The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

cant believe no one has uploaded the "dark knight reborn" documentary - in australia we cant buy the exclusive best buy packaging. i have the broken cowl one but i need this documentary bad! if anyone can help pm me

cheers

cant believe no one has uploaded the "dark knight reborn" documentary - in australia we cant buy the exclusive best buy packaging. i have the broken cowl one but i need this documentary bad! if anyone can help pm me

cheers

I'm in Australia, too... but I thought NO ONE had that doco?! Isn't it being released on the Ultimate Collection box set toward the end of the year?

There isn't much on that docu, it's pretty much old extras footage from the previous movies cut with the behind the scenes footage for TDKR which you can find on youtube.

Any word on the Ultimate Trilogy Boxed Set?
EDIT: Nevermind, it comes out Aug, Sep or Oct.

Anyword on whats included on the ultimate trilogy boxset??? (Been away from the fourms for a while)
Here's something new.....
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-f...ogie-ultimate-collectors-edition-blu-ray-disc

Translated:
Theatrical Cut (German & U.S. version identical), Uncut, 5 discs, BD (5x), bonus disc, PiP, extras includes in HD (part), special packaging, image formats from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises alternates between 2.40: 1 and 1.78:1
It looks like the BD features for all 3 films remains the same. And it also posted a release date of September.

Last edited:
Uncut!!!?????

Extended versions of all three films or just TDKR?

Yeah, I was wondering what they mean by "Uncut" there... :hmm

lol, I just saw that on Nolanfans. It's BS I bet. Call me a pessimist, but I just can't believe Nolan would do a directors cut.

Just this once I wouldn't mind Nolan eschewing his philosophy.

Just this once I wouldn't mind Nolan eschewing his philosophy.

Oh, same here man. I've never been big on directors cuts in general, but TDKR could definitely benefit from it.

Thing is, I really don't see him doing it. I was reading some more of TDK Trilogy book the other day, and I think it was Lee Smith who mentioned Nolan not wanting the film to be significantly longer than the previous two films.

But yeah, keep the hope alive I guess.

Unfortunately, I doubt that's true.

Aside from Bane's training, what proof do we have of more stuff being filmed and cut?
Sorry for being that guy. :o

Yeah, I think an extended cut would basically just be little moments here and there all the way through.

There's definitely some footage of The Bat that didn't make the final cut though. Both from the final chase (as seen in the Blu-ray ads), and that other part where it's flying through the tunnel. Probably some of the second Batman/Bane fight was cut down too. Foley's full death scene. Etc.

Just the way it is with these movies, sometimes some awesome stuff gets cut. We'll probably never even know the half of it. Remember that AMAZEballs wideshot of Joker and the Chechen in front of the burning cash, from the Dominos trailer? "This town...is MIIIIIINE now." *Chills*

Aside from Bane's training, what proof do we have of more stuff being filmed and cut?
Sorry for being that guy. :o

There's definitely a lot of stuff that was left in the editing room. Lee Smith says that they had a lot more footage for Rises than normal.But i dont think that was anything major . Just longer scenes , lots of different setups , probably a lot of action footage . As he said , Nolan didn't want a movie much bigger than the other two. So they probably trimmed the fat of some scenes.

I agree with BatLobster on this one...besides just extended moments here and there, or a few additional things, I don't think we'd see a whole lot more stuff. If there was a 400-page draft, that's all it was, a draft. Half of that stuff is wiped off in further drafts and they might just be only a few more additional stuff that was meant to be filmed but taken out for the theatrical cut.

And even look at Bane's training...it was only meant to be extended into Talia's speech, so, yah...just extensions and a few additional things I'd say that would ever pop up in an extended cut.

While it would be neat to get some of those minor filler scenes as at least deleted footage I'd rather have these "ultimate editions" have commentary by Nolan, his brother, and Goyer. That'll make it more than worthwhile to me to re-buy these for what'll be the 100th time.

Yah, I would be fine if we don't get some extended cut either unless we have something that focuses on Batman and the attention on his first return in the film, which is the only thing I feel is missing in TDKR anyways. If not, then I'm perfectly fine with the cut of TDKR I have.

Even though it says uncut right at the bottom it says length 457 minutes and when you add up the IMDB length of the films it comes up to 457 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"