The Curious Case of Spider-Man & Hulk Rights (Or Keep Hope Alive That the Rights Will Revert)

It was pretty obvious they were setting him up for another movie? Did we watch the same movie? Also he was in prison for all of his scenes, its not like he broke out of his cell and fought Spider-Man, right?

It was pretty obvious they were setting him up for another movie? Did we watch the same movie? Also he was in prison for all of his scenes, its not like he broke out of his cell and fought Spider-Man, right?
Spider-Man kicked him of the ferry, which was clearly not in prison, but anyway this means you agree that just because a character didn't do much in a previous movie doesn't mean that they can't be expanded upon in a future movie? So Shocker for example?

Spider-Man kicked him of the ferry, which was clearly not in prison, but anyway this means you agree that just because a character didn't do much in a previous movie doesn't mean that they can't be expanded upon in a future movie? So Shocker for example?
Not with the random goons in Homecomingm

To me, this article kind of reaffirms my belief that MCU Spider-man is living off borrowed time and his days are numbered after this deal is finished. I really do think Disney will eventually want a bigger percentage than 25% after the new deal ends and that's when Sony will call it quits for good that or if Sony manages to continue to be successful with the SUMC then that will bolster their confidence enough to feel they don't need Marvel/Disney anymore and take Spidey back after the crossover film. To me, this deal is likely the last hurrah of Spider-Man in the MCU and he won't be around anymore after it expires.

Last edited:
To me, this article kind of reaffirms my belief that MCU Spider-man is living off burrowed time and his days are numbered after this deal is finished. I really do Disney will eventually want a bigger percentage than 25% after the new deal ends and that's when Sony will call it quits for good that or if Sony manages to continue to be successful with the SUMC then that will bolster their confidence enough to feel they don't need Marvel/Disney anymore and take Spidey back after the crossover film. To me, this deal is likely the last hurrah of Spider-Man in the MCU and he won't be around anymore after it expires.
Who knows.

3 solo Spider-Man films + 3 Avengers films + 1 Captain America film. That doesn't sound bad to me especially we got six non mcu Spidey films in the past.

I really don't want Spider-Man 4 5 6 7 8 especially when there are still plenty of characters in the mcu getting their own film. So I'm happy Spidey is a getting a closure in the mcu and at the same time, he won't be around forever.

The Hollywood reporter sources have hinted it might not be the last deal going by the final line of the article.

3 solo Spider-Man films + 3 Avengers films + 1 Captain America film. That doesn't sound bad to me especially we got six non mcu Spidey films in the past.

I really don't want Spider-Man 4 5 6 7 8 especially when there are still plenty of characters in the mcu getting their own film. So I'm happy Spidey is a getting a closure in the mcu and at the same time, he won't be around forever.

My only issue is that I *really* want to see him in Secret Wars, and I think there needs to be at least 2 movies to do that story justice.

Most CEO's wouldn't give two ****s about their employees like that. Iger, as much as he owns, does seem to care.

I personally think the entire narrative that it was Tom Holland who brought them both back to the table is just PR spin. It's a feel-good read, but I don't see movie executives really taking what he thinks too far into account.

I personally think the entire narrative that it was Tom Holland who brought them both back to the table is just PR spin. It's a feel-good read, but I don't see movie executives really taking what he thinks too far into account.
I actually thought the same thing but at the same time it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he played some role in getting talks to start up again after they initially seemed to have stalled.

They were probably going to a reach an agreement eventually regardless but perhaps Holland reaching out to Iger(along with the immense publicity this got) expedited the process a bit.

Once again, while I would like to believe this is true, it just rings false to me

Crazier things have happened. I’m not saying it’s actually the case but I don’t think we can discount the possibility he may have had some measure of impact on getting things to work out the way they did, even if his actions played a pretty paltry role on getting talks to start back up again.

Last edited:
Crazy things happen, this is true. But this entire story just feels like something sweet that they added in order to smooth things over. To give us all cavities

Saying that Tom Holland brought them together is a way to make both studios look firm and like they didn't cave in. Like two parents who hate their guts but stay together for the children :o

I said only way this is happens is if Iger goes straight to the top and gets it done and I was somewhat right, didn't take into account Tom Holland also crapping in Rothmans cereal trolololol

Crazy things happen, this is true. But this entire story just feels like something sweet that they added in order to smooth things over. To give us all cavities

This.

I'm sure the millions and millions of dollars was a secondary consideration to the higher ups.

Once again, that's good PR spin. Nothing more

I'm with Spider-Fan on this. There's simply zero chance Holland was the puppet master on this. Zero.

It does make for a nice story though and get his likability and marketability up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"