The Coronavirus’ Impact On The Film Industry Thread

"Yes...there are far too many studios," replied an anthropomorphized mouse from a dark corner of the room. :o
4BHeS8z.gif

Cruella, The Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast have been the only good live action Disney remakes to date. Others have either been mediocre (The Lion King, Cinderella, Aladdin, Christopher Robin) or bad (Mulan, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland 2). I’ll probably wait for The Little Mermaid to get to Disney+.

Regarding the rest of the films I’ll see in theaters this year: Halloween Kills, Last Night in Soho, Dune, Eternals, Spider-Man, and The Matrix are it. Everything else will be VOD.

Can't really blame him. Being that David Chase doesn't have any other major big screen/wide release film credits to his name, I'm sure he was excited for this and is disappointed that the release of this film will not be as he originally intended. Ironically, this was supposed to be an adaptation of an HBO show that graduated to the movies on the big screen, and now it will be winding up back on HBO anyway for everyone to watch at home.

When people think of "The Sopranos", the immediate thought would be "HBO/TV show". So how do you think most people will choose to watch it now?

"But Feige can make X-men movies now!!!" :o
All hail Lord Feige. :o

But seriously, how much did Fox actually still have going for it when Disney bought them outside of the X-Men franchise which was being carried by Deadpool by the end and the Avatar sequels which feel like they've been delayed for at least the past five years?

But seriously, how much did Fox actually still have going for it when Disney bought them outside of the X-Men franchise which was being carried by Deadpool by the end and the Avatar sequels which feel like they've been delayed for at least the past five years?
Not much. But Bohemian Rhapsody and Greatest Showman did well at the boX office.

Not gonna lie, I was silently waiting for a full on remake of Planet of the Apes with their series.

Hope Disney doesn’t keep that franchise on the shelf.

Not much. But Bohemian Rhapsody and Greatest Showman did well at the boX office.
Yeah but those aren't franchises, even if they are attempting to squeeze out a sequel to Bohemian Rhapsody.
Not gonna lie, I was silently waiting for a full on remake of Planet of the Apes with their series.

Hope Disney doesn’t keep that franchise on the shelf.
I thought I remembered reading that they were going to continue that franchise picking up where War for the Planet of the Apes left off.

Because only franchises matter. Competition matters. Disney already has become extremely creatively lazy because of their box office dominance.

Can't really blame him. Being that David Chase doesn't have any other major big screen/wide release film credits to his name, I'm sure he was excited for this and is disappointed that the release of this film will not be as he originally intended. Ironically, this was supposed to be an adaptation of an HBO show that graduated to the movies on the big screen, and now it will be winding up back on HBO anyway for everyone to watch at home.

When people think of "The Sopranos", the immediate thought would be "HBO/TV show". So how do you think most people will choose to watch it now?

I loved the Sopranos. Easily one of the best shows of all time.
But the fan base is not as big as it guarantees 100 Mio to watch it in cinemas.
Who, outside fans, will watch a movie about a series, that ended 15 years ago and who will watch it, without having seen this series.
How many cinema will show it in months crowded with other blockbusters?

I loved the Sopranos. Easily one of the best shows of all time.
But the fan base is not as big as it guarantees 100 Mio to watch it in cinemas.
Who, outside fans, will watch a movie about a series, that ended 15 years ago and who will watch it, without having seen this series.
How many cinema will show it in months crowded with other blockbusters?

Well then why did they make the movie in the first place?

Why did they make a Downton Abbey movie? I doubt that people watched, who haven’t seen the series

Why did they make a Downton Abbey movie? I doubt that people watched, who haven’t seen the series

It had a budget of $13 million according to Box Office Mojo ($13-20 million according to Wikipedia) and made almost $200 million worldwide

Your statistics doesn’t say something about how many people watched the series, before they paid tickets for the theatrical version
(btw that’s for the respectless gif)
And? When a **** ton of people watched your show, that's why you make the movie? The people who didn't watch the show are irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"