The CW eyes The Vampire Diaries spinoff "The Originals"

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/vampire-diaries-spinoff-claire-holt-co-star-casting-originals-cw/
‘Vampire Diaries’ Claire Holt To Co-Star In ‘The Originals’ Spinoff
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

The Original family of vampires will remain intact in their leap from The Vampire Diaries to their own series, planted spinoff The Originals. Claire Holt has been cast as a lead in Originals, which will be introduced in the April 25 episode of the CW drama. She will reprise her recurring TVD role as Rebekah, the vampire sister of Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies). The trio represents all surviving Original siblings as their two other brothers recently faced their demise on TVD. Holt had been rumored to join The Originals from the get-go, but I’d heard talks hit a snag and TVD‘s Phoebe Tonkin was signed for the potential spinoff instead. Now Holt, who just signed with CAA, becomes the fourth cast member of the original series to transition to the spinoff.|

Written by TVD co-creator/executive producer Julie Plec, The Originals centers on the Original family of vampires, as Klaus returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans — a town he helped build centuries ago — and is reunited with his diabolical former protégé Marcel (Charles Michael Davis). Holt is additionally repped by Melanie Greene at Affirmative Entertainment and Doug Stone.
And that makes three. :up:

Can Klaus kidnap Elena & lock her up somewhere & TVD gets Kat ?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/13/vampire-diaries-joseph-morgan-cure-originals/
Looking ahead to the April 25 episode of TVD, which will serve as a backdoor pilot for a New Orleans-set spinoff centered on the remaining Originals (costarring Daniel Gillies and Claire Holt), a grateful Morgan says he’ll travel to the Big Easy the week of March 11 to shoot it. (If it goes to series, they’ll shoot primarily in Atlanta to allow for crossovers.) “I’m terrified I’m gonna say something I’m not supposed to,” he admits, “but there’s some huge, huge transitions and some reveals that will change the character forever…. We’re gonna see some tremendous moments of vulnerability, but he is so, I wanna swear, badass. We’re gonna see him cooler than he’s ever been before.”

Klaus returns to New Orleans, a town he helped build, to find his protegé Marcel (The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis) its unofficial king. “It would be nice, if we were picked up or even possibly during the pilot, to see a little bit of Klaus as the underdog, the one we’re rooting for,” Morgan says. Look for Morgan and Davis to have good chemistry: “I used to play poker with him in L.A., so I randomly knew him. He actually won money from me a bunch of times,” Morgan says, laughing. “He’s a really good poker player. He texted me when he was auditioning for it. I’m excited to start it with him, because I feel like I know the dynamic between the two of us works. It’s good to know that that’s something else that works, as well as mine and Gillies’ relationship.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/13/vampire-diaries-joseph-morgan-cure-originals/
Looking ahead to the April 25 episode of TVD, which will serve as a backdoor pilot for a New Orleans-set spinoff centered on the remaining Originals (costarring Daniel Gillies and Claire Holt), a grateful Morgan says he’ll travel to the Big Easy the week of March 11 to shoot it. (If it goes to series, they’ll shoot primarily in Atlanta to allow for crossovers.) “I’m terrified I’m gonna say something I’m not supposed to,” he admits, “but there’s some huge, huge transitions and some reveals that will change the character forever…. We’re gonna see some tremendous moments of vulnerability, but he is so, I wanna swear, badass. We’re gonna see him cooler than he’s ever been before.”

Klaus returns to New Orleans, a town he helped build, to find his protegé Marcel (The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis) its unofficial king. “It would be nice, if we were picked up or even possibly during the pilot, to see a little bit of Klaus as the underdog, the one we’re rooting for,” Morgan says. Look for Morgan and Davis to have good chemistry: “I used to play poker with him in L.A., so I randomly knew him. He actually won money from me a bunch of times,” Morgan says, laughing. “He’s a really good poker player. He texted me when he was auditioning for it. I’m excited to start it with him, because I feel like I know the dynamic between the two of us works. It’s good to know that that’s something else that works, as well as mine and Gillies’ relationship.”

I'm calling it now. Klaus gets turned human (+/- werewolf). Or something else entirely if the cure turns doesn't quite work as advertised. Whatever the case, Hybrid Klaus is at its end.

That's what I've been saying from the jump. It'd be interesting too. Since he started out a vampire wanting to get his werewolf side back, and now may become the flipside of that.

Would be so refreshing to see the tables turned on Klaus and not have him be the biggest bad in town. Rebekah would have a field day having one up on her brother.

I'm calling it now. Klaus gets turned human (+/- werewolf). Or something else entirely if the cure turns doesn't quite work as advertised. Whatever the case, Hybrid Klaus is at its end.

Would his line also get cured ?

I for one wouldnt think so since at least imo his blood should get more and more diluted throughout the years with each vamp siring new ones that it shouldnt affect anyone but him. Esp since whenever the originals get put down for a good rest it doesnt effect their bloodline.

http://tvline.com/2013/02/13/vampire-diaries-season-4-spoilers-joseph-morgan-klaus-caroline-spinoff/
TVLINE | And congrats on the possible spin-off. That’s a big deal.
Yeah. I’m very, very excited about it.

TVLINE | Does it feel like the pressure’s on? They want to make a whole show centered around your character.
It’s interesting because I’ve been playing this character for a while, almost a full two seasons now. So I feel like I’m doing something right. The character’s been received pretty well even though he’s incredibly flawed. I think that’s part of the reason he’s popular. So I don’t feel so much of the pressure. Also, I have my brother [played by Daniel Gillies] to share that pressure with. I don’t know. We’ll see. I’m just excited. There’s other stories to tell outside of Mystic Falls, and this is a chance to really expand that universe. It’ll be so interesting to play all the crossovers, as well, if they allow characters to move between [shows]. For the fandom, this is a huge thing because it’s going to introduce more and more characters into the world, make the whole thing a lot bigger and a lot more complex, which has got to be a good thing.

TVLINE | What have you heard about his exit from Mystic Falls?
I’m waiting to find that out essentially. I know the bookends of that story. I know leading up to that point and I know after that point, but I don’t know what the crux is that sends him [to New Orleans]. I’ve got some ideas, and I feel it’s all tied up in the hunt for the cure and in Silas himself and all of that business.

TVLINE | What are you, personally, going to miss about Mystic Falls?
I’m not going to miss them all trying to kill me. It’s definitely nice to get away from that. But it really was the start of it for Klaus. And truly, I will miss all of the actors who I won’t work with so much doing this, provided it gets picked up. All of it — the crew and everything. It’s been a huge part of my life and utterly life-changing.

damn, was hoping rebekah would stay on TVD and only make guest appearances on the spin off. :(

Tonight's episode of TVD feels like another puzzle piece has fallen into place in terms of [blackout]Klaus eventually being given the cure[/blackout]. I mean, [blackout]Katherine[/blackout] has her hands on it! Just makes sense.

Apparently this starts shooting today. :up:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Greys-Mad-Men-Spoilers-1062959.aspx
I can't believe Klaus and Haley hooked up! Will that continue on The Vampire Diaries spin-off? — Charlie
NATALIE: Not so fast. While we loved the fact that Klaus finally got some, Joseph Morgan says this is not a story line that will continue on The Originals. "Because we were the first people cast — myself, Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin — it's easy to assume that it'll be a love triangle with Haley and the two brothers, but it's something so utterly different," Morgan says, adding, "That would be a cheap shot to have a carbon copy of The Vampire Diaries, which [the spin-off] really isn't." Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Loving the sound of this. :up:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Greys-Mad-Men-Spoilers-1062959.aspx
I can't believe Klaus and Haley hooked up! Will that continue on The Vampire Diaries spin-off? — Charlie
NATALIE: Not so fast. While we loved the fact that Klaus finally got some, Joseph Morgan says this is not a story line that will continue on The Originals. "Because we were the first people cast — myself, Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin — it's easy to assume that it'll be a love triangle with Haley and the two brothers, but it's something so utterly different," Morgan says, adding, "That would be a cheap shot to have a carbon copy of The Vampire Diaries, which [the spin-off] really isn't." Well, it was fun while it lasted.
Loving the sound of this. :up:

Not so fast, mate. Read it again carefully. While Morgan says that the spin-off's premise won't be a rip-off of TVD, he doesn't actually deny a romance between the two characters either. Unless he said more than was quoted in the article. :oldrazz:

Eh, that I don't mind so much. I just don't want them to blatantly replicate TVD, when they could go in so many more different, interesting directions.

Eh, that I don't mind so much. I just don't want them to blatantly replicate TVD, when they could go in so many more different, interesting directions.

I reckon the premise will be more along the lines of the redemption of Klaus. Perhaps with Elijah as his "Whistler".

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/28/vampire-diaries-spin-off-originals/
'Vampire Diaries' spin-off: The redemption of Klaus, the unraveling of Elijah? -- EXCLUSIVE
by Mandi Bierly

Daniel Gillies’ Elijah returns to The Vampire Diaries tonight, and as he’s already teased for us, Elijah’s going to “shock and possibly even horrify.” That’s something fans might need to get comfortable with…

In the issue of Entertainment Weekly hitting stands Friday, we have the exclusive first look at the April 25 backdoor pilot for the Originals spin-off. When Klaus (Joseph Morgan) gets word that witches in New Orleans — a town now run by his protégé Marcel (The Game‘s Charles Michael Davis) — are conspiring against him, he goes to the French Quarter to explore the threat and Elijah follows. What they find is an opportunity to reunite their family in a city they helped settle, but the larger arc for the show might surprise fans even more: “With luck, over a long stretch of time and many, many seasons,” Plec says, “The Originals will ultimately be the redemption tale of Klaus and, possibly, the unraveling of Elijah, who is going to have to maybe get his hands dirty in an effort to keep his brother in check.”

As she’s stated before, it was producers’ appreciation for Gillies’ controlled turn as noble Elijah that birthed the idea of an Original family in season 2 (as initially conceived, he and Klaus weren’t brothers). Gillies says he’s excited to see whatever future the writers script for Elijah, but frankly, he’s more interested in how they could exploit the millennium-old Originals’ pasts. “I’d like to see more of what they’ve uncovered about being vampires, whether that’s flight, or jumping, or invisibility. Those are the supernatural abilities,” he says, “and then you’ve got the abilities that you could learn within a thousand years: What instruments do they play? What degree have they earned in a certain type of kung fu? Which one of them ice sculpts? I’d love to see the extent of their knowledge and skill.”

Klaus, on the other hand, was never supposed to survive season 3: “He was the big bad. You don’t let the big bad live. The big bad’s gotta go, otherwise your heroes start to look foolish for being unable to destroy him,” Plec says. One full season of Klaus was all Morgan wanted too, at first. “I thought that’s sort of enough, because where can it go from there? I don’t want him to turn good and hanging out at the Mystic Grill,” he recalls. But then came Klaus’ teary-eyed, fatal standoff with Mikael in season 3′s ninth episode. “It was one of the first chances I had to really show another side to Klaus entirely with someone who had persecuted him all of his life and where some of that hatred and evil comes from,” Morgan says. “That was when I started to think there’s something in this. He’s not just there as a device to serve the hero’s story line.” (Luckily, he mentioned that to the show’s line producer. “And he said, ‘You know, you should tell Julie because everybody’s under the impression that you want to be done after this season,’” Morgan says.)

“The choice to keep Klaus past season 3,” Plec adds, “was truly born out of how magnificent Joseph is and how much the audience was connecting to him in spite of hating him. They loved to hate him. So knowing that we had a character that powerful, and that there was a spin-off opportunity there, it let us spend season 4 getting Klaus to the place where the character was ready to be the lead of another show. He’s a villain whose family and the people in his life are constantly searching for ways to find redemption for him, and he’s constantly fighting against that instinct. So now, with luck, we get to make a whole series about it.”

And how does Morgan feel now about the possibility of Klaus being saved? “I can say I trust the writers a lot more than I did initially,” he admits, laughing again. “I know wherever they take Klaus, it will be layers on the character that he already is. It won’t be a sudden change of direction where he’s suddenly good. He will always have done these terrible things which he has done, and so he will always have these things to haunt him. I think he possibly is capable of redemption, if there was someone understanding enough to forgive him…. It would be a tremendous character arc.”

For more on the spin-off episode — seven exclusive photos and more plot details, plus what it means for The Vampire Diaries if it turns into a series (and for the Originals if it doesn’t), pick up this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly, on newsstands Friday, March 29.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES — (8:00–9:00 p.m. ET)
“The Originals” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

KLAUS RETURNS TO HIS PAST IN NEW ORLEANS — Acting on a mysterious tip that a plot is brewing against him in New Orleans, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) makes a trip to the town he and his family helped build. Klaus’ questions lead him to a reunion with his former protégé, Marcel (guest star Charles Michael Davis), a charismatic vampire who has total control over the human and supernatural inhabitants of New Orleans. Determined to help his brother find redemption, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) follows Klaus and soon learns that Hayley (guest star Phoebe Tonkin) has also come to the French Quarter searching for clues to her family history, and has fallen into the hands of a powerful witch named Sophie (guest star Daniella Pineda). Meanwhile, in Mystic Falls, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) continue with their plan for Elena (Nina Dobrev), while Katherine (Nina Dobrev) reveals a surprising vulnerability to Rebekah (Claire Holt) and asks her to deliver a message. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Julie Plec (#420).
Can't wait. :up:

I wish Katherine could be part of the spin off. Kill off Elena since she has just become boring.

Boring?! Elena just got good... :o

Elena has been awesome with the humanity switch turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"