The CW's THE 100

Wasn't expecting those two go or to go that way. :(

Clarke should have gone Batman on McCreary at least.

"I won't kill you...but I don't have to save you."

Safe play with Kane's fate. The actor has a new show coming this fall. The success of that one will determine how big of a role he'll have on the 100, next season.

It's never too late to introduce aliens.

Either Aliens or even more future tech. I forgot what year the show starts in but now it is 125years ahead. This new Earth could be way more advanced and have actual cities. I don't think the planet should be another Savage Land.

Clarke should have gone Batman on McCreary at least.

"I won't kill you...but I don't have to save you."

Just from the lack of mention he got later on, I assumed Clarke curb-stomped McCreary all the way to death's door.

Finale definitely reinvigorated my interest in the show which started to wane with this season. There's so much potential for this new world, whether it be aliens or super advanced human colony... Hopefully it's not wasted.

Season 5 was definitely one of the weaker seasons of the show. Plotline was kind of repetitive from what we had already seen in previous seasons and I think most of the prisoners were wasted since we only got to know like three of them.

My Ranking of the Seasons:
1. Season 2
2. Season 4
3. Season 3
4. Season 5
5. Season 1

This was probably the season I liked the least and the show is just repeating itself in inferior ways at this point. I wish the show ended with 4. CW president is talking about the show going on to Season 7 or whatever and I'm feeling like it's past its prime.

Just from the lack of mention he got later on, I assumed Clarke curb-stomped McCreary all the way to death's door.

Yeah, I think she Timberland tapped danced his ass to death.

I was hoping that Madi would remain awake for some time, then placed in Cryo, so that way she'd be an adult when they all wake up.

So did the preggo lady give birth?

Can one be cryoed that far along? Depending on how soon she woke up she might have been cryo when the baby started developing. Either way if she gave birth I can't imagine putting a baby under is possible haha.

Yeah, I think she Timberland tapped danced his ass to death.

I was hoping that Madi would remain awake for some time, then placed in Cryo, so that way she'd be an adult when they all wake up.
If they planned the 10 year way then sure. She would have had to go under once Monty found that nothing changed in the time.

If the girl playing Madi wasn't delivering, I'd say go ahead and age her up. But I think she's been doing good thus far.

Plus, Clarke and Bellamy already have one fully-grown child to take care of next season.

'The 100' Star Marie Avgeropoulos Arrested for Felony DV

An actress who plays a post-apocalyptic juvenile delinquent on TV allegedly went nuclear on her BF in real life and got busted by cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Marie Avgeropoulos -- who stars as Octavia Blake on CW's hit sci-fi show, "The 100" -- was arrested in L.A. last week and booked for felony domestic violence.

We're told a man called police very early on August 5 from inside a car ... claiming his girlfriend had hit him during a verbal argument. Sources say when police arrived, the man had marks on his body ... so Marie was taken to jail.

https://images.tmz.com/2018/08/13/0814-marie-avgeropoulos-mug-3.jpg
Her mugshot's just as edgy as her character on '100' -- albeit with a lot less blood and war paint on her face. She does appear to have been crying though.

A source close to Marie claims the actress was on new meds and mixed it with wine during dinner that evening ... which resulted in a bad reaction. We're told her boyfriend called police thinking they'd diffuse the situation rather than arrest her -- as they're both Canadian and unfamiliar with what'll get a person hauled off to jail in the U.S.

Our source says he begged cops not to take her away ... and even bailed her out after. Marie was released on $50,000 bond.

We're told the boyfriend does not want to press charges.

I figured someone had to go.
the pods could not be closed from the inside. They seemed to just not think about that in the plan. Someone would have to not sleep, unless they would rotate every ten years. Monty did seem like the most likely, his character ran his course. He was just there to find livable sources. He seemed cool with dying ever since Jasper went crazy.
Surely they could have set up a timer or something though, no? Raven is a genius, and between her and Monty, I'd have thought they'd have been able to work something out?

Nice finale.
Funny how Macready wasn't head shot by Clark after dropping the bomb.
Surely he isn't still alive?

Six seasons in is probably too late to introduce [blackout]alien life[/blackout], isn't it?

Because that's the only new angle I can conceive of for this whole thing... busting out a [blackout]Xenomorph[/blackout].
Honestly, I think it's obvious what's going to happen here. There was another ship sent out that didn't send any communication back to Earth, it was sent out to colonise another world, and I expect that's exactly what has happened. This new planet Clarke and co have reached is already populated by people - although it likely wouldn't be the crew of the ship, it'll be their descendants.

The next season would presumably have our characters trying to negotiate or interact with the already settled settlers. Obviously something will go wrong, and there's going to be another fight (each season has relied on this element thus far).

I'd love to see alien life, but I think it would be too CGI-heavy. We saw one or two mutations of Earth-life in Season 1, but nothing ever came of it again. This new planet though (should) offer some alien wildlife, though don't expect to see too much of it.

That felt like a series finale.

I'm also surprised Kane and Abby made it through this season.
It would certainly have worked as one. I guess they didn't know [when filming] whether it would be renewed or not, so opted to give us a happy ending?

Considering only Clarke and Belamy have been awakened thus far, there's nowt to say this hasn't happened. She may have asked Monty to wake her up after Clarke went to sleep. ;)

Either he is one crew or the enemy of one crew!
Hah!

Surely they could have set up a timer or something though, no? Raven is a genius, and between her and Monty, I'd have thought they'd have been able to work something out?

The pilot was also with them and he lived up there. He would have known best if they could close with a timer. We know they had a timer to open, none of them seemed to worry though.

'The 100' Star Marie Avgeropoulos Arrested for Felony DV

Either he is one crew or the enemy of one crew!
tenor.gif

Actually it is an excuse and may be true. Medications can seriously **** a person's mental state up if it's taken wrong or in combination with the wrong thing. Ambien can make a person do all sorts of crazy **** while asleep. Anti-depressants can turn some people into suicidal maniacs. Idk why people think our behavior is entirely down to morals or free will. It isn't. We are all biological machines with natural internal chemicals that effect our behavior and actions. **** with those chemicals and mood can change drastically. Otherwise calm people can be turned violent. Inhabitions can be eliminated. Etc.

So, I always catch up with this show once the season is done and binge the whole thing at once. Going through some of the comments here, y'all seem mixed on this season but for me...HOOO MAMA WHAT A SEASON OF TELEVISION. Maybe its because I binged it all over the course of one week rather than 13 like you guys but this, for me, was one of the most compelling seasons of tv I've watched in a while. I cannot believe the CW continues to air this show because man it goes to some dark, heavy places. Like HBO level dark. But that's why I love this show each season. Yeah, it definitely frustrates you sometimes when characters lose their way and make certain decisions and act out of character but I think thats the entire point of the show. Its about human survival and human nature and unfortunately, human beings, however noble their intentions may be, are capable of truly unspeakable things and I love that this show does not flinch or shy away from showing us that.

But throughout all the darkness, I loved loved loved how this season ended. With hope. With a new beginning. Obviously there's going to be conflict in the next season, its a tv show after all, there has to be. But I'd like to think that season 5 was THE turning point for all of our main characters. A recurring theme this season was how our characters were tired of the fighting and doing unspeakable things for "the greater good." When Clarke and Bellamy looked on to earth II with tears in their eyes, it felt like these were two changed people who aren't going to repeat the same mistakes they've been making the past 5 seasons. They're going to take Monty's lead and be better human beings...with some bumps along the way I'm sure. ;)

Low key one of the best shows on TV. Bring on season 6.

Really hyped for this season, Ive loved or close to loved every season so far even if there were some frustrating creative choices here and there. This is still by far the CW’s most mature and compulsively daring show. The way season 5 ended paved the way for a new beginning, a clean slate, itll be interesting to see where they take it. Im hoping Clarke and Bellamy have evolved significantly as characters going forward.

The only weak point for me was S3. The AI **** just got out of hand, the mutiny (and especially Bellamy's role in it) was half-baked, and they could've found about a dozen better ways to kill Lexa off.

The only weak point for me was S3. The AI **** just got out of hand, the mutiny (and especially Bellamy's role in it) was half-baked, and they could've found about a dozen better ways to kill Lexa off.

Agree with all of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"