The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I'll wait a year for The Ultimate Collector's Edition. I wasn't happy with the extras on the first two films and want as many extras as I can get for this film.

On a side note, I really hope a MAN OF STEEL prologue is thrown into the 2013 set.

That's the one thing WB did right with the BB Blu-ray.

I thought batman begins had some good extras. Ultimately if you watch the behind the scenes stuff, have read the art books, and seen interviews they tend to repeat themselves over and over.

Thats why I'm hoping they will do some features focusing on the trilogy as a whole and have Nolan talking about the talia and Ra's which I haven't seen much of because he's so secretive.

As for a man of steel prologue, that will depend if they even have one, which we haven't heard of anything yet. A trailer would probably be more likely.

Can't talk for anyone else but the reason I'm reluctant to double dip is because I don't want multiple copies of the same movie. If they did a deal where you send in an old blu ray at the same time as the purchase of a new blu ray for a discount then I'd be more open to double dip.

I've bought BB & TDK multiple times for various covers, steelbooks, upgrades, or items they came with. It's the only franchise that I can justify doing this with. TDKR will be no exception as I'll probably end up buying multiple versions as well as the trilogy set. I have a problem.

I thought batman begins had some good extras. Ultimately if you watch the behind the scenes stuff, have read the art books, and seen interviews they tend to repeat themselves over and over.

Thats why I'm hoping they will do some features focusing on the trilogy as a whole and have Nolan talking about the talia and Ra's which I haven't seen much of because he's so secretive.

As for a man of steel prologue, that will depend if they even have one, which we haven't heard of anything yet. A trailer would probably be more likely.

Anything can be deemed a "prologue".

The first 7 minutes of MOS can be deemed a prologue.

Can't talk for anyone else but the reason I'm reluctant to double dip is because I don't want multiple copies of the same movie. If they did a deal where you send in an old blu ray at the same time as the purchase of a new blu ray for a discount then I'd be more open to double dip.
You can trade in your old DVDs for money or gift cards at a variety of online and in-store retailers.

3rd Quarter 2013 for the Ultimate Trilogy?!

damn, i thought for sure it'd be released sometime in May/June to coincide with Man Of Steel

Frankly, I'm already bracing myself for how underwhelming it will be to watch the movie in my 50" 1080p TV.

Its not like other movies I buy, that I never saw in theatres or are just too small for them to lose their flavor in the much smaller screen. For instance, I bought the Criterion Blu-ray of Fincher's THE GAME & really enjoyed watching it at home with the wife.

TDKR for me will always be THE 15/70 film. My Lawrence of Arabia, except instead of Cinemascope its 70mm.

I'm really only buying it on Blu-ray FOR the special features. The odds of me watching it at home as much as I did in True IMAX are slim.

That's why I'll wait a year for The Ultimate Collector's Edition. I wasn't happy with the extras on the first two films and want as many extras as I can get for this film.

On a side note, I really hope a MAN OF STEEL prologue is thrown into the 2013 set.

That's the one thing WB did right with the BB Blu-ray.
That's very strange of you.

O7zWK.jpg

I'll definitely pick up that MAD MAX collection.

I'm already happy with my ROAD WARRIOR Blu-ray (it has commentary by Miller) but I'd like some BTS footage and some thoughts by Gibson or even better - a commentary.

gZupl.jpg

German digi: no different than the US db, right? Because this cover...no :o Too many versions, can't decide :csad:

Couldn't find a larger pic, but some of the dimensions are specified.

289h0fo.png

Awesome, a comic book version of the prologue :up:

Also, wtf, another LOTR extended cut, but not one for potter? Lame :o

For some reason that cover looks pretty darn good there.

Looks classy.

I'll probably end up getting the Best Buy blu-ray and hold out for the trilogy until the Collector's edition next year. I already have the other films on blu-ray but it will be quite easy to sell those and TDKR.

i remember when watchmen came out on blu ray, there was a coupon inside for $$ off of the ultimate cut. probably won't be the case, but it's a possibility.

I knew they'd use that fugly-ash poster :csad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"