Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Zemo did well what Zemo normally does in comics:

Hide in the shadows and pull the strings of everyone from there.

Only real difference is he didn't wear a mask/costume and wasn't a legacy.

I'm slightly disappointed that there isn't a dr strange end credit tease

Regarding Zemo, I think he is a good villain. Better than most Marvel villains. I understood his motivation. He got things done while doing it all alone. And he succeeded. In the last scene with BP, I felt sorry for him too.

Yes, it's not often the hero catches up to the villain at the end of a film just to prevent him from killing himself.

I know right. I love how they ended that.

Mucho kudos to the writers.

Eh, I loved Spider-Man in the movie, but frankly, I've seen 5 Spider-Man movies already.

I've been waiting for a Black Panther movie my whole life.

I get where you're coming from, but imo only one of those movies was truly great and none of them fully captured the essence of Peter Parker and Spider-Man.

This won't be an origin story either, and obviously will be a fresh experience all around.

It's just as well Black Panther has taken this long to come to fruition, I doubt we could have expected as great a film as we will get ten years ago.

Yes, it's not often the hero catches up to the villain at the end of a film just to prevent him from killing himself.

Being as he was ready to off himself before being imprisoned I wonder what will become of him in the future, and if we will ever get something similar to the comics. Just can't understand why they waste a name when they are creating a new character.

The Raft was amazing, I was hoping for a nod to Blonsky, maybe just heavy pounding from a lower cell.

I am seeing it for the 4th time tomorrow and I can barely wait.... Yes, it is that good!

We've had 5 Spider-Man movies, yes. But we've never had THIS Spider-Man. He's that much different from Garfield and Toby. It's the fresh start Sony needed, this was the best move they could have ever made.

The opnly difference with this Spidey is this is the one that Stan and Ditko kinda envisioned in their first few issues. The kid is literally a kid, not like a college student, nor a senior in high school that is technically an adult.

But then why was zemo so obsessed with finding out about 1991 and how did he get that footage of starks parents death? The only thing he cracked was getting the book of mind controlling Bucky. At first 1991 was about the winter soldier serum and I guess zemo lucked out conviently in getting the stark footage? But alot of luck played into zemos plan then.

Thats like planning to rob a liqour store and finding gold bars laying around in the back.

I think you got it backwards. The way I understood it, the video footage was always Zemo's goal. I agree that he was conveniently lucky, but the other winter soldiers was the lucky part.

Once again, not made they are making a Spider-Man movie. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of BP.

They literally pushed BP's movie back for Spider-Man. Now they I've seen how awesome they got him, it just annoys me a bit.

Once again, not made they are making a Spider-Man movie. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of BP.

They literally pushed BP's movie back for Spider-Man. Now they I've seen how awesome they got him, it just annoys me a bit.

It annoyed me too at the time, but since they originally pushed it back they pushed the film back up. As it stands right now Black Panther is only coming out 3 months later than it's original release date.

The dialogue during the fight did remind me of Brian Bendis a little.

IM2 was the last time they had a physical armor. It's probably cheaper to do a CGI body instead of constantly creating tangible new armors.

Not true. Look at IM3 bts. He had a practical suit for some of that

Look at it this way. More time to construct BP's own movie.

I was pretty surprised by how much Scott Lang stole the moments he was in for me. Not only the Giant Man bit (which was wonderful and amazing) but just his lines. "I thought that was a water truck!" I was cracking up. I also can't say enough good things about Spidey. In 5 of his own movies, the character was NEVER nailed the way he is here. Really looking forward to his movie, and the Black Panther's.

Loved Ant-Man. Who knew Paul Rudd would be this effective a super-hero? lol

I was pretty surprised by how much Scott Lang stole the moments he was in for me. Not only the Giant Man bit (which was wonderful and amazing) but just his lines. "I thought that was a water truck!" I was cracking up. I also can't say enough good things about Spidey. In 5 of his own movies, the character was NEVER nailed the way he is here. Really looking forward to his movie, and the Black Panther's.

I loved his performance. Kinda like a grown up arrested development Spider-man in a way. His character was a lot of fun. I'm really interested to see how they handle him in Ant-man & the Wasp, especially given his status at the end of the movie.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Civil War was a miracle in the same way that the first Avengers was. This is lightning in a bottle all over again.

As a major Hawkeye fan.. I was thrilled.

In very limited screen time, we finally got Clint Barton. Wise-ass, sarcastic, heart of gold, and not afraid to stand up to the big boys. No filter on his mouth at all.

Actually makes me mad his scene for Winter Solider didn't work out because that was amazing.

I really want to see Hawkeye with some large screen time under the Russo's because he was just so perfectly written.

Clint turning down Natasha's request to sign, but coming out of retirement because he found out they had "imprisoned" Wanda is Clint Barton 101. Heart of Gold,

"I retire for 5 minutes and everything goes to ****." LOL

Oh, and the way Hawkeye owned Iron Man? Incredible.

Agreed. It took some time, but Marvel Studios and Renner have finally "gotten" Hawkeye.

The airport battle has to be my favorite MCU sequence the Battle of NY in the first Avengers, and probably my favorite Tony Stark line of all time:

"Ok. Anybody on our side hiding any shocking, or fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestion."

That killed at our show last night. :lmao:

The airport battle has to be my favorite MCU sequence the Battle of NY in the first Avengers, and probably my favorite Tony Stark line of all time:

"Ok. Anybody on our side hiding any shocking, or fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestion."

Same.
This movie had so many moments that absolutely destroyed. I can't even count how many times my audience erupted in laughter and applause. This is the most I've ever seen an audience react since the first Avengers. Again, this is lightning in a bottle all over again.

As a major Hawkeye fan.. I was thrilled.

In very limited screen time, we finally got Clint Barton. Wise-ass, sarcastic, heart of gold, and not afraid to stand up to the big boys. No filter on his mouth at all.

Actually makes me mad his scene for Winter Solider didn't work out because that was amazing.

I really want to see Hawkeye with some large screen time under the Russo's because he was just so perfectly written.

Clint turning down Natasha's request to sign, but coming out of retirement because he found out they had "imprisoned" Wanda is Clint Barton 101. Heart of Gold,

"I retire for 5 minutes and everything goes to ****." LOL

Oh, and the way Hawkeye owned Iron Man? Incredible.

I think Renner mentioned being open to a Netflix series or something like that recently. Seeing the closing scenes of Civil War and the status of half the Avengers I would love to see a Renner led Thunderbolts movie or Netflix series.

Give me back my Rhodey!

I LMAO at the little sequence where cap/buck/sam pull up To agent 13 in the beetle til they drove away with there weapons. Buck asking sam to scoot his chair up and them smiling and nodding after cap Kissed agent carter. This film and tws had the kind of laughs and quips I like in comic films. Where as joss just went way overboard in avengers 1 and 2 and most werent even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"