Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Dec 9, 2012.
I'm so excited for this.
Where did you find this....?? but I bet it's £150plus.
Saw it on twitter!
I'm sure a lot of us here own the entire trilogy a few times over, thanks to double-dipping. Whether it be due to upgrading from DVD to Blu Ray, or already owning BB/TDK but buying them all over again to get TDKR with the first trilogy boxset that came out last Christmas. I already double dipped with both BB/TDK and if I buy the UCE of the trilogy that will bring me into triple dipping territory.
So what I'm getting at is, what are the features that this "Ultimate Collectors Edition" has to have for you to purchase it? I'm thinking it had better include at least two of these:
- Director's commentary/Main cast commentary for all three films.
- New transfers for both BB and TDK.
- Previously unreleased BTS footage, like the Bat-pod stunt from TDKR that recently surfaced.
- Some form of a trilogy retrospective like "Ending The Knight" on TDKR Blu Ray.
These two are most likely a no go, but could be a big deal if Chris caved in:
- Bonus scenes from all three films, but most importantly from TDKR. Bane's origin scene is the main one that comes to mind.
- TDKR: The extended cut. Obviously extremely doubtful, but it's definitely something that would be gratefully accepted.
Add anymore that you guys feel would make the boxset worthwhile.
- What we definitely need, imo, are commentaries indeed. Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer all doing one commentary for each film and maybe Christian Bale doing another just by himself, his views of Batman's villains in each film, and Bruce Wayne's arc of the entire trilogy.
- New transfers would be amazing, although I always thought BB needed one more than TDK.
- Behind the scenes, but only through featurettes, I think, would be a given. I think an ultimate collection should have plenty of featurettes.
What I HOPE for, but I don't know if it'll be a for sure thing:
- Some kind of feature speaking of a retrospective as you mentioned. I don't think it will be necessary, but it would be nice nonetheless.
- Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman commentary for all three films t:
- A "Gotham Live" featurette. A news snippet speaking on the events after the siege that TDKR didn't have time to delve into.
- Deleted scenes. I doubt Nolan will add them into the final cuts and make extended versions, but it would be nice to see ALL of the deleted scenes from all three films. Joker leaving the penthouse and entering a car to leave comes to mind.
- A retrospective on the evolution of all the characters from the trilogy that were in the comics. Going from when they were created and down the line to how Nolan perceived them.
I would give my future first born if we can have a commentary by Nolan and/or Bale. And more BTS stuff please!
-Looking more at the pre-production, the garage stage, models, writing, ideas that were tossed around but not used
-New transfers for BB and TDK
-Just any more behind the scenes stuff
Not needed but it would be a nice addition:
-Chris, Jonah, Goyer and Bale commentary track
Where is Warners with the announcement? And it better be good...
I'm guessing they're waiting for comic con to announce the ult. trilogy set like Marvel did last year with the Phase One box set.
Oh my God, if this is actually legit, I may have to buy this.
That looks awesome glad I didn't buy TDKR to wait for this if it's as good as it looks.
I am however gonna be cynical and say that I will be SO disappointed if those books turn out to be "The art of The Dark Knight Trilogy" reworded or something very very similar to it and that pretty much all we pay for are 3 mini replicas of Bat's vehicles.
God those discs better each be full of content!
Those models, while not enough to make me buy the trilogy pack if they don't have new stuff on the discs, are much nicer than I was expecting.
I don't think they'll look anywhere near that decent in person.
I wonder if those books are new things or just reissued variations of other TDK art books. I'm patiently waiting for info on what's on those discs that we don't have already, I'm beginning to worry there won't be anything extra on them.
I just sent an email to my contact at Warner Bros. to see if they'd verify the boxset image and shed some light on when we might expect an offiicial announcement. I'll keep you guys posted!
It'd really be a waste of a sweet looking set to not include any brand new content. Fingers crossed.
Also, I don't get why the Batpod has all that gold on it- should be silver.
The original press release said their would be new content.
Hopefully Iso Scores, Commentaries, Deleted Scenes, BTS footage, B-Rolls....
I did not expect the Bat-pod or The Tumbler to have those colors besides black...
Well according to the polish site its 2 discs plus 1 dvd for each film. so to me at least that means NO NEW CONTENT... the 3 movies already come with 2 blu ray's each. this suckss
French Amazon has it scheduled to an October 2nd release (90 euros...lol)
All of a sudden this pictured set is making news. Just saw it this morning on Jett's page and comingsoon.net
Actually, Batman Begins only came with one blu-ray.
That trilogy set looks like a glorious cash grab!