The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

And I actually preferred it than the Snyder Cut performance. I know I'm sick. :p

Same. Both movies sucked but Cavill at least had some charm and dialogue in the theatrical cut, despite his mouth looking like something out of a horror movie.

I’ll say this before and I’ll say it again. The Snyder Cut may have technically been a better movie but the characters either came off like one-note stoic brooders (Superman, Aquaman, Cyborg) or over-the-top goofballs (Flash). Wonder Woman and Batman are probably the only two that came off better in the film, Batman because he’s supposed to be a brooder and Wondy because Gal has a lot of natural charisma.

Same. Both movies sucked but Cavill at least had some charm and dialogue in the theatrical cut, despite his mouth looking like something out of a horror movie.

I’ll say this before and I’ll say it again. The Snyder Cut may have technically been a better movie but the characters either came off like one-note stoic brooders (Superman, Aquaman, Cyborg) or over-the-top goofballs (Flash). Wonder Woman and Batman are probably the only two that came off better in the film, Batman because he’s supposed to be a brooder and Wondy because Gal has a lot of natural charisma.
Henry Cavill on Mission: Impossible Mustache, Justice League (vulture.com)

I've read about it so much that I still can't believe shaving a moustache and making a fake one that matches was out of the question here.

Seriously. Especially with how long of a delay they had to take on Mission Impossible. I can’t believe Cavill couldn’t have grown back a mustache in the time it took Cruise’s broken ankle to heal.

It was that studio giving the finger to a competitor.
As someone pointed out to me, he should have been given the beard and black suit to combat this.

Cp7ibYIWYAAgYAg.jpg

As someone pointed out to me, he should have been given the beard and black suit to combat this.

Why did Whedon even decide not use the Return of Superman portion with the black suit?
I mean i get wanting to bring in for this the Positive Superman, the good old red and blue hope guy...but spending millions on getting rid of the Mustache digital and make his face look weird, seems kind of a waste when instead you could have done something with the black suit.

You already were halfway there with the circumstances and the story.

Instead we got both times nothing, one time a weird looking happy boy, the other time the same Snyder superman who suddenly for no reason was wearing a suit that had no color in it.

It was my understanding that there was no actual black suit? That the one we saw was digitally altered? If that’s the case, time/money was probably a factor for ditching it completely on the reshoots.

The Black Suit sucks in general...it is cool in the comics once but Snyder abused it. He just doesn't get it he is all shoe but no context.

It was my understanding that there was no actual black suit? That the one we saw was digitally altered? If that’s the case, time/money was probably a factor for ditching it completely on the reshoots.

Its the rumor at least, i dont know if it was confirmed.
I know people say there are pictures of the suit during shooting where it was red and blue.
And some scenes in whedons JL are identical to the Snydercut with the red/Blue suit.
So yeah, i think there never was an actual black suit.

Did Snyder not understand what the black suit's purpose was?

No.

“The black suit, you can say that in modern Krypton, when he left, everyone was wearing black suits,” Snyder told I Minutemen. “So it is sort of linked to, in some ways, the old world. I think is a more direct relationship to his family.”

“In a lot of ways, the blue suit, to me, represents his kind of place on Earth,” he continued. “The blue suit is his suit of a hero, the suit of his destiny, whereas the black suit is more personal in a lot of ways, more about his family. One is outward, and one is inward.”

That man does not understand anything about Superman.

The Brainiac in Krypton was terrifying, I love that portrayal. It has a healthy amount of Giger and sci-fi horror influence. It’s underrated and he was underutilized. That show definitely had some strong elements, including their creepy Brainiac.

Did Snyder not understand what the black suit's purpose was?

The purpose, in Snyder’s mind, is that it just looked cool. I think he did know that Superman wore something similar when he was revived in the comics but that’s probably all he looked into it. As soon as he realized he could put him in a costume that made him look like the Punisher in a cape, that’s what he wanted to do.

I still think it’s funny that he also wore the black suit during a scene in Man of Steel and I didn’t even realize it during my first viewing because the lighting in the scene (and the entire movie) was so dark.

The Black Suit for Snyder is like the Mechanical Batsuit...it is all about visuals the actual story it pertains to doesn't matter. That is Snyder to a "T" great visuals but nothing beyond surface level depthness to the story.

The Black Suit for Snyder is like the Mechanical Batsuit...it is all about visuals the actual story it pertains to doesn't matter. That is Snyder to a "T" great visuals but nothing beyond surface level depthness to the story.

Pretty much, yeah. You can see it in everything he does. The black Superman suit, both suits Batman wears in BvS (the padding in the regular one makes him look as buff as John Cena for **** sake), the size of Dr. Manhattan’s… well, you know.

Pretty much, yeah. You can see it in everything he does. The black Superman suit, both suits Batman wears in BvS (the padding in the regular one makes him look as buff as John Cena for **** sake), the size of Dr. Manhattan’s… well, you know.
Well no man looks like this IRL.

BatmanTDKR3-142+Hunt+The+Dark+Knight.jpg

And it doesn't surprise me that this is what Batfleck is based on.

Do you guys think they'll stick to nicknames for Superman or just call the next film, Superman?

Superman = Clark's early days in college and getting a job at the planet.
Last Son of Krypton = Brainiac and his yearning to learn more about Krypton and engagement to Lois.
Man of Tomorrow = Adapt elements of Moore's story, and the start of the Kents

Sorry, did I miss a story that this is in truly in pre-production, or that a script was actually turned in, or even better, a leak of said script? Or is this just pre speculation?

Sorry, did I miss a story that this is in truly in pre-production, or that a script was actually turned in, or even better, a leak of said script? Or is this just pre speculation?
They're still working on the Abrams/Coates project. No further news on its development. They're moving on from Cavill's Superman so just getting things ready for any future films.

Do you guys think they'll stick to nicknames for Superman or just call the next film, Superman?

Superman = Clark's early days in college and getting a job at the planet.
Last Son of Krypton = Brainiac and his yearning to learn more about Krypton and engagement to Lois.
Man of Tomorrow = Adapt elements of Moore's story, and the start of the Kents

The Blur: Trying to embarrass him about his smallville times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"