The Crow Reboot

Yep, and for a long time now I've wanted to do my own fan edit for YouTube (but that's another story...literally).

That's cool Moviefan!
I also have avoided 'Wicked Prayer'.

nomoremfingreboots.jpg

That picture's going to be ironic as bad place when they inevitably remake Pulp Fiction.

:woot:

There is nothing more useless than this idea.

Quite honestly, I didnt think the original was all that great, but this sounds really s***ty. Not to mention its from the guy who did LXG.

this is just stupid and pointless and frustrating. the only thing that needs rebooting/reinventing is hollywood itself.

the producer is responsible for ****ing all over the Crow franchise...when director Alexis Proyas wanted to do a proper DVD release the producer didn't alow him any part in it, and thats why there was a half ***ed special edition release..

the producer i forget is name, not worth knwing but hes been a leach on the Crow for years..

Quite honestly, I didnt think the original was all that great, but this sounds really s***ty. Not to mention its from the guy who did LXG.
aaaaaannnnnndddddd BLADE!!!!! wtf!! stop downing the man on something connery didn't wanna make!!:csad: blade is done by someone else? *looks at dvd* nope.. says it on the back; directed by Stephen Norring effin ton!!:cmad: give the man a chance!! Rothman screwed him so much he almost quit!!

The Crow is one of my all time favorites. Can't see how this is a good idea...

Am I the only one who thinks that this is potentially a good idea?

Seriously though, think about this, guys... Cast Sean Connery as Draven and call it The Crow: Kiss And Make-Up... This film could be beautiful.

I Am The Knight said:
They lost me at "realistic."
I hear ya on this one. Norrington wants to push for "realism" in a story about a murdered everyman who comes back from the grave as an invincible "ghost" figure to exact his revenge? Nice try, Steve...:whatever:

Finally, as great as the original movie is, it strayed far from the book. I have no problem with a new film that sticks closer to the source. That means Skull Cowboy, roadside killing, no real estate plot, no Top Dollar as a big shot, etc.

The original version will always remain a gothic masterpiece. But I'd have no problem with a grittier, more brutal, maybe even B&W true adaptation of the book.
This. Though, I could live without a 99% faithful adaptation of The Crow. And I have.

I love the original movie.
I don't care for this reboot/remake. Seems pointless, though, like said above, truer adaptation of the comic wouldn't hurt me. It just seems pointless.

The only iffy thing for me is actually Norrington. I'd feel much comfortable with Arronofsky, or even Rodriguez.
Blade was good. LXG wasn't really his film at all. Haven't seen Death Machine or The Last Minute. I have both versions of DM though.

Well, I'm not totally opposed to a reimagining of The Crow. The original film is certainly sacred, but it is already dated, and although Brandon Lee was a huge prescence, I'm sure there are other actors that can do the story justice.

The things I'm not on board with:

1. Norrington. Yeah, Blade was pretty good (still a fairly flawed film), but what has he done since? I mean, maybe he can make this work but I don't have much faith in him at this point.

2. "Documentary style"? What the bad place? Not sure what exactly he means by that, but that is not the way to go with The Crow. The Crow is an epic, gritty, violent, romantic, and sometimes funny story. I don't want it to be anywhere near a documentary, or even that realistic of a film.

no, i think it could be interesting if done well.

and as for everyone who thinks the idea of "realism" (i prefer verisimilitude) or a documentary style won't work with the crow, i've gotta ask if you've read the book. that story is raw and gritty and makes you feel every bit of what eric (the draven sir name was invented for the first film) feels. there's not a lot of gothic influence other than literary and of course the war paint, but other than that it seems like it takes place in the real detroit with real people (ie, no eyeball smoking mystics). and i don't say this to undersell the first film, i love it, own it, one of my favorite pictures. but the story from the book can be translated with more fidelity and with a different style and can be a really interesting, emotional, and visceral film.

One of the best tv spots/trailers for a movie ever really I think.

The 1994 movie summoned it up in 30 seconds. and 30 well done seconds.

I know this has nothing to do with the new one i just wanted to post it.:grin:

I see why The Phantom needs a do-over, not the Crow.

Let's be honest, The Phantom bombed and wasn't the best movie. However, I do have to admit that it's a guilty pleasure of mine (along with The Shadow) If you watch Brandon Lee's The Crow now, it's pretty much great the way it is.

It's just the sequel that screwed everything up, not the original.

Hence why it says no more. Even so, convincing Batman movies could have been sequels.
And why does Batman get a special pass for it? Or Bond for that matter? If there were no re-inventions/reboots/sequels, these characters would've died off in their respective eras decades ago.

Granted, Crow doesn't exactly scream a character that requires such a reboot, but bad place, if they think they can successfully bring some new life to the character that would be welcomed by audiences...why not?

Granted, Crow doesn't exactly scream a character that requires such a reboot, but bad place, if they think they can successfully bring some new life to the character that would be welcomed by audiences...why not?

You don't have to do Eric Draven over to do that. I would love a new great Crow movie, but you can easily continue the series without Draven.

True, but Draven is considered the "best", no? It's only logical to start with him.

True, but Draven is considered the "best", no? It's only logical to start with him.

Yea, but theres no starting. Its already started. Why reboot a series where the main character comes back to life, get his revenge, and then goes back to being dead? Draven isnt like Bond and Batman where he goes on multiple missions. Draven is done. Bring someone else back from the dead.

Yea, but theres no starting. Its already started. Why reboot a series where the main character comes back to life, get his revenge, and then goes back to being dead? Draven isnt like Bond and Batman where he goes on multiple missions. Draven is done. Bring someone else back from the dead.
This is assuming they follow this route in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"