The Curious Case of Spider-Man & Hulk Rights (Or Keep Hope Alive That the Rights Will Revert)

I wouldn't pay a penny over 3B

And imo Sony would be crazy to turn that down the way Sony pictures hemmoraghes money.

Sony pictures is on the market according to everyone.

Spider-Man is Sony's only moneymaker. Personally, I think they would be better off selling Spider-Man and concentrating on smaller movies with smaller budgets like Baby Driver.

Disney should just wait them out. Sony can't depend on Spiderman movies for forever.

How could Disney pay 2 billion for Iron-Man when Marvel Studios had already used him before Disney bought Marvel?

McFarlane seems full of it, tbh.

Paramount was the main distributor of MCU movies (other than Hulk)

After Disney bought marvel they must have paid Paramount to relinquish those rights.

I think iron man 3 ended up being the last movie paramount distributed.

Anyone feel free to correct me.

Which makes me think wth Universal must want for their distribution rights.

Disney is fine.
Sony has to make a Spider-Man related movie every five years or they lose the rights. Disney/Marvel makes all the money from merchandising.

I do think it's odd that the crown jewel in Marvel's crown, the live-action version is owned by Sony. Disney has a large section of their new theme park dedicated to Spider-Man and they don't wholly own the character.

Actually they do fully own the character... they just don't own the film rights

Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man 1
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Venom
Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man: Far from Home

That is an 8 billion dollar return. The last movie has the highest gross so it's not even a downward trend. Outside of The Avengers, no superhero franchise has returned a higher box office. Not Iron Man, not Batman, not Superman.

Spider-Man
Venom
Spider-Man villains - Outside of Batman Spider-Man has the best rogues in all of comics.

How much would Disney be willing to spend on the movie rights? Considering the whole of Marvel and Star Wars cost 4 billion each.

Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man 1
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Venom
Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man: Far from Home

That is an 8 billion dollar return. The last movie has the highest gross so it's not even a downward trend. Outside of The Avengers, no superhero franchise has returned a higher box office. Not Iron Man, not Batman, not Superman.

Spider-Man
Venom
Spider-Man villains - Outside of Batman Spider-Man has the best rogues in all of comics.

How much would Disney be willing to spend on the movie rights? Considering the whole of Marvel and Star Wars cost 4 billion each.

Don't forget the budgets... they're not getting back everything they make.

Paramount was the main distributor of MCU movies (other than Hulk)

After Disney bought marvel they must have paid Paramount to relinquish those rights.

I think iron man 3 ended up being the last movie paramount distributed.

Anyone feel free to correct me.
Disney bought out Paramount's distribution deal for 115 million. Nowhere near 2 billion.

Macfarlane is pulling those numbers out of his butt, imo.

Disney is fine.
Sony has to make a Spider-Man related movie every five years or they lose the rights. Disney/Marvel makes all the money from merchandising.

I do think it's odd that the crown jewel in Marvel's crown, the live-action version is owned by Sony. Disney has a large section of their new theme park dedicated to Spider-Man and they don't wholly own the character.
I bet they were planing Tom Holland to attend the opening.

Disney investors would freak if they dished out 10 billion for Spider Man

How many movies would it take to make 10 billion dollars in profits? :D
In the region of 20 successful films, each turning a minimum 500 mil in net profit.

At one film every 2 years (would be less frequent than that) that's 40 years just to get the money back from the investment.

$10 billion is ludicrous.

It just dawned on me after the Ms Marvel and She Hulk announcements....

If Marvel got full access to Spider-Man they probably would’ve done MCU Miles as a Disney Plus series instead of giving him his own movie series. Ideally, Miles Morales services the role of Spider-Man better when Peter acts as his Uncle Ben and his death inspires him to take on the mantle of Spider-Man however Peter was already been killed off in the MCU so I don’t think Peter Parker will ever be killed off again in the MCU. Regardless we could’ve gottten Spider-Man on live-action television for the first time since the 70’s.

That might’ve be ideal since Spider-Man is a serialized soap opera that suits more better on television than in movies. MCU Peter could have a role in the Disney Plus series as a mentor to Miles kind of like what Hawkeye will be doing with Kate Bishop in his own Disney Plus series.

The problems I see here is that Sony are idiots, always have been to projects that have nothing to do with Spidey, but with Spidey nonetheless; working it out with Disney until they get an agreement instead of backing off instantly is so dumb; but, the situation here is that you're kinda stuck because you NEED Spidey in the MCU because his story isn't done, and after IW/FFH, you can't do another movie without the MCU being used. And I hope Disney knows this too and I think they do because even they can't continue without Spidey, especially after those movies.

It just dawned on me after the Ms Marvel and She Hulk announcements....

If Marvel got full access to Spider-Man they probably would’ve done MCU Miles as a Disney Plus series instead of giving him his own movie series. Ideally, Miles Morales services the role of Spider-Man better when Peter acts as his Uncle Ben and his death inspires him to take on the mantle of Spider-Man however Peter was already been killed off in the MCU so I don’t think Peter Parker will ever be killed off again in the MCU. Regardless we could’ve gottten Spider-Man on live-action television for the first time since the 70’s.

That might’ve be ideal since Spider-Man is a serialized soap opera that suits more better on television than in movies. MCU Peter could have a role in the Disney Plus series as a mentor to Miles kind of like what Hawkeye will be doing with Kate Bishop in his own Disney Plus series.
And maybe had Ms Marvel linked a little to Spider-man due to similar locations.
She might have even deubted in the third Spider - Man film before her series launched - in a cameo - before getting a film role in Captain Marvel 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"