The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread (🚨SPOILERS🚨)

I never understood the people who hated the trunks and their need to be so vocal about how much they hate them.

So that alone makes me so happy that we’re getting them. Also, I don’t like my Superman looking like he’s in a giant blue baby onesie, the trunks are a much needed contrast and for that reason, they’ll never go out of style
Hoechlin's Superman only has a belt as a contrast, and that suit proves that Superman can work without the trunks as a contrast. After all, we only saw him wear the Fleischer suit once...which really emphasized how much better his Superman looks without the trunks for my money.

SML101fg_0001r-36780694ea3e480797b05c97af290f13.jpg

I really feel like if we were getting another villain, the trades would’ve gotten the scoop on that casting a long time ago

Hoechlin's Superman only has a belt as a contrast, and that suit proves that Superman can work without the trunks as a contrast. After all, we only saw him wear the Fleischer suit once...which really emphasized how much better his Superman looks without the trunks for my money.

SML101fg_0001r-36780694ea3e480797b05c97af290f13.jpg
And yet I prefer the classic suit he wore for 30 seconds in the pilot haha. But routh’s kingdom come suit is probably my favorite live action suit thus far

And yet I prefer the classic suit he wore for 30 seconds in the pilot haha.
He also wore it in the flashback ep, so, twice! And yes, I preferred that suit as well.

I agree with the general notion that the suit CAN work without trunks. But I disagree that it inherently works BETTER without trunks. That's a load of nonsense, imo. My two favorite Superman suits of all-time are the Fleischer suit and the Reborn suit. One with trunks, one without. It can absolutely look great either way. But so far from what little we've seen of the materials on this suit, I think the trunks were 100% the right call here.

I never understood the people who hated the trunks and their need to be so vocal about how much they hate them.

So that alone makes me so happy that we’re getting them. Also, I don’t like my Superman looking like he’s in a giant blue baby onesie, the trunks are a much needed contrast and for that reason, they’ll never go out of style
1719030054611.jpeg

James Gunn: It's time for our Dark Knight!

I really feel like if we were getting another villain, the trades would’ve gotten the scoop on that casting a long time ago
Maybe...but it could be a swerve that is not filming now so it is easy to keep under wraps.

If David looks that good in a picture of a picture, I do believe he should look amazing on film. Second wanting to see those two rescue scenes in the film

Corenswet seems quite... gifted. Be brave, WB. No smoothing or airbrushing required.

In the train picture, it looks like he isn't wearing the trunks. At least from what I can tell. Maybe it's just because of the quality/the picture being zoomed in. I do wonder if we see more than one Superman suit in this.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, but I think I see the curl!

EDIT: So I know we saw a curl in the original tie-my-boots photo, but you never know how these things change as things progress. I remember Cavill’s hair in the original promo photo from MOS looked pretty different from the final film. David’s hair looks slicker and less puffy in this picture, and the curl falls differently from the previous picture, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"