šŸ The Cricket Thread

Huge scores in this game. Congrats to Cook on the century.

263 from Cook! England 569-8 in response to Pakistan's 523-8. Surely going to be a draw.

England batting collapse :dry:

Anyone watching the all stars game in America? On one hand it's sad to see these legends fumble through poor deliveries, on the other hand it's ******* serene seeing them play again.

What is that? Who plays in it?

All the legends have gathered to play here in America. Sachin's Blasters and Warne's Warriors composed of such greats as Shoeb Akhtar, Vetori, Sangakara, Kalis, Ponting, Ambrose, Wasim Akram and many more. They've played two T20's over at NY and Houston already. The third match is going on right now on LA.

Congratulations to Temba Bavuma on becoming the first black South African to hit a maiden test century (vs England), will have to watch highlights of it later.

So are we starting a thread for the Cricket World Cup, warm up games start this Friday,and the tournament starts at the end of the month.

Is there another cricket thread? Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve posted much more recently than 2015 lol.

None of you guys watching the World Cup? :confused: :csad:

I've been without Internet access this whole weekend, so I've been unable to stream any of the matches :(

I've been without Internet access this whole weekend, so I've been unable to stream any of the matches :(
Oh damn. Is it on any cable channels you have? When I'm at work I can't watch either so just have the score/scorecards ticking over in the corner of my screen.

Oh damn. Is it on any cable channels you have? When I'm at work I can't watch either so just have the score/scorecards ticking over in the corner of my screen.
Nope, in Argentina if its not football or Rugby then that sport doesn't exist.

Nope, in Argentina if its not football or Rugby then that sport doesn't exist.
Ah damn. Yeah, canā€™t imagine all that much interest in cricket over there. Rugby has grown a lot there since I was a kid though. Theyā€™ve become a good team.

Australia are down to 79-5 against West Indies! This tournament is really unpredictable.

West Indies require another 123 runs in 19.3 overs with 6 wickets left.

England suffering from a proper World Cup hangover. 85 all out against the might Ireland!

Ireland all out for 207 and England back out to bat again! What kind of "Test" match is this? We see the start of the 3rd innings on the first day!

Englandā€™s no.11, supposed to be the weakest batsman, is on 55 not out lol. What an unpredictable match.

He finished on 92. Apparently his highest score of the season for his club so far was 9! :funny:

England finish on 303-9, a lead of 181 with one wicket left. It feels like anything could happen tomorrow.

Ireland were all out for 38! Must be one of the lowest Test scores I've ever seen. So England get the win but certainly don't cover themselves in glory.

Starting lineup for the Ashes:

England XI:
Rory Burns, Jason Roy, Joe Root (capt), Joe Denly, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson.

This is something Iā€™ve always wanted in Test cricket.

Ashes 2019: England & Australia set for first Test at Edgbaston
As well as being a battle for cricket's oldest prize, the next five Tests mark the start of the World Test Championship - a new, two-year, competition introduced by the International Cricket Council in the hope that it will give more context to Test cricket.

In a league of nine teams - India, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies and Bangladesh also feature - each side plays six series, three home and three away over the course of the next two years.

Points are awarded for the results of every Test, with the top two meeting in a final in the UK in 2021.

The points earned for a win depends on the length of the series, with the maximum number on offer in each series, 120, divided by the number of Tests. In this five-match series, each win is worth 24 points.

Australia started badly. 142-8 already!

England finish on 267-4, 17 runs behind Australia with 6 wickets in hand. Burns got 125 not out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"