The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I'm actually more excited to see Nolan riding the Batpod and Cillian in the Batsuit than I would be for TDKR deleted scenes, lol. I loves me a good retrospective doc.

I'm holding out for the release with TDKR's deleted scenes.

2mCV102.gif

At the moment, I'm more excited for this 90 minute doc than I am for Batman vs. Superman.

I actually feel the same way. Im excited for BvS, but it's not going to kick in until they show the first pic of Affleck in the suit.

Bring on the documentary!

I just wish there was a ton of new footage or features to make me want that set. But so far, nothing doing.

The new doc is plenty for me to get excited about, especially knowing that we'll get to see other actors' Batman auditions and unseen behind the scenes footage.

The Donner/Nolan conversation should be cool too.

I mean, more features for each individual movie ala the Batman Anthology set would've been great, but a nice juicy 90 minute retrospective isn't a bad compromise.

Last edited:
Im probably going to buy it. I have the trilogy on Blu-ray already, but having it all in one box-set after they've all been released with the different artwork they're presenting? I cant pass on that. Im too much of a fanboy.

Plus the documentary which seems to be awesome. I LOVE docs when other people in the business talk about the project, so that sucked me in right there. The convo between Donner and Nolan is a bonus for me. It wouldn't sell me on the set, but it's a nice little bonus. But didn't the description read (probably for the documentary) that there would be new footage? Whether that's the odd shot of deleted scenes or just actors auditioning...im down for that.

They have my money!

A documentary and some toys are not worth spending $100 for movies I already own, imo. Especially because they'll probably be on youtube soon anyways, like everything.

Yeah, I mean whether it is worth a purchase really varies depending on whether one wants to fork out the money for stuff they mostly already have, financial situation, etc. But at the very least, I think this doc will be something to look forward to for everyone regardless of who actually buys the set. Sounds like it'll actually be in depth and interesting and not just some fluff piece like I feared.

Are we just seeing the auditions of the other actors but not of Bale's? Because I want to see Bale's! :argh: Also, I bet there will eventually be another box set that will have the Catwoman auditions too.

Yeah, you'd think they would have Bale's on there if they have a bunch of other actors who didn't even get the gig.

Cillian in the bat suit is going to be hilarious I bet, lol.

Looks like they're showing Anne's screen test after all! The Catwoman screen tests were done at the peak of Jesus Bale's look. This should be hilarious. :lmao: Also, he's the 2nd person who made a comment about Cillian's Batchin. :funny:

https://twitter.com/ianberriman/status/379637464844890112

Ian Berriman
‏@ianberriman

Best bit of the new Dark Knight Trilogy box set: the glimpses of Cillian Murphy's screentest as Batman. The chin doesn't look right.

Although the sight of Christian Bale playing Batman with a BEARD is quite amusing too (for Anne Hathaway's screentest).

ETA: Looks like we do get to see a glimpse of Bale's screen test too.

@ianberriman: @NoGood4Me Glimpses of Bale's screentest too, no other Catwoman contenders. We're talking short clips <10 seconds.

Last edited:
Haha, yes! I feel so much better about pre-ordering this now. Totally going to be worth it.

Oh man, I am so pumped for this doc! We've never seen ANY screentests for any Batman movie. They should include Bale's Robin screentest for posterity. :o

LMAO The BatJesus? Im soo forking out the full price.

Unboxing of the Ultimate Collector's edition:

The dude is speaking in Czech, by the way.

Beautiful. Ill buy it.

Sigh...I'm going to cancel this preorder, even if it chaps my ash to not have the documentary on the trilogy.

Honestly, I just think the packaging is too bulky. It's just okay. The toys mean nothing to me. I'd toss them. I do like the booklet but it pales in comparison to the Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy book from last year. And the fact that the disc art is the same from last year's set shows that, technically, WB could've put this set out last year.

Still, that damn documentary. I really need to see it. Maybe, if I'm lucky, someone will sell the bonus disc on eBay or Amazon so I can peak at it.

I'm sure people will try to upload it on youtube in its entirety.

I wonder if that's the same size as the BTAS box set from a few years ago? They would go nicely together on a shelf. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"