The Cornetto Trilogy - The Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Mandon Knight, Aug 12, 2018.

?

Which Cornetto Trilogy Film is your fave ?

1. Shaun of the Dead

2. Hot Fuzz

3. The World's End

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Let's all Marvel in their achievement

Which of the 3 films is your favourite, why is that the case and what's your overall ranking ?

2. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

Hot Fuzz might be my favorite just because I thought it was the funniest. The World's End was alright, but it's been well over ten years since I watched Shaun, so I really should check that one out again before doing a proper ranking.

3. David H.

David H. Well-Known Member

World’s End #1.

4. MadderMaximus

MadderMaximus Graveslinger

Hot Fuzz. As a horror fan, I would think Shaun of the Dead, but nope. Hot Fuzz is just too darn good.

World's End was good, but didn't enjoy it anywhere as much as the previous two.

5. PrehistoricDog

PrehistoricDog Futurism

Absolutely adore this trilogy.

If I had to rank them it would be:
    Shaun of the Dead/The World's End
    Hot Fuzz

I've seen Shaun of the Dead numerous times and it never gets old. The World's End was a surprisingly saddening and emotionally resonant way to cap off the trilogy.

6. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Hot Fuzz is one of the best action comedies ever made. It is the rarest of things... a flawless movie.

7. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

Hot Fuzz. The World's End kinda gets better the more you watch it though.

8. divan

divan Well-Known Member

01. Hot Fuzz
    02. Shaun of the Dead
    03. The World's End

9. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I’ve only seen parts of World’s End so I can’t really speak on that one. But I absolutely love Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz.

10. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Let's all Marvel in their achievement

I think given my age and the period of focus / era of when the film is set, World's End has 'most effect' on me in terms of what it says, (for self disclosure) I had a dependency issue with alcohol in my 20's, it 'spoke' to me more than the other two films, I got 'more from it' as such, found it more personal to me and actually to those involved too.

The central performances are stronger too, I like the 'reverse' characterisation between Pegg & Frost that happens and I think Frost's performance in particular is really impressive as the 'repressed' dependent for Pegg's Gary King.

One thing that strikes me about the end of the film though, which I wouldn't have done (but can see why it was chosen as the story's conclusion) was to 'separate' the gang, and in particular, Andy and Gary, given they'd worked so hard to get them to re-connect again, to separate them once gain to me seemed to waste the whole point, but I can see why, in that the 'eternal existence to live a new day' which King was looking for was found in the replacement of his new existence.

My ranking would be -

1) World's End
    2) Shaun of the Dead
    3) Hot Fuzz

but frankly, there is very little between any of them.

11. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Just happened to watch Hot Fuzz the other day for the first time in an age, its still great after this time, so quotable still today and with great OTT action to boot along with quirky British humor thrown in, a masterpiece all round.

"You wanna' be a big cop in a small town, **** off up the model village" is still one of the greatest ever lines in cinema history.

The other two were good as well and fully enjoyable but Hot Fuzz just came along at the right time and one of those films I remember being a great experience in the cinema.