The Cure from X Men The Last Stand: mentioned in Wolverine...

Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by Golgo-13, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Sorry I was talking about Cassandra Nova but that's kind of different (if still kind of the same concept).

2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

It was already shown in X3 that the cure didn't work that long for Magneto.

And a 2-minute mid-credits scene is not the right time to mention that the cure didn't work.

Ehhh since when it became a rule/trend to ignore the bad movies. It only happened to Superman Returns and look what happened to the film.

3. lancimouspitt

lancimouspitt Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with Golgo here. I haven't even seen this movie yet but the whole, "I want your healing factor and i've found a way to get it" is just too close to the cure storyline in my opinion.
    For me i've already seen one X film dealing with mutants losing their powers and one film with that vibe is enough for me.
    For this movie not even to mention the cure seems like ignoring the ten thousand pound elephant in the room,but to be honest i'm not a huge fan of the whole loss of power stories. Too many of them (especially in the movies).

4. Fanged-Hunter

Fanged-Hunter SwiftNinjaFox

I've long believed that the X3 post credits scene was well crafted. Xavier is talking about a man born with no brain activity, no consciousness, so he asks about the ethics in regards to that and what he could do. Moira is a geneticist in the comics.

Personally, I think they were intentionally setting it up that they had cloned Xavier and it was basically a back up for him to transfer his consciousness to in case something happened. Cloned by Moira and Xavier kept the mind from developing so it was a blank slate.

Little out there and sci-fi-ish but fits pretty well for comic book standards.

5. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Be nice if they explained that a little in DOFP though otherwise it's all just assumption

6. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Thank You. I'm not saying the whole movie should be an extension of the cure storyline, all i'm saying is since the cure was such a BIG DEAL, and it was big news a year ago when Yashida started looking for Logan, it not being mentioned in mere passing conversation as kinda weird.

7. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I get what you mean when you say it's lose in a way but it certainly doesn't feel like a retread when you watch the film and ultimately the I want your healing factor storyline was done a hell of alot better than the cure was in X3.

8. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

Xavier's twin in the comics is a female, Cassandra Nova.

9. Arawn Fenn

Arawn Fenn Well-Known Member

It's only discussed in the commentary. All we know from the film is that the guy sounds like Stewart and we somewhat conspicuously don't get a close-up. Also it's been said that the scene was shot with Stewart in the bed.

10. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I don't mind that they didn't mention the cure. It didn't seem relevant to the story.

Do we know how long after X3 this movie takes place?

11. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Yukio had photos from X3 in her file, and said she'd been looking for Logan for over a year, so it's about 1-2 years after X3.

12. Arawn Fenn

Arawn Fenn Well-Known Member

I just tell myself that Logan's healing factor would have eaten the cure for breakfast.

13. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

that body was laying in bed for 70 years...

this isn't willy wonka, he's isn't going to just jump out of bed and start dancing around lol