THE CINEMA LOUNGE

*Flashes back to '07-'08*

180731bddfff4347896a3ccd11b32bf7.jpg
It dramatically affected my TV loves more than my movies, but I do wonder if it happens again soon, which big budget blockbuster will be the Quantum of Solace of this writer's strike era - the sacrificial one that the actors and director just write themselves and hope for the best because they're on a timetable lol. Gotta be a Marvel one I'd reckon. :hehe:

It dramatically affected my TV loves more than my movies, but I do wonder if it happens again soon, which big budget blockbuster will be the Quantum of Solace of this writer's strike era - the sacrificial one that the actors and director just write themselves and hope for the best because they're on a timetable lol. Gotta be a Marvel one I'd reckon. :hehe:
RIP Thunderbolts :o

I don't believe K.E.V.I.N. is part of the union. :o

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen totally would have been seen as a pinnacle of sci-fi action movies if not for that damn strike.

I volunteer to write Secret Wars.

No, I have no credentials.
And Jeff Loveness does? Ha! You're hired, welcome aboard!

Seriously? It sucked so bad the last time. A lot of good shows died. :(
Heroes was the most notorious of them even though it survived another couple of years afterwards and the second season didn't exactly start off on solid ground before the strike happened anyway.

Heroes was the most notorious of them even though it survived another couple of years afterwards and the second season didn't exactly start off on solid ground before the strike happened anyway.
I loved that show and it was never the same after. :( I watch too many good shows right now to want that to happen to any of them.

I loved that show and it was never the same after. :( I watch too many good shows right now to want that to happen to any of them.
Given a lot of high profile shows take longer breaks between seasons now (House of the Dragon, The Mandalorian, Stranger Things, etc.) if there was another strike I could see it affecting blockbusters more, particularly Marvel Studios.

Given a lot of high profile shows take longer breaks between seasons now (House of the Dragon, The Mandalorian, Stranger Things, etc.) if there was another strike I could see it affecting blockbusters more, particularly Marvel Studios.
Big breaks are bad. I thought Carnival Row and Perry Mason had been canceled but they weren't.

In the pod they said movies should be fine for the most part because of the backlog of scripts plus you can get movies internationally, but with American tv, there's a lot of original scripted dramas that might get canned... which would mean we would get way more reality tv just like last time.

In the pod they said movies should be fine for the most part because of the backlog of scripts plus you can get movies internationally, but with American tv, there's a lot of original scripted dramas that might get canned... which would mean we would get way more reality tv just like last time.
Not a fan of reality TV.:( I suppose it would let me catch up on the backlog of content I have right now.

Zaslav is foaming at the mouth for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"