The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it like it was yesterday! I'm pretty sure it was this board but some girl had gotten a TDK MM unmasked Batman and took pictures of her lighting him on fire. It got fans in an uproar. I'll try to find the pics if I can

Edit: Here's the link. I can't even look at the pics cause it makes me sick to my stomach. Makes me hate this girl all over again.
http://vegannramember.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/what-i-did-with-my-batman-dark-knight-chase-figure/

here's an interesting thing,though...

look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures. we see her opening a Batman figure,but most of the figure is still obscured in the package. and the last pic is the burning stump of where the head used to be...

i submit the possibility that she DIDN'T actually open and burn a chase figure, but instead opened and burned her regular Batman figure.and said she burned the Chase to rile us up. not saying that it makes her any less of a jackass *****, but the possibility exists that maybe she just played a prank to get all of us collector's in an uproar.

i mean,why DID she even do it in the 1st place? hatred against fanboys? her boyfriend? hatred towards Batman?

wait,what!?

i was around here in 2008,but i honestly don't remember this!!

I was around in 2008 but don't remember this either. Probably a good thing...I would have cried.

i don't get this, i had him in my cart 3 times but it never let me check out haha

it isn't meant to be. :(

Ordered Ra's on Amazon Tuesday night for Free Standard Shipping, received it today in perfect condition!

Got my two ras amazon overnighted pleasant surprise. The thing is a little touchy with light sometimes working sometimes doesnt and turns off by itself. 1 aaa battery was used though might be problem.The little button on bottom on front of main piece turns it off and on too idk what its for. I prob will buy another ras and keep bat signal piece for backup. And still don't understand why mattel made gordon bat signal not fit on frame correctly without falling off.
v5hhec.jpg

2ihrtox.jpg

Got my two ras amazon overnighted pleasant surprise. The thing is a little touchy with light sometimes working sometimes doesnt and turns off by itself. 1 aaa battery was used though might be problem.The little button on bottom on front of main piece turns it off and on too idk what its for. I prob will buy another ras and keep bat signal piece for backup. And still don't understand why mattel made gordon bat signal not fit on frame correctly without falling off.
v5hhec.jpg

2ihrtox.jpg

Mine does that too. And I had just taken the batteries out of the package. Maybe it is supposed to??? :huh: When I first finished it, I couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on for the life of me, lol! :oldrazz:

Mine does that too. And I had just taken the batteries out of the package. Maybe it is supposed to??? :huh: When I first finished it, I couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on for the life of me, lol! :oldrazz:

lol me too. then i was messing around with that button on bottom of alfreds piece and it started working. Seems like you got to switch it on then hit button on bottom once.

So I stopped at my local Walmart which has not had even 1 MM since this all started (they didn't even have pegs for them) and just for kicks I checked the toys and they FINALLY stocked up. They had a GU Catwoman and a Blake (only one each). They also had the next wave of Hot Wheels Batman cars: 1940's comic batmobile, camo tumbler, black tumbler and batman forever batmobile. They even had some of the 6" Avengers (Cap, Thor, Loki and Iron Man).

If anybody needs any of this stuff send me a PM and I will go back and get what you want. Also tell me how you want me to ship it, might as well get the shipping materials while I'm there.

The bat signal is supposed to shut off after a while to conserve the battery. Don't panic fellas!

The bat signal is supposed to shut off after a while to conserve the battery. Don't panic fellas!

I thought that may have been it....but is staying on for like 7 seconds then going off the norm? Cause that's what mine tends to do.

Ya I've heard 10 seconds, 9 seconds, so it must be different for everyone. I think it's a pretty neat feature. I just hope the batteries don't leak...

look at the 2nd and 3rd pictures. we see her opening a Batman figure,but most of the figure is still obscured in the package. and the last pic is the burning stump of where the head used to be...

i submit the possibility that she DIDN'T actually open and burn a chase figure, but instead opened and burned her regular Batman figure.and said she burned the Chase to rile us up. not saying that it makes her any less of a jackass *****, but the possibility exists that maybe she just played a prank to get all of us collector's in an uproar.

i mean,why DID she even do it in the 1st place? hatred against fanboys? her boyfriend? hatred towards Batman?

Is that even possible??!?! :batman:

I read some of the responses and the person that left the comment with the username 'Dad' (comment #5) sums this attention seeker up perfectly.

It's quite possible that she trolled everybody and burned a regular Batman head but I can't even look at the pics without getting heated lol I think it was her hatred towards the fans that made her do this. People like her don't deserve these figures

I have an extra Ra's Al Ghul that I would like to trade. It is just the figure, not batsignal piece. Looking to trade for the Alfred batsignal piece. Any takers? PM me. Thanks.

This was one of the first listings for the light piece

Final price was 58 dollars. Considering it started the first few days at 20 dollars and ended at 58 dollars it wasn't that bad.

got the walmart only camo tumbler today,last one.

Great minds think alike. I just bought one too. Only one they had. Then, saw some Hot Wheels boxes in the back on rollers. Peeked inside, saw 3 The Bats, grabbed them. Looked to the left, another box, another 3!

Lil birdy also told me they were restocking pallets tonight, no guarantee there would be Movie Masters(currently bare, not even pegs), but I'm going back tomorrow. I want a Gordon.

Anybody wanna trade a GU for GD Cat? Got 2 GD's today from Amazon.

Cases are still going out. I just went to a Wally, got another x3 Bat, Bane, Blake, Cat case.

Ra's.....is still going to stores? Right? Or did we lucky few who lurked Amazon get the only remaining few?

Anyone have a Fear Toxin Batman for sale or trade? Also looking for a GD Catwoman. Will have a RA's to trade after this weekend I believe.

Tim

Cases are still going out. I just went to a Wally, got another x3 Bat, Bane, Blake, Cat case.

Ra's.....is still going to stores? Right? Or did we lucky few who lurked Amazon get the only remaining few?

What state are ya in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"