The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! :( UltraViolet can die.
Why?

You can access it from anywhere, you can download it to any computer, iPad, etc., you can access them from Roku (which you can't do with iTunes) and it's the most universal of all digital copy formats.

Why?

You can access it from anywhere, you can download it to any computer, iPad, etc., you can access them from Roku (which you can't do with iTunes) and it's the most universal of all digital copy formats.

Last I checked, UltraViolet requires streaming through the internet, compared to the iTunes/Windows Media Player digital copy that you just download, transfer to your other devices and go.

Last I checked, UltraViolet requires streaming through the internet, compared to the iTunes/Windows Media Player digital copy that you just download, transfer to your other devices and go.

This.

I usually make my own digital copies, but it's too bad that WB is backing UltraViolet and not iTunes anymore.

That's not completely correct. Here are the options for The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1. You can either stream OR download. Then once you download to your computer, and then transfer to whatever portable device you want. Now if you were to go straight to the Ultraviolet website, then you would only have the option to stream. If you look at the web address on the little inserts for movies that have Ultraviolet, it utilizes Flixter.

flixter1.jpg

Last edited:
That's not completely correct. Here are the options for The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1. You can either stream OR download. Then once you download to your computer, and then transfer to whatever portable device you want. Now if you were to go straight to the Ultraviolet website, then you would only have the option to stream.

That's actually a little reassuring, though I wish they'd stick with iTunes rather than try to reinvent the wheel. Once it's downloaded to your computer or mobile device, you don't need internet access so it can "phone home" and make sure you have the rights to watch it?

That's actually a little reassuring, though I wish they'd stick with iTunes rather than try to reinvent the wheel. Once it's downloaded to your computer or mobile device, you don't need internet access so it can "phone home" and make sure you have the rights to watch it?
OK, here's the deal. I completely take back what I said. Once you download it to your computer, it's next to impossible to locate the file. I mean, it's somewhere on my HDD as it took up 1.3 GB of space. So in theory, if you could find the downloaded file, then you could technically transfer it from your computer to the portable device, but it should not be that hard to find in the first place. So that tells me that it's not meant to be found. So with all that said, I'm sorry.

Once you download it to your computer, it's next to impossible to locate the file. I mean, it's somewhere on my HDD as it took up 1.3 GB of space.

I'm sure you did, but did you go to search on your computer, files, then select today's date? On my old dell or hp I'd do that when I couldn't find where the files went.

Why?

Yes, all with the requirement of Internet access. And once its on a computer you can't just plug in a device and sync.

Now this ultraviolet rises.. The digital copy has to come back
It would be perfect.

That's pretty neat.
Yes, it will look good. There is a MessenjahMatt cover of Catwoman's silhouette walking away, which is nice. However I'd like to see more detail and her face, hence this choice.

Yes, it will look good. There is a MessenjahMatt cover of Catwoman's silhouette walking away, which is nice. However I'd like to see more detail and her face, hence this choice.

Have you printed out custom Blu Ray covers before?

If you have a bluray player on your computer, you can actually just drag and drop the mt2s file straight to your HDD.

You can download ultraviolet movies onto your computer or iPad and watch them without an Internet connection.

I've done it multiple times without any issues.

All of this distaste for Ultraviolet is based on misinformation and inaccuracies.

How, because so far I would definitely put itunes digital copy over ultraviolet without the slightest hesitation. I think what i dislike most of all is having to need so many different accounts for different studios, and then different applications for them, where as for the other one all i need is itunes and my number from the bluray. And i don't need to have my movie on a bunch of different devices. I'm just fine watching my movies on my little ipod in the train or even on a plane. I mean I've been able to download some of sony's movies like Drive and ides of march onto my computer through sony pictures download manager, but even that thing acts stupid some times, and the help from ultraviolet is a complete pain. I think the biggest problem with ultraviolet for me is that it was unnecessary. I was just fine itunes. Quick download to my library, quick copy to my ipod. That's it. No need for any streaming whatsoever. No fear of buffering or anything like that. I mean I can't even log into my ultraviolet account right now. The thing locked me out for no reason and my attempts to get it back haven't worked, even after emailing these guys. Personally I've just decided to buy Dark Knight Rises on itunes, so it can go on my ipod with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I mean I have harry potter 7 part 2 on flixster and I can't play that stupid thing. Wouldn't even let me download Hangover 2.

Hopefully someone will sell their BEST BUY dvd exclusive (reborn documentary) on ebay as BEST BUY don't ship to the UK.

WOAH

That Catwoman cover for TDKR that MessenjahMatt made.. Wow.

After looking at some of his posters for TDKR, I have to say, MessenjahMatt has singlehandedly put Warner Bros. entire marketing campaign for TDKR to shame.

I don't even know what Ultraviolet is... I rather the studios spend more time making more interesting special features

I wonder if MessenjahMatt could make logo covers for BB, TDK, and TDKR just like the previous batman blu-rays.

jbzUENHXVUKjbh.jpg

You can download ultraviolet movies onto your computer or iPad and watch them without an Internet connection.

I've done it multiple times without any issues.

All of this distaste for Ultraviolet is based on misinformation and inaccuracies.

If you download a ultraviolet movie to a Ipad or similar device then delete the movie you need a internet connection to download it again right?

No. I will be buying two copies of the movie. One for a Batman collection, and the Catwoman custom cover will be for my collection of Anne-rays.

Hehe, Anne-rays. :p

wow cant believe the trilogy blu ray on amazon is only $30.. that Bat Cowl just HAS to drop price, please drop to $25 or so.

No. I will be buying two copies of the movie. One for a Batman collection, and the Catwoman custom cover will be for my collection of Anne-rays.

I'm just confused on how to do it. What kind of paper to use, what kind of settings on the printer. Know what I mean? If anyone in here has printed out Blu Ray covers, can someone please send me a PM on how to do it, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"