Legends of Tomorrow The Ciara Renée/Hawkgirl Thread

Renèe is both good as Saunders and an incredibly attractive woman. I'm looking forward to seeing her on Legends. :yay:

Can't wait to watch her kick some ass, together with Sara.

I like her a lot in this first episode. Once she found out that was her son I felt like she went all mama bird to protect him. It felt very sincere in that regard.

Never realized Hawkgirl was so popular or that the response to the casting was so overwhelming positive. After catching the first episode I guess I can understand why- she's beautiful no doubt. Can't wait to see what's in store for the character. To be honest I was disappointed at first as the justice league cartoon was my main frame of reference I was hoping for that Hawkgirl, but this one is just as fascinating-- at least so far.

Ciara Renee is a gifted performer, I am hoping this show goes the distance.

She's freaking fire. I get Savages perspective, I would be pissed too.

Hawkgirl isn't returning for season 2? Huh? That sucks as I'm a fan of the character (both Shayera and Kendra versions). It was quite awesome having a Latina superhero (Kendra is Latina in the comics)

Ciara is all that. I hope to see her in other high profile work. Heck, Marvel should get her to defect. She can play Monica Rambeau/Spectrum or Miss America Chavez.

Only if she gets some acting lessons first. Carter was worse, but she was next in terms of "no charisma, sucks the life out of the scene". Granted, it could be the fault was the writers, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I think the love triangle ruined everything. Had they allowed her to have more fun, and maybe be kickass like Chay-ara in the Justice League Cartoon, she could have probably been great. Disappointed they didn't turn her and Sara into a badass female duo. At least Sara was still great all on her own.

Ciara is actually a good actress, it's just that her character is pretty much the equivalent of Bryan Singer's Cyclops or Padme Amidala in this show. The way her character was written was so flat, which is a shame, because they seem to do a pretty good job with Stein, Snart and Mick.

She was a waste of an adaption. Made her all about the men in her life then being about herself.

Yes, we need you. . . to keep Stalkman as far away from the show as possible. :p

It's funny. I am glad she's gone because all the romance stuff was awful, but I do hope that maybe next season we can see her again for an episode or two and perhaps by then Kendra will have had a lot of (off-screen) adventures and will have grown into the tough warrior version of Hawkgirl.

I don't think there was anything unsalvageable about the character or the actress, the writers were just way too locked into the love triangle stuff.

Agreed. I don't actually mean ill to the actress, and I'd like to imagine a headcanon of St Roche adventures that are, coincidentally, much better written.

It's too bad this character and Hawkman were both so terribly acted and written. They're A-list characters

The problem I had with Hawkgirl is they never let her be a hero. She was always the damsel in distress that needed rescuing. The might as well have used Lois Lane as a team member. If they do bring her back, let her win a few fights on her own, or better yet be the one who rescues someone else. And never ever make her the victim again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"