THE CINEMA LOUNGE

godfather-the-godfather.gif

Edit- I looked up the baby mamma to be and all I gotta say :.

giphy-6.gif

I mean she was like a year old when he was doing this in Heat, so yeah... :o

611cbf4fd11fc10aca5613408daf36e89e9d04b1.gifv

I remember in the 80's there was this Mexican movie "La Chica de la Mochila Azul" it was the tale of a first love between a boy and the title girl with a blue backpack. Anyways, the girl gets sick and frigging dies.

Years later we get blessed internationally in the 90's with "My Girl" where its the turn of the boy to get stung and ded.

Of course we all know how in the 2000's a new generation went to see a whimsical fantasy film in the vein of the Narnia movies but instead they get to see the "Bridge to Therabitia" snap off and drop the girl to her death.

I believe therefore that this new generation needs to have a little endearing film where it's the turn of the boy to die. It's their rite of passage and we can't deny it to them.

Also, It's so weird that we never got a sequel to Pacific Rim.

In regards to your spoiler, the 2010s got Prim from Hunger Games too, so they owe us 2…

For anyone wanting to know why sometimes you get a slipcover for a movie and sometimes you don't.

Unless it's some sort of high quality special edition from, let's say, Vinegar Syndrome or Scream Factory, I really don't want or need slip covers. Almost never been a selling point when collecting movies. If a movie comes with one, OK, but I don't go out of my way looking for them. Might be able to even squeeze another disc onto some shelves if I didn't have slip covers in the way.

Steelbooks and Media Books on the other hand, like those.

I don't even keep my discs in the original packaging at all.

I've been obsessive about keeping my Blu-rays/4Ks in the slipcovers unless it's a steelbook. It all goes back to this specific release:

s-l1600.jpg

I couldn't toss that slip away so if that one stayed then they all stay.

I know these are for tv shows but they're still stars...

So apparently Disney has moved on from censoring kids movies and is now targeting the classics that had the misfortune of falling into their hands thanks to Fox buyout, starting with making the racist cops in The French Connection less racist... :dry:

What’s the point of censoring now when they have parental settings?

I've been obsessive about keeping my Blu-rays/4Ks in the slipcovers unless it's a steelbook. It all goes back to this specific release:

s-l1600.jpg

I couldn't toss that slip away so if that one stayed then they all stay.
I can’t throw them away but I almost prefer that all films did them or not at all.

So apparently Disney has moved on from censoring kids movies and is now targeting the classics that had the misfortune of falling into their hands thanks to Fox buyout, starting with making the racist cops in The French Connection less racist... :dry:
I mean, I get it. Kids LOVE that movie. In fact, I was just at my friend's kid's 3rd birthday party over the weekend and the theme of it was Gene Hackman. :o

The Dreamers

First rewatch in over 10 years or so. Leo Dicaprio was originally going to play the lead, Eva Green hasnt aged. What a time capsule for her in a way, she is the sexiest most beautiful woman in the world in this flick. This is still one of the most beautiful/disturbing films I've ever seen, but one can't look away.

the-dreamers.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"