The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

i just went to buy it at best buy =) bout to rip the documentary..

every DARK KNIGHT fan has to watch it..

it was simply amazing.. plus the joker stuff was the best.. even it was short.

well worth the money spent..

ill buy these movies again i have too lol

BVR9KAuCcAEEKLy.jpg
BVR9W1UCMAAmDrn.jpg
BVR9ORKCYAAC2L3.jpg

Holy... well then, I think a PM is in order when that rip's ready. I really want to see it. You could be the hero this thread needs.

It's weird because they haven't even announced it yet here in Mexico. Warner always releases a lot of editions here. For TDKR we had DVD, regular Blu ray combo, steelbook, digibook and the cowl pack. There's no info about this edition.

The left close-up of Heath Joker is among the best I've seen of him. Nice splash of red on the lips and the white make-up covered all over. Looking at the pics again you realise just how young he was. Huge loss.

It will be released in the UK next week, if someone has it ripped please PM me!

Well, I just picked this up. Traded in old movies I owned, went from 95 bucks to thirty. :D

That's a good idea, maybe Ill do that, anyone find a rip?

:waa: :hrt:

Christopher Nolan said:
It's been ten years since I walked out of Alan Horn's office holding the keys to one of Warner Bros.' most prized assets. I never stopped to wonder why they'd entrusted something so important to someone so inexperienced -- if I had, I'd have been paralyzed with self-doubt. In retrospect, it can only have been my absolute confidence that a return to the old school '70s blockbusters that I grew up with would be the key to bringing Batman back. I thought my references were original, but it now seems obvious that ten years ago every studio had been hoping that every tentpole they made would take the audience back to the great early days of Spielberg, Lucas and Bond (outsize Bond). Few movies had pushed that particular button, and I believed that changes to the craft of filmmaking were to blame. I put together a team of the best technicians in the world to test my theory, and we tested it more and more with each new installment, shameless pillaging the stunt and special effects techniques of movies we'd loved in the hope of combing them into something fresh for the audience.

In the early days, we never dared whisper the word "trilogy," but I think we all knew that if we worked as hard as we could, for something that we truly believed in, the opportunity to build a grand, three-act narrative would be there. The studio was patient in a way that studios rarely are -- three years between the first two installments, then a further four until our conclusion. The Batman thrives on continual reinterpretation, but I hope that the work of these three movies is ambitious and cohesive enough to stand the test of time as a distinct and notable interpretation of the great icon. The story you have here is a story close to the hearts of myself and my collaborators -- we tried hard to do justice to the shadowy figure at the dark heart of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Hopefully, we succeeded.

:waa: :hrt:

Christopher Nolan said:
It's been ten years since I walked out of Alan Horn's office holding the keys to one of Warner Bros.' most prized assets. I never stopped to wonder why they'd entrusted something so important to someone so inexperienced -- if I had, I'd have been paralyzed with self-doubt. In retrospect, it can only have been my absolute confidence that a return to the old school '70s blockbusters that I grew up with would be the key to bringing Batman back. I thought my references were original, but it now seems obvious that ten years ago every studio had been hoping that every tentpole they made would take the audience back to the great early days of Spielberg, Lucas and Bond (outsize Bond). Few movies had pushed that particular button, and I believed that changes to the craft of filmmaking were to blame. I put together a team of the best technicians in the world to test my theory, and we tested it more and more with each new installment, shameless pillaging the stunt and special effects techniques of movies we'd loved in the hope of combing them into something fresh for the audience.

In the early days, we never dared whisper the word "trilogy," but I think we all knew that if we worked as hard as we could, for something that we truly believed in, the opportunity to build a grand, three-act narrative would be there. The studio was patient in a way that studios rarely are -- three years between the first two installments, then a further four until our conclusion. The Batman thrives on continual reinterpretation, but I hope that the work of these three movies is ambitious and cohesive enough to stand the test of time as a distinct and notable interpretation of the great icon. The story you have here is a story close to the hearts of myself and my collaborators -- we tried hard to do justice to the shadowy figure at the dark heart of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Hopefully, we succeeded.
He absolutely made something that will stand the test of time. He made cinematic history. I say that genuinely from the bottom of my heart.

Wonderful words from Mr. Nolan.

EKBC78m.jpg

I'm still hesitant about buying this. How much new footage is there? Or is it just a few snippets in the doc here and there

Well, I just picked this up. Traded in old movies I owned, went from 95 bucks to thirty. :D
Most places I go to sell my unwanted DVD's the most they pay is 2 bucks a piece, you mean Best Buy pays you more for your DVD's?

I trade my movies into moviestop. I traded a few blurays (TDKR - Parts 1/2, because I have the deluxe edition, & Harry Potter 6). Then a few tv show dvds and got 40 bucks off (they already sold this set at discount price.)

For those of you who have the set would you say it's well wort it over the standard trilogy edition?

I've held out on buying it waiting for this one but i'm not sure in the end if the extra features justify it?

I don't know how much money the standard set was from last year. But it all comes down if you own all the blu rays or not. If you own the blu rays separately, then the special features + the booklet of photos might not be worth it.

I gave mine away (to my nephews) but now i dont want to pay that monstrosity :woot:

I gave my blu rays to my parents lol. I hate the art on them anyway. Ughh.

I don't regret buying the set. It was expensive, but...it's a nice set with cool special features, better art and packaging for the 3 movies + photos from that trilogy book (which I don't own) so I had no problem spending the money.

What art did your set use for the DVD covers, shauner?

Having finally got the set, even while owning the previous editions...it's completely worth. My goodness, do I love this set.

The documentary is going to be an annual viewing, no matter what. That's how much I love it. It's informative without being bloated (Rings EE documentaries, I'm looking at you). Just the new behind the scenes footage through out the documentary is the real treat. And yes, Nolan made a mistake with Hathaway's hair for the finished product. My goodness, does she look glorious in the audition footage.

I just love the wide variety of topics of the documentary. It's just fantastic to watch. As was the conversation between Donner and Nolan.

But, the real shock to me was the IMAX sequences for Knight and Rises. When originally announced, I figured I'd look at a few and never return to them. Boy was I wrong. First off, it's fascinating to remember what was lost at the top and bottom of the screen during these sequences when viewing the regular Blu-Ray in comparison to these. You find yourself wonder from edge to edge of the frames, just looking for details all over the place. And even weirder, this featurette plays like a DJ's mix tape of the last two films. A highlight reel of sorts. It's crazy but I've had the boxset for 5 days and I keep coming back to just the IMAX sequences instead of just watching the films. It's crazy.

Here's the other great thing about this set, at least to me. The size of the box is big enough that if/when WB releases another set of these films with remastered video, it is big enough theoretically housed the next set inside this box , if you remove the toys. Might take some figuring out but it can be done. The trilogy box set from last year fits in here perfectly.

That is my plan, moving forward when WB does another edition of these wonderful films.

People, if you love this character and love these films, this set is a no brainer. It just is. It, to me, feels complete, when you take into account ALL of the supplement material, not just the new bonus disc. I rewatched Batman Begins with the PIP function on yesterday and I forgot how much information was in the PIP. Just great stuff.

Get this set, Bat fans.

So is this documentary going to get ripped or do I have to go spend £55 on amazon for this. I'm quite torn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"