor... and how at the end none of the kids are pissed that they're going to have to go through puberty *again*...

C.F. Kane said:
Not looking forward to this at all.

I mean, the first one was cute, but I was just lost once Santa gave the kids weapons... and how they did that "you're too chicken to kill the wolf" thing *twice*... and the beaver wearing armor... and how at the end none of the kids are pissed that they're going to have to go through puberty *again*...

I didn't care for it either. Apparently subtlety was lost on C.S. Lewis. I don't mind the Christian allegory, but come on, you don't have to force feed it like the movie did. Less is more at times.

Also, I found the last battle to be a bit boring (sorry, but after The Two Towers I've come to expect more from epic battles). I mean, they talk about how strong this Witch's army is and how the Lion's army are such underdogs, but the battle is over in about five minutes and the Lion's army just kicks the Witch's ass.

I never really related to any of the children (they were all too bland), the movie seemed to drag. And yeah, the Santa Clause thing was too much for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"