The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Agreed.

I honestly can not see anybody else in a Batman suit or as Wayne than Christian Bale. He just was Wayne to me. I'm normally someone who can accept role changes (Doctor Who, James Bond etc) but they will have to do something exceptional for me to accept someone else in the cowl in the next few years.

I don't say this about many roles in films but in every scene he was perfect IMO. The voice I don't believe was him entirely there is clearly some sort of studio work with his voice in TDK and TDKR.

This. I've actually come around to accepting that his time in the role is over, but boy, to the studios/next director have a hell of a job on their hands in choosing a new actor to fill the role. I still have a hard time figuring out who'll don the cape and cowl next.

Speaking of the voice, for all the derision it gets, Batman really had some awesome comebacks in both TDK and TDKR, during the final confrontations. "No, but I know how you got these!" for the Joker and "Then, you have my permission to die." for Bane.

If the features are the same as blurays I have then I think I pass.

There are new special features, and very exciting ones at that

I'm hoping the ultimate box set comes with new transfers and a boat load of unseen features if not then why even call it the ultimate box then.
Dark knight needs a better transfer.

HJpIZTv.jpg

80 euros in some pre-orders :funny::funny:

Is this available for pre order yet cause I'm getting nothing here i the UK...

HJpIZTv.jpg

Can someone tell me what are those villains pics supposed to be other than the villain's faces? I can only figure out the Scarecrow one is his straightjacket

Can someone tell me what are those villains pics supposed to be other than the villain's faces? I can only figure out the Scarecrow one is his straightjacket
looks like ras, joker, and bane

Last edited:

Bane's mask looks like someone is grabbing some prison bars (imagine that is Bruce).

Joker is just on fire I believe. Fire obviously associated with panic and chaos an obvious theme in TDK

Ra's looks to be in the smoke of the blue flower. The smoke that scarecrow uses in BB I believe. He also looks like a rotting corpse which is probably hinting at his immortality.

Dent's is on half a face (suggest two face obviously) and says "Take back Gotham" which is what he was all for in TDK.

A Catwoman one would have been nice also!

HJpIZTv.jpg

Um, why are there 9 discs when there should be 6? It could be the DVD versions, but they would've advertised it on the box art (i.e. Blu-Ray + DVD + Ultraviolet/Digital Copy).

Might pick up the box set on dvd I found in the week for 20quid. Cheap and will let me watch all three film which is the main thing:funny:

Bane's mask looks like someone is grabbing some prison bars (imagine that is Bruce).

Joker is just on fire I believe. Fire obviously associated with panic and chaos an obvious theme in TDK

Ra's looks to be in the smoke of the blue flower. The smoke that scarecrow uses in BB I believe. He also looks like a rotting corpse which is probably hinting at his immortality.

Dent's is on half a face (suggest two face obviously) and says "Take back Gotham" which is what he was all for in TDK.

A Catwoman one would have been nice also!
Good stuff. From a different perspective, Bane's also looks like himself, holding his vest/coat the way he always did.

Each one also seems to have a quote scribbled on the bottom, in different fonts which fit the character.

Fire coming out of his eyes. He likes to watch the world burn :oldrazz:

The bars on Bane's face. I assume it's him still emotionally down in the pit as he never escaped in the way Bruce did.

The way the hands are actually makes it look him when he holds on to his vest.

It reminds me of that shot of little Talia holding the prison bars.

I think the Bane one is definitely his "boss pose" where he holds onto his vest or jacket.

I don't think we will. Nolan likes to behave as if the deleted scenes never existed, even though we all know they did. Maybe he thinks he's following Kubrick on that.

Well, the doc is beging touted as having "never before scene footage". Whether that is behind the scenes stuff, alternate takes or bits and pieces of deleted scenes remains to be seen.

I don't think we will. Nolan likes to behave as if the deleted scenes never existed, even though we all know they did. Maybe he thinks he's following Kubrick on that.

Insomnia has a deleted scene.

It's on Amazon (UK) for £50 too. Much better price than I thought it would be, so even if it's not as satisfying as I hoped, at least the sting won't be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"