THE CINEMA LOUNGE

4sjYgmP.jpg

What do you guys got?

First horror movie:
Last horror movie: Nope
Best horror movie: The Mist
Craziest horror movie: Dead Alive/Braindead
Scariest horror movie: [Rec]
Next horror movie: The Sadness (or I might wait and watch something like Smile)

First horror movie: Hard to remember but it might’ve been Beetlejuice
Last horror movie: Nope
Best horror movie: Eraserhead
Craziest horror movie: Evil Dead 2
Scariest horror movie: The Shining
Next horror movie: A universal monster movie, maybe Bride of Frankenstein.

@Kane52630
@weezerspider

Ya'll should keep an eye out for a brazilian flick called, "medusa''. I can't post the trailer for obvious reasons.Written and directed by Anita Rocha da Silveira. The soundtrack alone looks fantastic. One of my most anticipated flicks of the year.

When you guys are watching a movie, how do you know when one act act ends and another begins? Is there a rule of thumb to make it easy to spot the different acts?

It's easy to spot for horror movies because most of them are roughly 90-100 minutes long. So every 30 minutes or so is a new act.

I usually can tell through what's going on in the story. Second act tends start when the plot "begins" and the third act is "this is what the plot was leading to". I tend to break up the second act into two acts for most movies because it's easier to tell when the halfway point is, and that's usually the point in the film in which a character learns new information that might change the original plot.

Back to the Future is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about since it's easy to follow. First act ends when Marty travels to the past. Midway point is Marty finding out that is mother has a crush on him. Third act starts when Marty gets the dance as he tries to reunite his parents and return home.

Time is definitely a good way to tell too. For a lot of movies the first 30-45 minutes and the last 30-45 minutes are the first and third acts.

Bullet Train was fun. Nothing more. Nothing less. Pitt aging gracefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"