The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Fan Review Thread

I just got back from the screening at West Nyack at the palisades mall NY. What I did to get a ticket for this screening i will post tomorrow.But I cant say anything new that you have'nt heard here already.AMAZING!!!!!!!
Every decade or so a movie or two comes along that stays with you . For me it was Terminator 2. I remember where i was and with who I watched it with and never forgot.
The Dark Knight stays with you and is after tonight in my top three of all time. Where in that top three Im sure time will decide.But the hype, the virals. the anticipation - all worth it!!
Those speculating about box office numbers need not worry ( and I dont think you should regardless of what the movie makes). I would not be surprized if Dark Knight walks all over the spiderman movies and Iron Man.Sure I liked Iron Man but the Iron Man movie seemed like childs play compared to DK. THIS WILL MAKE HISTORY.Good night all!!!

That movie was brilliant. Every aspect of it was so well done. At this point, I can't really describe in words very well how amazing it was. Heath was amazing, his portrayal of the Joker was so complex and so believable that I wasn't thinking of him as heath at any part of the movie (until the credits, where he received a round of applause). Every other actor/actress were also so well played. Aaron Eckhart was a perfect Harvey Dent, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Christian Bale all displayed amazing talent and made their characters even more believable and awesome. But man, the joker was so creepy, yet funny; sinister, yet charismatic. I can't really describe his performance more than just saying sheer genius. I can totally believe a posthumous oscar win, at least a nomination. I know most of you saw it tonight, but if you didn't see it as many times as you can. Try to see it in IMAX if possible, because it is worth the extra few bucks! This is the best super hero movie ever crafted and one of the best movies of all time imo!!!

In short: the less you know, the better. Honestly. I saw all the clips, I saw all the trailer, etc, etc. It does take away from the movie, IMO. Don't go into this movie with any preconceived notions, I did and it wasn't what I was expecting. Its probably much better than what I was expecting, I just need to shake my mind of those expectations. Is it a great film? Yes. I walked in expecting to see "The Departed" or "The Godfather Part II". It isn't those movies...maybe it is as good as them, I need to re watch it.

They simply cannot top this.

And this was a cinematic masterpiece...well worth the wait and antics we endured.

Watching two more times before the weeks over.

I dont want to see the joker on screen ever again.
Ledger set a bar which cannot be topped.

Eckhart...AMAZING

Bale is Batman/Bruce.

Thank you Nolan.

redfirebird, I apologize. I raced to the restroom during the credits and arrived to the end to see if there was anything at the end, just in case. I too loved Batman Begins soundtrack and was glad to hear they used most of it during The Dark Knight.

does the movie end on a somber note or?

Its hard to summarize. Its an epic ending, which leads you asking yourself, "Well, whats going to happen now!?" I really liked it.

redfirebird, I apologize. I raced to the restroom during the credits and arrived to the end to see if there was anything at the end, just in case. I too loved Batman Begins soundtrack and was glad to hear they used most of it during The Dark Knight.

Its hard to summarize. Its an epic ending, which leads you asking yourself, "Well, whats going to happen now!?" I really liked it.

It's iconic too if the spoilers are true that I've read.

Gordon has a speech to his son about how Batman is the silent guardian of the city, The Dark Knight. It sounds on paper to me like an even better ending than, "And you'll never have to" from Begins.

I'll dovetail that question with 'How does Nolan top The Dark Knight?'

Loved the film. Best Bat film to date.

Joker = This is the way the Joker is. Dark/ No limits.

Batman = Kinda pushed to his 1 rule but cant break it.

Harvey Two Face = This is not the venom treatment. We so who he is before Two Face. and I loved howw his charecterr is.

Overall. This movie is amazing. 10/10

(quick way to sum it up)small flaws...made up by HUGE scenes and Heaths Joker is scarier than anything ive ever seen...Brilliant movie
10/10
now my favorite movie

10/10 for sure.

My heart sunk with the closure this film had though. It really felt like this could be the end of Nolan's handling of the franchise (for me at least).

Man but the last line he gives "Were destened to do does this forever" really was the most Bittersweet moment forr me :(

I just posted my WHOLE review but the board went down. And now im tired so I'll make it simple :cmad:

Here are my complaints:

Simple/bland beginning

Cell phone device monitor that detects people, idk

Batmans white eyes

It doesnt feel anything like BB. It feels completely different and looks different. Almost seems as if a totally different director directed it

Two-face looks too cartoonish

The batpod doing this little flip up a wall :whatever:

Theres more complaints but I'll post my full review tomorrow. The point is, this was a good movie despite me throwing out a bunch of complaints. Im just very focused on the flaws right now but I'll get to the positives later. This movie deffinetly had its flaws but I will be honest and say that I expected more. :csad: This movie wont live up to the hype for most people in my opinion

7.5/10

conebone, you give a 7.5 but you gave it an 8 on the poll.

This movie deffinetly had its flaws but I will be honest and say that I expected more. :csad: This movie wont live up to the hype for most people in my opinion

7.5/10

You can't comment on how other people will react. You can only comment on your own thoughts. A vast majority were blown away by it, not disappointed.

Everything was great except the way Nolan shot the action, Two-Face and the lack of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

conebone, you give a 7.5 but you gave it an 8 on the poll.
Well these flaws that the movie have really has me torn between a 7.5 or an 8

My mind is really focused on the flaws for some reason

Here are some of the main points of my video review

- I liked that the story was smart, it grew in intensity and kind of sucked you in but I just have to say that the script is amazing. The situations and the things Joker can come up with are brilliant in their unpredictability.

- This is one of the smartest representations of the Joker because from the beginning he looks like a diabolical genius. He plays the police and Batman like puppets, almost to the point where you really don't know what they can do to stop him.

- Ultimately, Batman is saved by luck and his Reed Richards moment. Given that Bruce always went to Lucius Fox for tech and ideas, I didn't buy it that he'd be able to adapt the sonar technology like he did. I'm not saying he's an idiot, but it Lucius himself seemed pretty stunned.

- Bale did a good job but it wasn't his best performance yet. I didn't feel any chemistry between him and Maggie, nor any emotional connection with Michael Caine.

- Rachel Dawes is still a useless character.

- Aaron Eckhart surprised me. Because he started out as a likeable guy when he makes the transformation to psycho it is all the more shocking. I expected Ledger to be a 10 throughout the movie but Eckhart started out as a 5 and worked his way up to a 10, which was a treat to watch.

- The biggest problems I have with the movie are as follows

1. The mobsters are just cliches. I liked Falcone in Batman Begins. The way he carried himself and the way he talked down to everybody. I thought he was interesting. Maroni doesn't even come close.

2. Not enough Mike Engel. :( I wanted to see more of him given that Anthony Michael Hall said this was one of his best performances ever.

3. I have a problem with the way Nolan chose to end the movie, with Batman taking upon himself the responsability of Dent's murders. To me Batman is a moral absolute. He doesn't kill because that would make him no better than the thug who killed his parents. That includes endorsing cold blooded murder which I just never see him doing. But that may simply be a case of my vision differing from Nolan's. I do feel he deliberately wanted to make a statement because I don't buy that Gordon couldn't have covered up those murders, in the crazyness that was Gotham controled by Joker.

Overall, I give it a 9 and I think everybody should stop saying this is an Oscar worthy movie. Seriously, who gives a f**k about the Oscars?

Weren't you complaining all throughout the lead up to the film's release? "It's not as dark looking as Batman Begins, permawhite sucks, I don't like the Batpod," etc. Seems you were already pretty skeptical walking into the movie.

You are free to express your opinions, dude. don't worry about it.

however, I'm getting a vibe off of you. i do think that you came in very very high expectations, and they were not met. Also, you're younger so you may or may not appreciate certain elements of the movie that you may have overlooked. But I could be wrong too, Cone.

The movie was amazing
To me it delivered on all fronts, the mood was so gritty and intense, and everything was like a non stop adrenaline ride like my heart was pumping the whole way though
10 out of 10

yeah d.k.
i felt like i couldnt get out of my seat(even though i really needed to go to the bathroom)
it was very heart racing

There were a few heart pounding moments, about 2 hours worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"