The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by He Rises, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He Rises Registered

So uh...I realize its probably a BIT too early to be speculating about this considering TDKR is gonna be playing in theatres for the next month or so at LEAST, but I'm still curious.

Questions for you.

1. When do you think the earliest a Dark Knight Trilogy would be announced and/or released?

2. What would YOU want to see included in the collection

(in other words, what would they have to put in it to make you want to buy it)

Me personally: I would LOVE for Nolan and company to somehow incorporate any and all deleted scenes from any of the movies they may have had, in such a way that its like a seamless transition between scenes.

lol I know that wont happen, though I would at LEAST like some deleted scenes from TDKR, specifically Bane's origin sequence

Interviews with cast/crew is always nice. I really also enjoy watching "The Making of..." commentaries where it shows all the behind-the-scenes work that goes into these epic films.

Other than that, what could you really include in a DVD collection? Ideas?

Maybe include a special edition of copy of Batman and Robin? haha cant even say that with a straight face lol

2. Victarion Iron Captain

I'd just want whatever was cut to be edited back into TDKR.

3. Mob1423 LE-HOO...SEH-HER!

You won't get me to buy it simply because I already have BB and TDK on Blu-Ray and even if there is more special features I'm sure I'd love to see on those movies, it's going to be REALLY expensive. Have you seen the new box sets for the last 3 Star Wars films? It's a ridiculously high price.

I'm sorry, as much as I'd like to buy it, I'd rather just buy TDKR on Blu-Ray separately

4. Shpati Registered

All I know the DVDs/Blu-Ray will be set to be released late November or December.

Did they cut out a Bane's origins scene?

5. GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Knowing WB, they'll release a dozen special versions of TDKR and the previous films and a standard box set of the entire trilogy in December, then they'll release ultimate versions of each film with tons of special features that'll force you to collect them all again, and then they'll release a definitive box set of the entire trilogy with everyyyyyy thing in it later on.

Sound familiar to what they've done to another franchise of theirs that ended?

6. Mob1423 LE-HOO...SEH-HER!

GOOD LORD, have you seen the SIZE of the Ultimate editions for each year?!?! And it's only for 1 flipping movie!

7. the5timechamp Registered

a remastered batman begins wouldnt be bad at all...still waiting to upgrade to blu ray there.

8. antovolk Registered

Here's my idea I posted a while back:

9. BlackFox Merc

I would like a nice solid, tin box for the packaging with this image on the back:

[​IMG]

And this on the front:

[​IMG]

10. antovolk Registered

11. Deserana 2005/2008/2012

(Bluray)
    Disc 1 -
    All three movies edited together. All three batlogos at the beginning of the film then the whole trilogy just plays as one fluid film.
    Extra... Maximum movie mode with Christopher Nolan

Disc 2 -
    Batman Begins.
    Extras... Deleted Scenes, small behind the scenes featurettes. Brand new cast and crew commentary.

Disc 3 -
    The Dark Knight with IMAX scenes (ability to switch off)
    Extras... Small behind the scenes features. New cast and crew commentary.

Disc 4 -
    The Dark Knight Rises with IMAX scenes (ability to switch off) and Extended Cut
    Extras... cast and crew commentary, picture in picture story boards and small interviews.

Disc 5 -
    The Dark Knight Legacy.
    Documentary on the effect that the trilogy has had, interviews, never seen b-roll footage. Behind the scenes on stuntsas well as the writing process and production process of the film.

Box comes with art pictures, mini booklet, the scripts for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight as well as the 400 page first draft of The Dark Knight Rises.

Ohhhhh I can dream. The last limited edition set I dreamt up was an Inception briefcase with a spinning top and fake manual annnnnd that happened!!

#11 Deserana, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  12. Ant-LOX Bathman

BB is not going to look much better, the Blu ray version is pretty solid. Honestly, TDK's 35mm scenes look a bit rougher and worked-over in post production because of being intercut with the IMAX scenes.

BB's only problem would be the cheesy aerial shots of the narrows, they look like cartoons now :D

I'll buy TDKR when it hits Blu ray and DVD, and I'll but the trilogy on DVD & Blu ray when that releases too.

Hell, I re-bought TDK just because it features my favorite photo of Batman on the Cover.

13. Frontier Arkham Asylum Inmate

WB would be dumb as rocks to not offer extended editions. Nolan does his cut and then keeps trimming after that to fit the time, so the extended cuts do exist. All WB has to do is release them. People will pay for such, especially for more of Ledger as Joker. I'd buy the entire trilogy in blu-ray all over again in a heartbeat for 5 more minutes of Ledger's Joker.

14. Deserana 2005/2008/2012

There's barely any more Joker. Like one tiny scene and one bit of weird dialogue.

15. BlackFox Merc

I think only TDKR is worthy of an extended version, TDK doesnt really need it and Begins wouldn't add much. TDKR would benefit the most and is probably the only one with major scenes cut out in the first place.

16. the_monk Registered

Most filmmakers work this way. It doesn't necessarily mean they want you to see the deleted scenes. Ridley Scott and Peter Jackson do it, but I don't think Nolan has ever done it.

17. Deserana 2005/2008/2012

I know Nolan is all about his artistic integrity where what ever is released IS the Directors Cut. But surely it won't hurt to release some deleted scenes and B-Roll footage for the people who have followed the trilogy since the beginning just as a thank you to the fans or something. Just release it only with a trilogy box set.

18. jacobed Registered

I don't want any deleted scenes. Scenes are deleted for a reason, because they just don't belong. Bane's origin? Who cares, I don't need a 5 minute scene of Bane training. This is about Bruce/Batman not Bane. The scene with Fox and Miranda? It's unneccessary. The only thing I want in the box set that'll definitely come is commentary all 3 films by Nolan and a 10 minute look at Heath's Joker and Hardy's Bane.

19. TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

Here's what I'm hoping for...

#19 TheIrishAvenger, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  20. BlackFox Merc

I want one disc called "The Legend of the Bat" which is an hour and half film of interviews about what makes Batman so special to people, from all aspects of the character, the film and comic world and tv. Including, writers, directors, actors, artists and fans as well.

21. Mob1423 LE-HOO...SEH-HER!

Id like an exclusive first 10 minutes of "The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1"

22. ShadowBoxer Registered

You guys really think Dark Knight Rises needs to be extended? Its already 2 hours and 40 mins long. The only thing I would like to see in Dark Knight Rises is the deleted scenes with Bane's backstory that's it. I mean none of these movies really need to be extended in my opinion. I trust Nolan's decision to cut what he feel he had to.

23. honsq90 Registered

I'd love a blooper reel but that doesn't tend to happen with Nolan releases.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the extended behind the scenes bonus features though!

24. kvz5 HBIC

I would pay whatever amount to get a blooper reel and a commentary from Nolan and the cast.

25. PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

Just this. That's all I want. :csad:

It could have no package and be a clear white disc that I aquired from some shady hobo, and I still would be as content as ever. :csad::csad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.