The Crow Reboot

Momoa is not who I'd want to play Eric, but oh well!

He does kind of look like a rocker bro though, imo at least.

Don't worry, I'm kidding. Depp's just turned into a strung out looking mofo these days and almost a caricature of himself.

Hell several years ago, that might have been an inspired choice. I'm just glad nobody is accusing HIM of something inappropriate...YET... There are more every day obviously, but fingers crossed that's about the end of the people coming out the woodwork.

When I think of Momoa as a musician in this role.
I imagine e him as like a Peter Steele type of guy. :funny:

I like it

Oh he'd definitely fit a type of musician. That's just not the type of musician that's portrayed in the novel...AT ALL.

Correct. It's true that Eric Draven is a rocker/musician, but that's only one facet of his look and characterization.

One thing's for sure, though. He definitely shouldn't be a "bro" of any kind, unless they're going for a different characterization or leaning more into "action movie" territory, which doesn't gel with what O'Barr himself has said about the new film adaptation.

Yeh not really digging the momoa casting, the wirey junkie look is how the crow should look i think but who knows maybe he will surprise us. I was hoping Ezra Miller would get cast.

He wouldn't have been my choice either, but I'm willing to give him a chance at least.

I feel like it’s cliche to bring him up, but I could see Finn Wolfhard being a solid Crow if he were in his late 20s.

b687b57c284d6b504d85a2f098b14bb2.jpg

While this seems trivial to bring up, since Momoa seems pretty attached to this project, if I were in charge of casting, I'd choose Evan Peters for the role. I enjoy his work in American Horror Story. The latest season began very promising but, I lost interest after episode 4 or so. (Love The Strangers vibe in the beginning.)

Anyways, I digress. I think Peters could definitely deliver a memorable performance. From the few episodes I saw of this latest AHS season, I couldn't help but get a "Eric Draven" vibe. Similar to Heath Ledgers Joker taking inspiration from Brandon Lee, I feel Peters line delivery is reminiscent to the poetic nature of Brandon Lees.

He also sports wet, wavy, hair in most of the episodes I saw. Like I said, it definitely gave off a "Crow" vibe. I think Peters would be a great choice. While I know most don't want this property touched at all, which is understandable, or even a carbon copy performance for that matter...I think Evan Peters could do the character justice.

For me, Brandon Lee is "The Crow". When I read the graphic novel, it's his voice I hear in my head. Similar to how I hear Kevin Conroy for Batman or Christopher Daniel Barnes voice for Spider-Man. I think Peters could evoke a similar style. I also think he'd probably look great in the make up. (For whatever reason the design doesn't work well with some peoples faces. haha)

Last edited:
If Momoa were not cast as The Crow my picks for who I could see as Eric Draven/The Crow:

Luke Evans
Taylor Kitsch
Sam Witwer
Jared Padalecki
Nicholas Hoult
James McAvoy
Bradley Cooper

While this seems trivial to bring up, since Momoa seems pretty attached to this project, if I were in charge of casting, I'd choose Evan Peters for the role.

I think Momoa is a pretty good fit but yes I could certainly see Peters in the role.

For me, Brandon Lee is "The Crow".

This. Whoever takes it on it's going to take some getting used to for me. But I'm willing to give it a fair go.

Yeh not really digging the momoa casting, the wirey junkie look is how the crow should look i think but who knows maybe he will surprise us. I was hoping Ezra Miller would get cast.

Exactly. He was modeled after Iggy Pop and Alice Cooper, and he is a junkie in the book. Not exactly Mamoa's look...

I'll be extremely surprised if AC/DC's 'Back in Black' doesn't get used with this project. Either in the trailer or in the scene where Momoa's character suits up as The Crow.

Every Crow sequel is an abomination and this one will be to.

He won’t be a rockstar in this reboot/remake. He will be a mechanic like in the comic book.

There are all these other Crow stories with other charcters they could create into a film,
Eric
Joshua Zane
Iris Shaw
Michael Korby
Mark Leung
Leandre
Vincent Leonard
Elorah
Jamie Osterberg
The Man
Carrie/"Curare"
Jack Salvador

But it always comes down to the root of the evil, they don’t want to tell a story they want to turn a profit on your hard earned cash on an old property they bit there fangs into and continue to suck the life out of.

Last edited:
Dread Central says the start date is July, Jon Spaihts is a co-writer with Corin Hardy, and they've got character breakdowns:

[T-BIRD]
30, strong and wiry with the cold eyes of a wolf and an endless hunger where his heart should be. Lacking in conscience, covered in prison ink. Has taken over the old Hotel Reno on the outskirts of town where he rolls with Top Dollar and his notorious gang. Tonight he becomes a made man, but deep down he knows he wants it all…

[TOP DOLLAR]
20s – 30s, a lean, reptilian woman who came of age amidst lust and cruelty and has survived by embracing both. She possesses an almost psychic instict for seeking out a lie, her withering gaze something of a Medusa… T-Bird’s girl and co-manager of Hotel Reno, where she has been using her charm to draw in susceptible girls…

[SHELLY]
28 – 35, Eric’s one true love. A dancer with effortless talent.. Her undeniable beauty is matched only by her passion to teach dance to the inner city girls at her home studio. Shelly hopes to create peace in the community through teaching children, until she is brutally murdered by T-Bird and Top Dollar’s gang, setting off a violent chain of events as Eric seeks to avenge her death...

[DETECTIVE ALBRECHT]
40s – 50s, female. A world-weary soul in a rumpled suit. Haunted by the unsolved murders of Eric and Shelly. Dealing with marital issues and fighting against an ever-increasing wave of crime and corruption in the city. The heart of a warrior, Albrecht is determined to prevail against all odds…

[RATSO]
20s, bad face, bad skin, bad teeth. A loser of life’s lottery and he knows it. Wannabe T-Bird. Nurses a hatred of all things beautiful and proud, TinTin is a special treasure to him, a big man he can look down on. Rolls with T-Bird’s gang and runs his numbers, but dreams of being #1…

[FUN BOY]
20s – 30s, his bloodstream a seething cocktail of illegal pharmacology. His eyes fixed in the stare of a man seeing visions. Fun Boy runs T-Bird’s drug kitchens at the Hotel Reno. He wears a long leather trench coat sporting a happy-skull-face…

[TIN TIN]
30s, a hulking monster of a man, with unstoppable fists. T-Bird’s indefeatable champion in the ring. Mean and tough. Accustomed to being shunned, grateful for the society of savages who have taken him in (T-Bird, Top Dollar, Ratso, Fun Boy, Gideon)…

I guess Jason will be the third actor to play Eric. I just found out that there was a single season tv series based on The Crow. When searching for an actor to play Eric, they were probably just looking for an actor with the strongest resemblance to Brandon Lee.
maxresdefault.jpg

Seems like they're planning to genderbend Top Dollar and the detective dude... cool, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"