Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 4

There is another Captain in town~~

13319978_1591347681195793_6544631816992087902_n.jpg

Anyone else notice that arguably the most powerful Avenger at the airport fight--Vision--isn't on screen for a bit? There's quite a gap in the fighting between when they march on one another and when he appears again.

He was just floating and watching. The only time you notice him is when Ant-Man goes Giant-Man and he's floating there beside him.

Anyone else notice that arguably the most powerful Avenger at the airport fight--Vision--isn't on screen for a bit? There's quite a gap in the fighting between when they march on one another and when he appears again.

That's the reason he wasn't getting too involved. It would be the same if Thor had been there. He's not going to start going all out on the likes of Black Widow or Hawkeye.

He doesn't have to go "all out" but to do nothing? It doesn't break the scene, but still...

He doesn't have to go "all out" but to do nothing? It doesn't break the scene, but still...

He ruined the tarmac, destroyed a tower and paralyzed Rhodey. He does enough. Any more and they'd probably all be dead or left in a crater where Berlin used to be. :o

Yeah, the one time Vision lets loose one beam finishes off War Machine, one of the better armoured characters there. Most of them couldn't have taken that. If he goes intangible and appears in any of them them they are gone too. It's like having a gun in a domestic. You can't shoot anyone so if the other person wants to fight regardless of the threat the gun becomes something to hit them with and otherwise not a very useful weapon.

Vision was there to try and coerce Cap and his side to quit, not fight. He basically was using his powers as an attempt to get them to chill. He only moved ahead with trying to stop Falcon when Rhodey brought it up.

Nobody wanted to fight. I'm saying it would be a bit better if the filmmakers had a shot of him earlier in the fight then when they showed, whether it was him looking indecisive, trying to grab Hawkeye and fly him away from the battlefield or even seeing Wanda temporarily take him down. About the third time I watched the battle I was like ""Okay, we've seen everyone fighting. What has Vision been doing in the last 5-10 minutes?"

This has bothered me since first seeing the movie. In the beginning Cap says there are seven hostiles. Falcon takes down three and says five left. What?

This has bothered me since first seeing the movie. In the beginning Cap says there are seven hostiles. Falcon takes down three and says five left. What?

100% yes. So Falcon cant Count? :oldrazz:

I looked around and apparentally the third is one of those first two, who got up for more. But it was cut confusingly.

But I do find it endearing that either Cap or Falcon miscalculated in the moment. :D

Falcon's thoughts: I'm an avenger now, got to say something cool...
Falcon: I made five.
Falcon's thoughts: Oh ####, I meant four! Did Wanda notice?

Ultimately it's probably just a continuity error in the script. If I had to come up with an in world explanation though, I'd say that there may have been another hostile up on that walkway that Cap didn't see on his initial approach.

After seeing the trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, I really want to re-watch Captain America: Civil War again.

Three things about Ant-Man in this movie make me laugh:

1. When Scott Lang shakes hands with Steve, it's like the actor is a Cap fanboy, and they made him as happy as Clark Gregg was in Avengers 1.

2. Giant-Man taken down by Spider-Man. In the 2007 movie "Knocked Up", his character went to watch Spider-Man 3.

3. Scott Lang in a cell talking angrily at Tony Stark and Tony asks who he is again to move on. Scott Worked for Stark in the comics before Obidiah Stane took over Stark Industries.

[YT]OeRePDOMtTQ[/YT]

Lost me defending Ross presentation.that was the most agenda driven disingenuous presentation I've ever seen in a non political piece that wasn't called out. All it proved is the Govt and Tony needs over site and just a little looking into would reveal millions of people would have died both in the NY and DC incident if the Avengers/Cap had been towing the Govt line.

Nobody wanted to fight. I'm saying it would be a bit better if the filmmakers had a shot of him earlier in the fight then when they showed, whether it was him looking indecisive, trying to grab Hawkeye and fly him away from the battlefield or even seeing Wanda temporarily take him down. About the third time I watched the battle I was like ""Okay, we've seen everyone fighting. What has Vision been doing in the last 5-10 minutes?"

Totally noticed Vision's absence, Hawkeye fights Widow, then Black Panther, Cap fights Panther and Rhodey, then Spidey, Panther fights Cap, then Bucky then Hawkeye, even Scarlet Witch is throwing stuff around......but Vision is conspicuously absent, he just floats around until he stops that bus from hitting Black Panther.

A single line of dialogue Tony "Vision, you hang back, just in case things get out of hand" and problem solved.

I love airport sequence, so this is a nitpick.

Lost me defending Ross presentation.that was the most agenda driven disingenuous presentation I've ever seen in a non political piece that wasn't called out. All it proved is the Govt and Tony needs over site and just a little looking into would reveal millions of people would have died both in the NY and DC incident if the Avengers/Cap had been towing the Govt line.

Yeah, the presentation seems damning.....until you add the words "...when you were saving the world." to the end of each sentence.

What makes this scene work is the Avengers' various reactions. Rhodey just wants to follow orders, Tony is wracked by guilt over creating Ultron and Cap is spot on with a not too subtle shot at the UN (and its useless security council, which is totally dominated by agendas).

Yeah, the presentation seems damning.....until you add the words "...when you were saving the world." to the end of each sentence.

What makes this scene work is the Avengers' various reactions. Rhodey just wants to follow orders, Tony is wracked by guilt over creating Ultron and Cap is spot on with a not too subtle shot at the UN (and its useless security council, which is totally dominated by agendas).

The words were just tacked on and meaningless and the issues of shield and security council and the the general untrustworthiness of the Govt in the MCU should have been at least brought up. The presentation couldhave easily been turned on its head to validate cap's side IMO.

The scene does not work for me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"