The Conners - Roseanne Without Roseanne

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Decided to make a new thread for this series. I actually want this to be renewed cause it's a nice sitcom and I like the cast. Darlene and Ben have kinda made me realize that I didn't like her and David together which I thought I would never say. And I love John Goodman but I didn't quite buy Katie Segal's character wanting him in that way, but I loved their chemistry. Wackie Jackie is still there, but she has more backbone now that Roseanne is no longer breaking her self esteem down.

I do hope we get more of Katey Segal in the future. For one, didn't expect her, but liked her talks with Dan. And I'm enjoying Jackie and Matthew Broderick's storyline more than I expected it to be, mostly with how odd Broderick's character is and Jackie figuring out this relationship.

So happy Matthew Broderick is gone. I never liked the character and I think that's why he played him in such an annoying way. Jackie's breakdown at The Lunchbox (now Chinese Restaurant) was sad to see. I think we all know that breakdown was more about Roseanne. As soon as David showed up, I knew Darlene was going to stay, and I pray to Xenu that TPTB don't create a Ben/Darlene/David love triangle.

If there's a next season, I hope we get more time with DJ's family, and maybe confirmation if Jackie's entire relationship with Fred was retconned out of the show (what happened to her house?). And I'm horrible person, but I'm betting Becky is going to have that battle with alcoholism moment and just stares at a beer and questions whether or not she should drink it.

I was a bit surprised at the very end when
the family was sitting around the table all calm as if the father of Becky's baby wasn't just deported to Mexico. Becky was just hanging out like nothing was wrong. They sure got over that crisis quickly!

And yeah, DJ is being very underused. We know next to nothing about him, his wife or his kids.

That is true from the original run of Roseanne too.
The main focus was almost always on Dan and Roseanne, Becky and Darlene or one of those four with Jackie or David.

I enjoyed this show more than I did the last few seasons of Roseanne, I’ve always preferred all the other Conners more than I did Roseanne herself.

And they said it wouldn't happen. I feel like this is also ABC kinda giving a middle finger.

My only issue with the show is these people cannot catch a break, and I know firsthand how that felt growing up in a working class family. But I want to see some fortune for the Conners in the future.

I don’t watch this or the reboot can someone explain how they wrote Roseanne out of the show

I don’t watch this or the reboot can someone explain how they wrote Roseanne out of the show
Roseanne was battling with an opiod addiction in the reboot season and succumbed to it in the spinoff.

Has this been doing well in the ratings? I know when Roseanne came back it was breaking all sorts of records but I haven’t heard much about this spinoff in terms of how it did beyond that first episode without Roseanne.

Has this been doing well in the ratings? I know when Roseanne came back it was breaking all sorts of records but I haven’t heard much about this spinoff in terms of how it did beyond that first episode without Roseanne.
Nah. The ratings for the spinoff were around 7-8 million (the premiere did 10) while Roseanne's was above 10 million.

Well, The Connors can't really afford to be buying Apple gear can they?

The internet is forever. :o

Roseanne makes the comment yet it's Sara's fault for her getting herself (and only herself) kicked off the show, which they resumed without her.

That's some kind of logic there.

Probably more of a loyalty thing. It was Roseanne’s show and she discovered Gilbert as a little girl. I assume she feels betrayed that Gilbert turned her back on her immediately. John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf were a little more quiet in that regard.

Well she also has that Talk show and with how liberal she is on there she couldn't in good faith do that.

Roseanne has no one to blame but herself. No one made her go on and make racist comments and Gilbert had every right to denounce them since it affected her and everyone else's livelyhood on that show.

So has anyone been watching this season. I like the idea of Jackie and Becky reopening the Lunch Box. Not so happy that they broke up Darlene and Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"