The Dark Knight The Dark Knight FAQ (Check here first)

Horror Business said:
i could've sworn he said that the only time robin would be in the franchise would be if he wasn;t working on it.

That's not exactly what he said, as I remember it, though his remarks could be interpreted that way.

ok:up:

I'm iffy on the Frankie Muniz issue. Too old.

Horror Business said:
i could've sworn he said that the only time robin would be in the franchise would be if he wasn;t working on it.

Perhaps it was during the interview, when he was talking about casting Frankie Muniz for the role if the character were to be used...

was that Bale who said that or Nolan?

I thought it was Nolan.

Any word on batsuit changes/updates yet?

No, none at all. I honestly don't think they'll change much of it, perhaps a few modifications could be in the midst though.

I don't really see the need for any needed changes to the suit.

However, I did like the upgrade to the Spidey suit in Spider-Man 2.

Batman said:
About two months ago, his name was added along with Liev Schrieber's who was still interested in the role. Some don't like the thought of Gyllenhaal, while others do. Mostly because of his age, despite being a tremendoes actor. He also would've been better for the role of Black Mask, to others.

Roman and Bruce knew eachother during their childhood, while their fathers were good friends considering they were two of Gotham's wealthiest families. But, in the end Roman grew angry and burnt his family's mansion down killing his parents in the process. Thus leading him to inherit the family fortune.

That is so flippin cool, Black Mask seems like a really interesting character. Him being in the sequel to BB would for sure kick ass, I hope he's used.

And I agree with both Batman and Bullseye about the suit. :up:

I bought the recent Wizard magazine that had the five page article about the sequel, which of course there was a thread made about. It lists down Dustin Hoffman as a potential candidate for Dent, so please anyone who read that and reads this now, don't believe it. He's never been mentioned by any trusted sites.

I think that batman should start becoming the serious dark arrogant prick that we all enjoy. start showing the idea of becoming obssesed over being batman and his work. also they could start showing him as a crime solver rather than just a fighter.

I don't read Wizard... and how did they come up with the idea of Dustin Hoffman as a possible candidate for Dent?

JoeBoxer said:
I think that batman should start becoming the serious dark arrogant prick that we all enjoy. start showing the idea of becoming obssesed over being batman and his work. also they could start showing him as a crime solver rather than just a fighter.

Well, the sequel may be taking place a few months after the events of Begins ended upon. So by then, I'm hoping we see that he's learned a decent amount of detective skills, and uses them on people like Joker, Black Mask, etc. Along with better quality fight sequences, not that I had much to complain about the ones in the first. Just that it was a bit difficult to see exactly what type of move he was using, atleast to some people.

Also, Nolan had this to say. But I'm waiting for more credibility in it, you can't believe everything you read these days...

"Batman is positive, but I believe that, in the first couple of years, he's going to find an increasingly negative response from society, because of the truth is that, when you have a powerful, negative city like Gotham, it didn't become corrupt by accident, and those entrenched people are going to respond very vigorously."

Bullseye said:
I don't read Wizard... and how did they come up with the idea of Dustin Hoffman as a possible candidate for Dent?

That's why I'm letting everyone know not to believe it, Wizard always gets there information wrong at times.

Batman said:
That's why I'm letting everyone know not to believe it, Wizard always gets there information wrong at times.

So what you're saying is, they're always sometimes wrong?

Katsuro said:
So what you're saying is, they're always sometimes wrong?

Of course, have we heard anything from BOF about Hoffman every being a candidate? No. So why would they claim that he is? Unless they heard it from somewhere, or someone else. Like I said in the other thread, Wizard is always one or two steps behind. They even listed down the sequel for 2009 release...

Batman said:
Of course, have we heard anything from BOF about Hoffman every being a candidate? No. So why would they claim that he is? Unless they heard it from somewhere, or someone else. Like I said in the other thread, Wizard is always one or two steps behind. They even listed down the sequel for 2009 release...

No, see, I was just pointing out your grammatical error. "sometimes always" is kinda a contradiction, dontya think?

Katsuro said:
No, see, I was just pointing out your grammatical error. "sometimes always" is kinda a contradiction, dontya think?

Where did you see I used the word, "sometimes?"

Batman said:
Where did you see I used the word, "sometimes?"

Well, you said "always wrong at times". same thing really

Dont worry about it, I was really just messing with you.

Katsuro said:
Well, you said "always wrong at times". same thing really

Dont worry about it, I was really just messing with you.

But, the period always goes inside the quotation...

icon12.gif

JoeBoxer said:

Batman's not usually a "dark arrogant prick" and many of us like him better when he isn't.

Batman is not necessarily "obsessive" and many of us prefer it when he isn't.

Batman was shown as a crime solver in "Batman Begins." It could be done more strongly, but it WAS done.

Keep making lame posts like this, JoeBoxer, and I'mma TKO your ass. And that's not a joke, I can think circles around you. :up:

I could see him becoming, not necessarily an arrogant prick, but becoming more sucked into Batman so to say, losing himself in the "monster he has created" as Alfred said in Begins. Almost to the point where he is no longer Bruce, but only Batman. And no, not wearing the Batsuit to the breakfast table (ha, imagine him coming to the table in the cape, cowl, chest armor, and boxers..."Alfred, fetch me my Cornflakes"), but you know what I mean. I think it would be good for Dick Greyson to come in at this point, probably at the end of BB2, making Bruce more "human" again. Thats what StorminNorman said in one of the Robin threads, that he keeps Bats human, and I totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"