THE CINEMA LOUNGE

I honestly didn't know she was in anything else besides Gone Girl.

Force Majeure

After the masterful 'Triangle of Sadness'..I had to revisit this one. It plays way better now. Ostlund truly is a modern master. I laughed so much when the ''incident'' happens, it just plays. What a great balance of drama and comedy.

I wonder why he picked her? Honestly have no idea what to expect from this.

i had to google who randolph is :/

Probably but I'm expecting the strike to happen. Most of the IP movies and shows will probably suffer the most, but we're living in a time where we have a sh**load of scripted shows and movies which wasn't the case in 07. I was listening to The Town pod and even they say the consumers probably won't feel the effect until much later because of how much content is out there. And even by then if the strike does happen, it won't happen for that long.

I wonder if the still trickling backlog of stuff from the last few years possibly plays a role in the studios thinking they can hold out for longer in an attempt gain leverage. Hope they don't and we can just get along with this. The risk of all the crap they'll continue to put out isn't worth it considering the state the whole industry is in right now while it tries to recover.

Last edited:
I wonder if the still trickling baglog of stuff from the last few years possibly plays a role in the studios thinking they can hold out for longer in an attempt gain leverage. Hope they don't and we can just get along with this. The risk of all the crap they'll continue to put out isn't worth it considering the state the whole industry is in right now while it tries to recover.
I just hope it's not a case of them holding profits over people. So easy to forget the minions who do the actual work.

Probably but I'm expecting the strike to happen. Most of the IP movies and shows will probably suffer the most, but we're living in a time where we have a sh**load of scripted shows and movies which wasn't the case in 07. I was listening to The Town pod and even they say the consumers probably won't feel the effect until much later because of how much content is out there. And even by then if the strike does happen, it won't happen for that long.
Huh, I didn't even think of that. While reality TV is still very much a thing, it definitely felt like we were drowning in it back then compared to scripted shows. Kinda feels like the opposite now.

Yeah and in all honestly, I do hate that we have too many shows out there all vying for our attention. So if the strike happens, having fewer shows out there for a while is kind of a good thing (except for industry workers). I can finally catch up on other stuff I've been meaning to check out.

I couldnt find my criterion thread, so recent purchases.

X6jtLJ1.jpg

01qWMzk.jpg

Yeah and in all honestly, I do hate that we have too many shows out there all vying for our attention. So if the strike happens, having fewer shows out there for a while is kind of a good thing (except for industry workers). I can finally catch up on other stuff I've been meaning to check out.

Lizzy Caplan in that Fatal Attraction series. Yup.

i'd finally have a chance to catch up on something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"