The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 3

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by Thread Manager, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]513761[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]513159[/split]

3. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Can we just talk about how good the CGI on young Tony was?

I feel like that isnt spoke about enough lol.

4. Supernova Registered

@javonstokes, bucky did say himself there were other winter soldiers so for a group like hydra anyone could have been given the task to do assasinations.

5. javonstokess Registered

The CGI on the whole was top notch.

6. javonstokess Registered

He also showed that the other super soldiers were uncontrollable, hence why they only used Bucky..

7. Supernova Registered

That shot was like how robert looked in back to school with dangerfield and it was seamless. That technology has come a long way since xmen the last stand.

8. Supernova Registered

True but still the film made cap look like a villian once he still wanted to protect bucky. Any rational person Would have stepped aside and let tony have some fun.

9. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I actually wasn't blown away by that. I thought it looked pretty questionable, my girlfriend agreed and looked at me during that scene and said, "I don't like this".
    But then once it was revealed that it was a computer simulation capped off perfectly with the "BARF" joke, we were both on board.

10. MadVillainy C'mon Son

It was a first time in a movie where i was just thinking "Stop the movie. Tell me how they did that."

Escpecially since RDJ's face has changed so much when he was young imo.

They did a good job with Douglas in Ant-Man but Douglas more or less looks the same

11. ctsketch Registered

Maybe Some of you needed a rewatch but I caught it my fist viewing

TONY: "Did you know?"
    Cap: "I didn't know it was him" (meaning he knew about the assassination but didn't know Bucky did it)
    Tony: "but did you know?" (I don't care if you knew who, did you know my parent's were assassinated)
    Cap: "I knew"

12. javonstokess Registered

I think that's an exaggeration.

Cap feels responsible for Bucky. He also believed Bucky when he told him that he was innocent. Tie that into the fact that literally everyone was out for Bucky's blood with no real intention on finding out if it was actually Bucky who did anything.

Throw in that Cap doesn't trust the government (which goes all the way back to The Avengers with SHIELD developing cube-based hydra weapons) and you can see why Cap would want to protect his friend.

Like he said in the movie, when he sees a situation going wrong he can't help but do the right thing. Protecting his friend was the right thing, it just wasn't the easy thing.

13. javonstokess Registered

Thanks. I think Cap knew, he just didn't want to believe.

14. ctsketch Registered

What?! That's not rationL, that's sociopathic? Let someone murder your friend? He wasn't going to arrest bucky at that point..he probably would have killed him

15. ParkerPeter Registered

My bad re: Cap knowing about Bucky killing Tony's parents then.

I haven't seen it for two years :D

CG was ok mostly but Tony's suit looked rubbish everytime it was in daylight. You could tell he wasn't wearing anything when they shot it.

I guess it's the first time we've seen him without a helmet in a CG suit, so maybe that made a difference?

16. AlluAllu Registered

It could also be argued that Cap did no wrong when he didn't tell Tony about his parents. The person who did it, The Winter Soldier, no longer exists. There's only Bucky, who looks like him.

I personally don't share that viewpoint, but if people can accept Ben Kenobi's "Darth Vader killed your father"... :woot:

Another thing: Do you think it is possible, that the Winter Soldier chose to crash the car in front of a camera? Hydra did want a mission report and what's better than footage? Only thing that doesn't fit is that WS shot the camera. Someone no-prize this. :woot:

17. javonstokess Registered

Almost anytime you see him with just his face/head showing, in previous movies since The Avengers, it's been a CGI body.

18. ParkerPeter Registered

I caught that scene, just didn't remember the scene from TWS.

Tony going nuts at Cap over that seems a little far-fetched.

19. Supernova Registered

Street justice lol

20. javonstokess Registered

Could be he didn't see the camera until the last minute. Or maybe he didn't care.

21. ParkerPeter Registered

Yeah but I'm pretty sure since The Avengers, when you see his face with the body, he's had the helmet on, sans faceplate.

This is the first time you see his head with nothing around it. He looks like he was wearing nothing but a mo cap suit, so he moves too freely.

Also whatever finish they've given his CW suit doesn't look as real as the previous ones.

#21 ParkerPeter, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  22. marshal99 Registered

He knew that Hydra killed stark's parents , he didn't know it was bucky until he saw the tape.
    As steve wrote in his letter to tony at the end , he said that he was sorry, that he was selfish in not telling tony about his parent's murder. He thought he was protecting tony when he was just protecting himself.

23. ctsketch Registered

In IM2 he was helmet free.In the Donut

24. Supernova Registered

Yeah in this film and age of ultron the suits looked real cheap which is odd considering how real they looked in IM1

25. javonstokess Registered

Not sure he was going nuts at Cap. He clearly wanted to get Bucky and Cap kept trying to stop him. It was essentially Cap trying to stop Tony and Tony trying to keep Cap off him until the end when they finally just had it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.