THE CINEMA LOUNGE

Just got back from a great Father's Day present. My wife got us tickets to see RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK at the movie tavern. I hadn't seen it in the theater for 43 years. Still one of the best movies ever.

It's a weird coincidence that both of these movies came out within months of each other.

5b390d396a66ebc7b7cce6933695c9fb4c916d13.gif

30ed2f128c178e131977390fe279b3b7789ce521.gif

Just got back from a great Father's Day present. My wife got us tickets to see RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK at the movie tavern. I hadn't seen it in the theater for 43 years. Still one of the best movies ever.
I saw it in theaters when it had a special IMAX rerelease for what I think was the 30th anniversary. The part where they open the Ark was really something to experience on a big screen with surround sound.

Letterboxd has added a new feature for patrons to now have multiple options for backdrops on profiles and profile pics for directors and actors...

Naturally, I had to change Nic Cage to something... cooler.

Untitled.png

This post is about an episode of a TV series but it has a connection to movies. Season 3 Episode 6 of the series ROUTE 66 (Lizard's Leg and Owlet's Wing) guest stars Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, and Peter Lorre. The 3 horror stars play themselves as they meet at a Chicago hotel to see if their old time makeup is still scary. This comical episode of the early 60's show has them dressing up and scaring the women at the hotel who are there for a secretaries convention. For fans of the classic Universal horror creatures movies, this episode is the last time you will see Karloff in his iconic Frankenstein's monster makeup, the last time Chaney is in his Wolfman makeup, and Chaney Jr also appears in his father's Hunchback of Notre Dame makeup. A running gag is of women being frightened and fainting at the sight of Lorre without any makeup on and him being exasperated by that.

Chinatown is 50 years old.

Info on 4K release:

Finally started season 2 of white lotus. Simona Tabasco!

WW can definitely be Italian. Sweet Lawd.

Dua Lipa by way of Italy.

Lawd! That Sean Penn taxi cab confessions movie with Dakota Johnson looks awful.

In a violent nature

I’m in awe of how simple this is, but still bloody brilliant. All them kills are brutal. I also like how the director doesn’t shy away from the influences on this, he instead wears it in pride. One of the best flicks of the year for me.

4af79196-51a8-403b-b07e-62620a190235-1706373131392.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"