The Civil War Thread: Paddington was with Cassandra's Mom in Peru when She Died

The trailer was fine but I'm really bummed that they're not going with the "Deadpool & Friend" title. Cowards. :o
It looks like they got both sequel titles wrong. Untitled sequel and "& Friend" were so obviously the correct way to go for Deadpool sequels, major fail. :csad:

I enjoyed the Deadpool teaser. It did what it should by mostly just reminding us of Deadpool as a character, give a small glimpse of how the story is set up, and then hint towards a bunch of fan service spectacle that I think can work well with the irreverent Deadpool style.

While nothing mindblowing was even attempted it actually did awaken my superhero interest enough that I'm now actively looking forward to this, and it's been a while since I did that for a superhero movie. A good palate cleanser while Marvel is trying avoid a train crash and DC mostly feels dead.

Last edited:
Deadpool looks fine, I agree with Sword for the most part on it.

All I'm really interested in seeing from Wolverine is basically just prime Hugh Jackman Wolverine dropping like 30 bodies in a berserker rage with Rated R gore.

So I'll watch that scene on Youtube like 6 months after the movie comes out. That's about it.

I’m happy that the first trailer didn’t go too crazy and give away a whole lot, while keeping things in line with the existing films (no huge Disneyfication of Deadpool on show so far as feared when this was announced). I imagine the next trailer will unveil more of the goods to give casuals/fatigued CBM fans a hook to dive back in.
Yup, I'm in the same boat. People need to keep in mind so much of this film has been spoiled by set pics and I'd imagine Shawn levy and disney trying to reign in as many surprises that they have left, and according to some, big surprises. This was the very definition of a teaser, and I think people have forgotten what those are like. The next one will blow peoples socks off I'm sure.

A small rant, but I gotta say as someone who is a film buff and "nerd" if you will, Im getting tired of film bros on Twitter and stuff crapping on every new MCU project before even watching it. Especially when these people will still defend Zack Snyders crappy take on Superman simply because "it looks nice". Don't get me wrong, for years I've felt like the MCU has lacked that artists vision because it's essentially a machine at this point, but I don't think it's fair to be like "wow this looks terrible". I mean, to say this looks terrible based off of a teaser? Come on. Just seems like these days "fun" is considered bad or uninspired, which I think is BS, which I'm noticing more and more with new film releases, not just the MCU. It reminds me when John Wick 4 released last year, and one of those pretenious accounts, who happen to have successful youtube channel, had heard about the praise for the film and was surprised because they thought it was just gonna be "more of the same". Ironically, he just called Deadpool 3 slop. My point is not EVERY movie needs to be Dune, which is a film I love (though, BR2049 is easily Dennis masterpiece imo).

sorry for the ramble. It just seems hypocritical to me that the people who are so in favor of artistic visions not only completely ignore the quality of writing if the film has a nice set dressing, but write something off based on 2 minutes and 30 seconds of carefully put together footage.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I was more excited to see Pyro than anything else in that trailer. To me he was always one of the more interesting characters in the original movies, and I'm not just saying that because they gave him more to do than Cyclops in X2 and The Last Stand. :o

Deadpool & Wolverine looks like it's gonna be fun. It's Deadpool and it's same stuff we have seen from the prior 2 films. Which I am more than okay with. All I want is a good time from it.

Deadpool & Wolverine looks like it's gonna be fun. It's Deadpool and it's same stuff we have seen from the prior 2 films. Which I am more than okay with. All I want is a good time from it.
I'd had my fill by DP2 but it's been a good gap now and the teaser has done enough to get me interested again. I'm fine with more of what we got before (without going over the top), but I guess the next trailer is going to hint much more strongly at all the multiverse stuff.

Put me in the "looking forward to this" camp too :dpf:

It's funny, I wasn't the biggest fan of the first two Deadpool movies, and I've gone on record here as saying that I often find Ryan Reynolds to be the human equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. However, I'm genuinely excited for Deadpool 3 now. Good job, Disney & Ryan :oldrazz:

It looks like the film will have some cute cameos from the Fox-Men Universe so I'll approach this just as a fun Multiverse story that doesn't negate Hugh's epic sendoff in Logan.

Having said all that, I hope the entire film isn't just played for laughs. I wanna see some bone-crunching action from two of Marvel's more hardcore characters...

DEADPOOL-1.jpg

So back to my rant from earlier, THIS is the type of things I'm talking about. why is it so bad that something just looks cool?

They probably just think it isn't cool lol I mean, that's been done plenty times before so it's kinda tired as a gun-fu style bit

Same here. I just want to have a good time with something I don't need to take too seriously about what it got right or wrong.

The way he responsed to the question he seemed unsure about whether it was public knowledge or not...it was not lol.
Which is on brand for Ruffalo. But to be fair, given who else is in that movie there's no way that he wasn't going to be in it. There's absolutely no reason to keep Hulk also being in a movie with Betty Ross, Thunderbolt Ross and the Leader a secret. It's not a Tobey Maguire/Andrew Garfield "will he or won't he" situation. Ain't no way you could have that movie without Banner. The fact that it's a Captain America movie is a whole 'nother story. :o

davonne-rogers-pretends-to-be-shocked.jpg

A new clip from Madame Web. I wanted to give it a genuine try, but the editing (as per usual with promotional clips) on the first half is so funny it's entirely impossible to take seriously. Dakota keeps teleporting in the car and she does not react to the car dropping. The second half of the clip is giving me the most profound flashbacks to Halle Berry's Catwoman I've had in two decades. I do want to see this :funny:

Which is on brand for Ruffalo. But to be fair, given who else is in that movie there's no way that he wasn't going to be in it. There's absolutely no reason to keep Hulk also being in a movie with Betty Ross, Thunderbolt Ross and the Leader a secret. It's not a Tobey Maguire/Andrew Garfield "will he or won't he" situation. Ain't no way you could have that movie without Banner. The fact that it's a Captain America movie is a whole 'nother story. :o
True, I guess in this situation it was a bit weird they would hide it. You're gonna annouce 3 Hulk characters in a movie, 2 of which are his top enemies but not Hulk himself? With Thor: Ragnarok, a movie you wouldn't even expect Hulk to appear in, they announced Mark was in it almost a year before they even filmed. So I guess for me it seemed like there was probably no reason to hide his inclusion, so he probably wasn't going to be in it.

....unless of course, he wasn't originally supposed to be in it and is only in it now due to all the rewrites/reshoots that movie is undergoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"