The Curse Of La Llorona | Warner Bros.

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Linda Cardellini to Star in James Wan Horror-Thriller ‘The Children’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Linda Cardellini has been cast as the lead in New Line’s upcoming horror film “The Children” sources tell Variety.

Michael Chaves is directing. James Wan will produce through his Atomic Monster production banner along with Gary Dauberman and Emile Gladstone. Michael Clear is exec producing. Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis penned the script.

The story follows a social worker who, while investigating the mysterious disappearance of two children, discovers her own family might also be in jeopardy.

Last edited:
Not to be confused with the obscure 1980 horror film.

Sounds interesting, i'm for it.

Not to be confused with the obscure 1980 horror film.

Sounds interesting, i'm for it.

ALSO not to be confused with another horror movie from a few years ago of the same name about a virus that makes kids murderous. No, really. Look it up. Decker Shado reviewed it a while back.

The movie has been re-titled 'The Curse of La Llorona'.

From Bloody Disgusting:

Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen is the lead in the horror film directed by Michael Chaves. Youngster Roman Christou was also cast in the film follows a social worker investigating the disappearance of two children and soon learns her own family may too be in danger.

[YT]jqKwk6UsblE[/YT] [YT]wFL6DRXU-SQ[/YT]

La Llorona is a pretty cool legend (it was the basis of a Batwoman story a little while ago too). That little teaser is nice. Plus I think I could watch Linda Cardellini in anything! :ilv:

66ZXaDB.jpg

Trailer tomorrow

Cultural Appropriation!!!!!!

Meh.

Will watch!

Really interested to see this, considering Wan felt confident enough to hand Chaves the keys to the main Conjuring franchise.

Yeah, really looking forward to this.

Also, love that poster.

giphy.gif

That scene in the car touches a very real fear I had when I was a little child. I hated riding in the car at night down dark back roads. I was afraid to look outside thinking I'd see something in the darkness staring back at me or running alongside the car. I still dont like being on dark back roads by myself. Perhaps I'll watch this at a day showing so I dont have to drive home at night afterwards.

Pretty sure the guy playing the priest played the priest in Annabelle. Wonder if it's meant to be the same priest?
I thought it was the same character but it looks like this movie isn't part of The Conjuring Universe. Weird...

That was a pretty good teaser trailer IMO. The cinematography looks gorgeous and I really like how that stuff inside the car was shot. This should get some nice reactions playing in front of Halloween.

I thought it was the same character but it looks like this movie isn't part of The Conjuring Universe. Weird...
Just looked up the character names of the priests - they're both called 'Father Perez' (played by Tony Amendola)! Annabelle was set in 1967 and this is set just six years later. We have a 'Father Perez Universe'!

Disappointing they seem to be making her just a generic movie monster, Hill House just showed us how to do horror right and this is not it

Disappointing they seem to be making her just a generic movie monster, Hill House just showed us how to do horror right and this is not it

Hill House was a family drama with some creepy moments. This appears to be a full horror film first and foremost.

We knre she was cast months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"