'The Creeper' movie?

they call me "the yellow skinned wacky man"!! but i prefer the creeper.

lol. i'd love to see a creeper movie. but i dont know how they'd do it without batman and joker. and making batman the minor character wouldn't really attract an audience except for people like me...if any.

Only his ANIMATED counterpart has to do with Batman and the Joker, but his comic version deals with the mob and a mad scientist.

Right. Which is lame. He's only really interesting when The Joker is involved (and there have been stories where this happens) and their similarities are explored. Every other time he's just annoying.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this character is interesting without Joker and Batman?

Apparently. I'm sorry, his shtick is so derivative of The Joker it's not funny. Bouncing all over the place with a boa does not an interesting character make. Nor does his method of "transformation" or his oh-so-cliche alter ego as a newsman. I don't mind him as a background character in the DCU, but as a featured character? Not so much. I'd rather see an AMBUSH BUG movie.

Essentially, The Creeper's creator combined Batman and The Joker and thought no one would notice.

I dont think the Creeper is uninteresting without Joker but I thought his origin was way better with the Joker. Steve Niles version was definitly my favorite, which combined the two

The Creeper's just "gimmicky". That's my issue with a film based on the character. There's really not much "pathos" behind the character.

Wheres the pathos for Ash from Evil Dead. Ash just oozes coolness even when hes being a jerk. This could be the same way. Steve Niles version reminded me of Ash (with components of other characters)

Plus I would just like to reiterate my earlier post where the Creeper takes a back seat as an urban legend killing mobsters being investigated by cops. Basically, lots of horror elements with a tragic hero.

Never said Ash had pathos, but the world he's in is a hell of a lot more interesting than "mobsters". And frankly, Ash is Ash. The Creeper doesn't begin to compare.

Plus I would just like to reiterate my earlier post where the Creeper takes a back seat as an urban legend killing mobsters being investigated by cops. Basically, lots of horror elements with a tragic hero.

So...a remake of THE MASK that isn't as funny?

:)

You know what's always bugged me about The Creeper? He doesn't do much creeping.

No, nothing like the Mask at all. I dont even know where u got that.

I mean like Batman 89(especially the beginning) or The Crow if they focus on the cops instead of the hero. The Creeper would be a much more shadowy figure like the slasher in old horror movies (which would lend to him doing more creeping). I think this is the way because I dont think the Creeper can hold people's interests if we followed him for the whole movie. And this is such a different way of doing a superhero movie than usual.

I may have bias cause I love cheap horror movies.

I like that idea, but you gotta have his alternate identity Jack Ryder

I like that idea, but you gotta have his alternate identity Jack Ryder

Definitly but I like him as his Bill Maher-esque version from Steve Niles instead of just some bland reporter. Think Robert Wuhl in Batman89 where he is always bothering the cops and getting hints on the mob and the Creeper. Obviously it would be like a big reveal that he was the Creeper but I'm afraid it might be a little predictable for the average movie-goer so his presence should be limited and add a red herring.

I could see that, I would have it where it doesn't remember anything so he's trying to figure out who the creeper is himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"