Arrowverse General The CW Is Looking at Another DC Comics Property For Next Season

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

Over the past few years, The CW has become a pretty prominent home for DC Comics-inspired TV shows -- and it sounds like more could soon be in store. During the network's presentation at the Television Critics Association press tour, The CW president Mark Pedowitz was asked about the possibility of a future-set Arrow spinoff, which would build off of the flash-forwards already in place on the show. While Pedowitz said that nothing is set in stone one way or another for that spinoff, the network is apparently considering adapting another DC Comics property.

"There's possibility, but we haven't fully had the discussion about that one way or another." Pedowitz revealed. "Right now there's another property that we're looking at for next season."

Still going with Superman.
Not impossible… But I’ll repeat my misgivings: I think Superman - based on the Supergirl continuity - has been painted into a corner. Arguably, this corner served the needs of the Supergirl narrative. However, it's (IMO) rather restrictive and idiosyncratic in terms of a standalone Superman spinoff.

It's Batman Beyond for me

Not impossible… But I’ll repeat my misgivings: I think Superman - based on the Supergirl continuity - has been painted into a corner. Arguably, this corner served the needs of the Supergirl narrative. However, it's (IMO) rather restrictive and idiosyncratic in terms of a standalone Superman spinoff.

Yeah I tend to agree with you with the Tyler Hoechlin Superman being introduced as a sort of long established version of Superman it would likely have to be a prequel or a different version of Superman.

I would love a Batman Beyond series. I feel like it would be better on the DC streaming app, but hey... If we can get Conroy to sign on then 100% yes.

Lobo maybe happening for the scifi channel. Static Shock would he cool. And yes to The Question.

Kevin Smith has been hinting that he is working on a show possibly for Berlanti/DC. I wonder if this is it ?he has hinted at it in recent "Fatman" podcasts.

Kevin Smith has been hinting that he is working on a show possibly for Berlanti/DC. I wonder if this is it ?he has hinted at it in recent "Fatman" podcasts.
Would love to see Kevin get the reigns to his own DC show. If this is the case then I think it has probably got to be The Question, simply because I have heard him reference that as the DC project he would do if he got to choose the character numerous different times.

I hope it's Aquaman but i'ts probably not Aquaman.

Vic Sage Question would be awesome.

Batman Beyond would be ace.

I'd be down for Hoechlin Superman going solo if he doesn't die in the Crisis.

Maybe they could do Justice League Dark. Use the Crisis to absorb the cancelled Swamp Thing and pair him up with John Constantine, Zatanna, Dr Fate, etc.

Setting aside my doubts about the quality of any Arrowverse show not named "Legends of Tomorrow" right now. . . I am still partial to Zatanna. I feel like you could make a quite good urban fantasy adventure out of her premise.

Birds of Prey! But with 2 female lead shows they will likely want another male lead show.

I hope it's Aquaman but i'ts probably not Aquaman.

Vic Sage Question would be awesome.

Batman Beyond would be ace.

I'd be down for Hoechlin Superman going solo if he doesn't die in the Crisis.

Maybe they could do Justice League Dark. Use the Crisis to absorb the cancelled Swamp Thing and pair him up with John Constantine, Zatanna, Dr Fate, etc.
Hoechlin Superman series would be great, even Justice League Dark with Swamp Thing, Constantine , Dr. Fate and Zatanna would be a great idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with The Question or Ted Kord's Blue Beetle.

Please, pick Swamp Thing.
If they can somehow pick this up with the cast from the actual cancelled show and then put a CW spin on it, then connect it to the Arrowverse, I'd be sold! Granted, it may not quite be what everyone wants from the character, but if it's this or nothing, I'd take this every time. They could even run it with reduced episode numbers similar to Legends & Black Lightning,

Birds of Prey! But with 2 female lead shows they will likely want another male lead show.
Sarah is the de facto lead character of Legends of Tomorrow too, so right now they're at 3 male (Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning) and 3 female (Supergirl, Batwoman, Legends) lead series, at least until Arrow ends.

"Tempest" (the original Aqualad) with Drew Van Acker as Garth/Aqualad/Tempest.
Drew Van Acker is handsome, he looks so hot and sexy in that suit.

Garth-1.png
Garth-2.png
Garth-3.png
Garth-4.png

Last edited:
If they can get it written right, and if they can recast the characters, I wouldn't mind a prequel show about the Hawks; they can always have the odd crossover with the Legends too, or, at some point, bring them into the present (they're reincarnated after all) and follow a modern story or something.

If they could set up a show correctly, then each season could be them in a different time period, with their final season being set either in the present (unless they choose to do several seasons within there) or the future.

I would watch any or all of those shows. I hope it's Vic Sage if we get Question but I would be okay with Montoya also.

I am still waiting to hear about that Deathstroke CW Seed show they announced, and whether it's the Arrowverse Deathstroke or its own thing.

Honestly that Deathstroke show if it’s a Arrowverse show or not than that’s ok with me. But I can’t lie that a tiny part of me wants it to be Arrowverse but whatever lol.

Yeah any of those rumored shows would be a great addition to the Arrowverse. They all seem unique and would offer something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"